When you know better, you do better: Metismomma's journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
    Your weight isn't a number... it's a range. No one weighs the same all the time. In a given day weight fluctuates 2-4lbs. So stop weighing yourself so frequently, and if you feel you must weigh yourself do it in the morning after a fast, before you drink/ eat –this is the only way to compare your weight efficiently, not if you compare your weight to when you're fasted to when you've had a gallon of water.
    (But maybe you know this...)

I can stop pretending like I'm smart now, or I can go on and quiz you about the things you're eating/ doing to try to pin-point why you're gaining
    Unless you've actually been diagnosed with hormone/ thyroid problems (these are very rare) I doubt they're the scape goats on this.
    Trust me, it took me so long to lose weight that I thought I had it... but I just required some tweaking.
    The leaner you get the harder it is, but even women with 16%BF can lose weight if they really get their ass into gear.
    All is possible!

Your signature: words of wisdom.
    Hai Meaty
    I only weight myself in the morning after I wander in to go the bathroom after I wake up. Its only once a day(yeah still to much) but my weight just does not fluctuate like this. My range has been for the past 6 months 122-124max.
    I'm hoping its not my thyroid, I'm really hoping its still at 1.1 w/e it was that was good an healthy. I do think its the enzymes, because I am feeling good. Which is fabulous Going to take the weight gain and love it

Signature is from here digestive health

But I digress...
    *Best Brooklyn accent*Ha yo doin'? o.O
    Calm the f**k down.

Comment

No period in sight.
      Lost 2 lbs(dang it all! lost my own bet ) Water retention? I dunno. Maca? I dunno. Digestive enzymes? I dunno. Calorie counting? I dunno.
      Fuck it all, I dunno.
      K.Kid is home sick still. I gave her Emergen-C which she refused to drink. REFUSED
      even after I threatened with the Oil of Oregano and Sambucol. Weird kid, she'll take OoO but not drink Emergen-C. W/e, she'll take OoO so that'll be her medicine for recovery.
      R. is still driving me nutty sleep-wise. She has managed to kick me out of bed again last night, then off the couch, then off the bed. Dang it kid! Sleep in your own damn bed for once!
      I was supposed to get my eyes checked today(its been 6 years and I can't see worth shit ) but I can't haul both kids across town when one is sick and the other is 3. We're walking, so its not like I can jump in the car and go either. Gah... also -23c/-31 with the wind chill.
      In like a lion, out like a lamb...In like a lion, out like a lamb...
      1) Roasted a couple pork shoulder blade steaks yesterday for supper. I could only eat 1/2 of one and that was barely. Very fatty, very filling. Mashed cauliflower for me, french fries for the rest of the family. Ended up with only about 1200 cal yesterday, lowest in awhile(I think)

leftovers for breakfast and coffee. Hungry again or something. A little gassy.
      2)maybe? I don't know whats in store for today.
      3)plan on doing legs today, so squats/lunges/side lunges/calf raises x3 + planks
      4)tabata workout
      5)ugh..not likely. I will probably end up in bed at around 9pm.
      6)I have a hard time with play. I'm just not a playful person. Might try to play with the kids a little
      7)nope and I ran out of D today.
      8) planning on going grocery shopping when the husband comes home from work. Always a smidge traumatic.
      9)sure, will try
      10) MDA always makes me use my mind

Both of the kids need a bath so thats in the works today. Littlest has the worst garlic breath after scarfing down about 10 garlic baby dills yesterday. She loves to grab my face and gaze lovingly into my eyes. Bleeahhh LOL!
      Calm the f**k down.

Comment

Lactic.Acid.buildup.

I could barely finish the frog squats. Either I'm in incredibly shitty shape(possible) or this one is damned hard!
        Calm the f**k down.

Comment

A bit sore today, so might just do a warm up and stretching.
          So my father in law is coming over today to watch the kids while I get my eyes checked. I'm actually excited but I need to clean house. Luckily its fairly tidy. I'm going to pick out a new pair of glasses, ones without a damn frame. Might get the anti-glare and scratch resistant.

