No announcement yet.

March Whole30

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats, Rhonda! Those are great results!! (Out of curiosity, what do you mean by "too many primalized recipes"?)

How's everyone else doing?

C'mon, MamaGrok - we can do it!! (just a few more weeks)!!
    50 yo single mom
    5'3"
    Primal since 12/1/2010. Now Whole30ing until I feel WHOLE again, my goals are no longer scale-related.

Aila's Primal Journey

"If I cling to circumstances, I could claim to be not responsible. Only she who says she did not choose is the loser in the end." Adrienne Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by Aila View Post
      Congrats, Rhonda! Those are great results!! (Out of curiosity, what do you mean by "too many primalized recipes"?)
      Things like the coconut flour pancakes or primal enchiladas, cauliflower pizza, etc......going forward, these will be treats! Before, I was kind of using them as a crutch - now I know lots of delicious whole food recipes to try and I don't need to think inside such a tiny box anymore!
      ~Rhonda

"Do or do not do, there is no try" - Yoda

Comment

• Hi all
        I have lost 4.5 kilos and have gone down 3 inches on my waist and 2 inches on my chest.
        Pretty happy with that
        I am slightly concerned for myself as the feeling of freedom to eat what ever I want is scaring me. I think I will allow myself a flat White and a couple of squares of dark chocolate.

Anyone else feel scared they will go bananas or is it just me?

I think i just need to focus on the positives and how good I feel now not the excitement of 'other' food!

Comment

• all day long I was thinking about how great butter would taste on my steak......I told everyone in my office how much I was looking forward to having butter on my steak.....I got home and cooked the steak........I ate the steak, so delicious........I completely forgot about the butter........and I didn't miss it!

LOL!!!
          ~Rhonda

Comment

• LOL, love it, Rhonda! And yes, those are great improvements!

I'm not having anything sweet when I get off. I know me. It'll undo everything. I'm having some berries (b/c I'm doing a candida thing, too) and some butter. A few days later, I'll have kefir again, and some butter. Hold at that for a few weeks and see if anything changes. Consider having cheese a few months down the road. Continue saving treats for Sundays & special occasions, and making them fruit or honey based, more often than not. I'm trying to find two things - 1) a healing diet that's not too strict and not too lax and 2) a permanent way of eating that's not too restrictive and doesn't include things that make me feel bad or gravitate back toward cravings land.
            5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
            Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
            Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
            Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
            ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Before and after PICS!!

sorry I'm making such wierd faces in these!
              Blue = before
              Gray = after

Not a HUGE difference, only 10 pounds, but a little more definition in the abs and arms, I think..

PICT0026..jpg
              PICT0081..jpg
              PICT0031..jpg
              PICT0080..jpg
              Last edited by rkj1969; 03-31-2011, 04:08 PM.
              ~Rhonda

Comment

• Oh Rhonda, that is a BIG difference!! I totally see it -- you are markedly smaller! And I love your story about steak and (not missed) butter ! Major congrats to you, and thanks so much for sharing your pics!

Runningwild - wow! 4.5 kilos in 30 days, that is awesome!

You are all inspiring me to hang on for the rest of my Whole46!! Thank you!!
                50 yo single mom
                5'3"
                Primal since 12/1/2010. Now Whole30ing until I feel WHOLE again, my goals are no longer scale-related.

Aila's Primal Journey

"If I cling to circumstances, I could claim to be not responsible. Only she who says she did not choose is the loser in the end." Adrienne Rich

Comment

• You can do it Aila!!!!! (and thank you!)
                  ~Rhonda

Comment

• GO FOR IT!!!

i made the massive mistake of having a naan bread last night and really paid the price. I have not been so uncomfortable and had such a bad night sleep in a long time
                    lesson learnt - no more wheat!

Comment

• So is there an April thread? I've been looking for it but haven't seen one roll by...

I've been eating butter & yogurt for three days and it is NOT my friend. Back on the wagon ... my stomach is feeling totally engorged...
                      5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                      Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                      Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                      Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                      ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Thanks, Rhonda, Thanks Runningwild!

Hey MamaGrok, I was wondering that too... Shall we start one?
                        50 yo single mom
                        5'3"

Aila's Primal Journey

Comment

• Okay, I just started one... C'mon over!
                          50 yo single mom
                          5'3"

Aila's Primal Journey

Comment

Working...
                          X