No announcement yet.

Primal Journal ~ Mystic ~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you get keto so quickly? I have been testing and am no where close.
    Female back to the basics: 5-2017
    CW: 2017: 150
    GW: 130 a dream, I know
    Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• It takes 1.5 days of under 20 carbs before I see a change in the Keto stix. I am a habitual exerciser so perhaps that helps. It does take about 40 hours if I add it all up. It doesn't feel quick.

Comment

• I have had a good Keto day. I feel satisfied after dinner but not stuffed.

Comment

• Was feeling poorly today, and yesterday, so fell into the trap of having carbs to see if that made me feel better. I miss feeling good in the way I used to five years ago, and wonder if I'll ever get my spark back.

Oh well, tomorrow is a new day.

Comment

• 133 today. I went 5 days eating very little, but now I'm eating again. I'm worried I'll gain it all back in a week. Going to try keep in ketosis and focus on my Paleo eating

Comment

• Weight 131.4
              I am currently 40 hours water fasted. I expect some bounce back when food resumes, but am sticking with ketosis for as long as I can. I didn't choose this but had a tooth extraction yesterday, and my body wants to fast. No hunger at all during this time. I also have a sore throat presumably from the infected tooth. I am really hoping I feel better soon.

My current weight goals are to be in the 128-132 range, so I am happy I am there. Now I just need to eat clean and regain my health.

Comment

• Primal Journal ~ Mystic ~

Im back and starting zero carb today. I'm going to be Ketogenic long term. That's just what I need right now as I have become carbohydrate intolerant. My body wants to heal.
                Starting weight 135.8
                Goal weight 126
                Last edited by mystic; 07-07-2016, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• Mystic, how tall are you?
                  Depression Lies

Comment

• 5'6"

Comment

• We are the same height. So 135 isn't that big on me, but I was 124 for a long time and felt a lot better. Not sure what weight I need to be, but losing some flab and feeling healthier are my main priorities.

Comment

• Your self-talk concerns me a bit, some of the way you word things here sounds like you punish yourself with restriction. I hope that you know that you and your body are worthy of compassion no matter what the scale says. You are probably older than me, but even over the past 5 years, I have found that my body has changed a lot and I'm pretty comfortable here around 150#. Exercise was pretty key in that because it gives me a lot of confidence. I know I'll be much happier when my injuries heal and I can feel good doing things again There were times that I felt better 10-15# less (when I was in the 130s), but when I got there, I still wasn't happy.
                        Depression Lies

Comment

• Primal Journal ~ Mystic ~

I'm currently doing 30 days exclusion diet to try heal my IBS and joint pain. It's called Zero carb and so far it seems to be working.
                          Last edited by mystic; 07-15-2016, 04:12 AM.

Comment

• I've been reading about zero carb today, and it has left me curious and inspired to try it. I'm not buying anymore fruits and vegetables for awhile. I was getting tired of avocados anyway. Not sure how long I will be down this long, but it will depend on how it makes me feel.

Today lunch was a cheese omelette and dinner was mince and cheese.

Comment

• Did beef mince and cheese today. Will try get to the shop tomorrow and stock up on mince. Really feeling better on zero carb. For months I have been plagued with dry and itchy eyes. I bought a blue screen for my phone and have been using eye drops. Today I just noticed that my eyes weren't dry and I hadn't needed drops for days.. I think my body is healing now I have stopped burdening it with carbohydrates.

Comment

• Stocked up on mince today. Ready to zero carb through the weekend,

Comment

Working...
                                X