Went grocery shopping yesterday, it went well actually. $300 worth of groceries, most freezer stuff. I'm going to try to get the girls off of cows milk and bought some almond milk to start the switch with. Its not the best alternative, but baby steps with these girls...baby steps...
          I bought kumquats and a dragon fruit to try yesterday. R. was not impressed, K. actually quite enjoyed them when she peeled the skin off, hubby was 'meh'. The dragonfruit was a bigger hit, K. and hubby loved it, R. wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole. It was ok. Little like kiwi, little like nothing. Not something I would buy again.
          Hubby decided to buy some bananas for R. and himself. I'm not a fan and K. is allergic. Turns out R. would rather peel them than eat them. 3 year olds! lol

Eat:
          breakfast was leftovers: pork loin blade steak and mashed cauliflower. took my supplements with. Still felt hungry after which was odd. Ended up have a small handful of pecans(turns out I love them) a square of dark chocolate, and later an apple with peanut butter.
          closer to lunch I had blueberries and coconut milk.
          when we hit suppertime (after grocery shopping...ooh not a good idea. Should always go shopping after you've eaten) I had a piece of dried mango, some kumquats, dragonfruit while cooking. What was for supper? Ooh the nommyness! I made shepards pie, lean ground beef fried with coconut oil, carrots, onion and celery (plus Spike, I put that shit on everything!) and topped with mashed sweet potato. Top with shredded cheese... so good. I ended up eating 2 pieces. Of course there are leftovers. breakfast will be good

exercise: Did the above tabata workout and rested for ah hour or so. Did my leg workout, only got 2 sets in. Lactic acid buildup sets in so fast, can't wait to see what happens when I introduce the L-Tyrosine back in.

2 more days of maca left. Should be interesting to see what happens when I'm not taking it anymore, if anything.

Sleep: went to bed at 9pm. R. fell asleep JUST before supper(if she had waited 5 minutes she could have ate) and was pretty much done for the night. Weaning had fallen a bit off track since she's been sick. Which is the way it usually goes. Hubby put her in her bed and I got to stretch out and sleep up until she crawled in to our bed sometime this morning. Woke up fairly refreshed this morning at 6am. R bounced out of bed and went to go bug her daddy who gets up at 5:30am. 6:30 I had to get up since Hubby was off to work.
          Speaking of which, I need to stop drinking coffee again. Out of principle mainly, I think my adrenal fatigue has healed quite a bit in the past couple months.

play: none. Referee'd the girls a little while they played, they do get along well but the oldest can be a bit dramatic in her disagreement. One second laughing, next second screaming like a banshee. Its been difficult getting her to remember to use other tactics with her sister.

Figured out where all my weight gain is, when I found myself struggling to get my jeans up lol! Its all in my butt and thighs, my jeans were bordering skintight.

Noticed I have had any issues with my left leg though, it had been getting swollen and achy for a couple months there. Lately, nothing. Could be because I haven't been standing on my feet all day. : /

Mind: who knows what will pop up today Probably update my nutrition plan to show the supplements I will be taking, which ones I've ran out of, which ones I'm choosing not to get again.

Still no period.
          Calm the f**k down.

Comment

You remind me... I haven't got my period since... I can't even remember... the summer?

What the fuck? My system pretty much shut down it seems.
            "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
            -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

Originally posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
              You remind me... I haven't got my period since... I can't even remember... the summer?

What the fuck? My system pretty much shut down it seems.
              You also seem to be having a shitty day Meaty ((hug)) You know, you should move to Alberta. Shitty weather, good food and cute boys
              Calm the f**k down.

Comment

pregnancy test=negative (whew!) We may have narrowed down the days I had my period last month...but still not sure.
                Came back from getting my eyes checked and yup, I need new glasses. Its been about 10 years since I had a new pair O.O I went a different way then I usually do. A little funkier, out of my comfort zone but cute, very cute I won't get them for about another week since they have to send them out to cut the lenses etc.

Meaty, I'm not kidding. I think moving west would be better than staying in Montreal. That place is sucking the soul out of you. Go live somewhere were women have all sorts of body shapes(and STILL HAVE BOYFRIENDS!!).

TMI: been peeing like a racehorse all freaking day. WHY? I didn't drink a huge amount today either, 2 cups coffee and 1 1/2 glasses of water. Weird.
                Calm the f**k down.

Comment

Guess who finally showed her late ass up to my house? She's lucky I like her and let her in instead of throwing her butt to the curb.
                  FINALLY Aunt Flo! Took your damn sweet time, didncha?
                  So yesterday Batty gave the website addy of a period tracker after I was frantically googling all afternoon looking for one :P I signed up for a beta for trackmyperiods.com and I got an invite today. So now I have 2 systems for tracking. also have 2 invites for the beta if anyone is interested. I have no one in my immediate family who can use it so... let me know if you want in.

Looks like the water weight is finally starting to come off. Some people bloat in their tummy...I bloat in my thighs *blush* who knew?

Kids are being stinking cute this morning. They always are when they're feeling healthy and had enough sleep (shocker lol)

I watched Burlesque last night. Not the epitome of classic cinema but fun watch. I love dancing and dancers. Except DWTS. That is a travesty. Looking forward to the next So You Think You Can Dance. especially the Canadian version because we have some kickass dancers.

I work today, finally. I had to stay home most of the week with sick kids. It will be nice to go to work and finally get stuff done.

eats: Last night I made cooked a chicken breast, stirfried some bok choy, spinach and mushrooms and called it a day. It was huge and I was definitely full afterwards. I did end up having a handful of nuts though. I was full but not satisfied :/ Also ate the last of the shepards pie for breakfast AND lunch. Soo good! I could eat that 7 days a week I think. If I went with cauliflower instead of yams it probably wouldn't be such a pricey dish though.
                  macros for yesterday:
                  2100 cal
                  15.5% carbs
                  24.5% protein
                  60% fat
                  exercise: stretching, fairly stiff from the day before. lots of walking today
                  Sleep: slept well from what I remember, went to bed late last night(for me anyway) slept fairly well and got to sleep in a little.
                  play:none again. no idea what I will do for play today.
                  mind:a little yesterday. Probably a lot more today.

finishing the last of the maca today. We shall see what happens now.
                  Calm the f**k down.

Comment

Originally posted by Metismomma View Post
                    eats: Last night I made cooked a chicken breast, stirfried some bok choy, spinach and mushrooms and called it a day. It was huge and I was definitely full afterwards. I did end up having a handful of nuts though. I was full but not satisfied :/
                    You did have fat in there, right?
                    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

stirfried veggies with coconut oil. But yeah, the chicken breast had zip for fat. The nuts had enough extra fat to satisfy me.
                      Calm the f**k down.

Comment

Originally posted by Metismomma View Post
                        You also seem to be having a shitty day Meaty ((hug)) You know, you should move to Alberta. Shitty weather, good food and cute boys
                        Don't use the cute boy card. One day you'll find some strange chick with suitcases standing in front of your house and you'll ask yourself "what have I done?"
                        "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
                        -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

More like "shit! I promised her cute boys! /hide" and start facebooking my nearest cousins.
                          Facebooking is a verb. It is too!
                          Calm the f**k down.

Comment

Cute boys?! Where?

(oh yeah, I'm married. Oh well, at least Geek is dead sexy.)
                            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

Inorite? I work in a healthfood store, not a lot of cute boys come in. But across the road...
                              gym...with a boxing club...and paleo info on the wall...and really hot guy running it...
                              /fans self

Really though, it had me at Paleo.
                              Calm the f**k down.

Comment

oh and I'm married...yeah...thats why I don't go in there >.>
                                Calm the f**k down.

Comment

Working...
                                X