Peregrination of an enlightened warrior

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peregrination of an enlightened warrior

Since switching to the primal blueprint ive had alot more energy and find myself, training so to say, more often here and there. The problem is i do not even out my training as much as i like because i lose track of what ive done in the past few weeks. so this is to be a training log to keep myself on track, and record my progress.

I had a lack of energy today but i went to the playground did some pullups chinups dips and handstands. Ran two sprints.

Now time to get creative...
    my photo stream
    The Enlightened Warrior

I feel so much better today. Like 100x better..

I walked to a, "gym park" ill call it, to see how long the travel on foot would be and it ended up being 25 minutes. once there i did a minute or two on the "power rower" to get the blood flowing since its pretty frigid out with the wind. Then continued to do 10 chins, 10 dips, 5 widegrip pulls, 15 widegrip pushups, 5 widegrip pulls, 15 pushups, 10 chins, followed by some L sit work, superset with one leg pushes on this swing type thing they have( mostly just did it for active rest in between) then walked a triple curved pole a few times for a finish.

On the way back i found a pond with a small wood path around it, walked on the rail of the side to practice my balance and check out the small area. Turned out the water was dirty and the trail was probably 100 m long with buildings 30ft from the opposite side of the bridge, but what can you expect in the city. Can't wait till its spring and im back home to hike the reservation near my house again.

When i got back i had a new flush of energy so i pulled out some exercise bands i have but havent used since i got them, the kind you pin in the door with clips on both sides for handles. not sure of the resistance levels ill have to look it up red yellow and blue are the colors red being most resistance. anyways did circuits of curls, overhead press, bent rear delt ext. side delt ext. then switched up ohp for pressdowns, and shoulder work for rows and flyes. finished up doing 3 sets of bulgaraian squats then ate a can of sardines.

I just want it to be spring time ...
    my photo stream
    The Enlightened Warrior

Comment

Woke up feeling pretty crappy all stiff and creaky, ate breakfast and watched 7 pounds with my lady, but by the end of the 2 hour and 3 minute movie i felt like i had to go out regardless of the rain and get moving. So i took a little jog down to the park (about 2-3min jog) and did alittle grokhang/squat to get myself limber then proceeded to:
      5 chins, 10 wide push, 5 chins, 10 close push, 5 pulls, 10 wide push, 5 pulls, 10 close push,5 hammer pulls, 10 wide push, 5 hammer pulls, 10 close push, 3 chins with extremely slow negatives. then did a sprint walk sprint walk sprint walk around the block till i was back.
      I know my performance was not 100 % today which is sad but i couldnt let that stop me. Perhaps later on ill do another work out of some sort.
      my photo stream
      The Enlightened Warrior

Comment

Yesterday I shoveled my driveway after 4 inches of snow and did some bulgarian squats. Later in the day i did two sets of hammer grip pulls for max.

Today I went to the park and switched off from chins, pulls, uneven chins , with alternating pushups ( close to wide). Later i went to barnes and noble and picked up a copy of Bruce Lee's Fighting Methods Complete edition, they did didnt have tao of jeet kune do to compliment it so ill have to look elsewhere. Anyways its an interesting book and ill have to read some everynight but not too much because its kind of a progression.
        my photo stream
        The Enlightened Warrior

Comment

Yesterday I sprinted, ended up sprinting around the block 5-6 times because the park was littered with children so i wasnt going to be that creep. Did a few sets of ply push ups and australian pullups on a railing outback. Today i went to the park to attempt some pullups but i just wasnt feeling them so i came home did 2 sets of planks for 1 min each both sides too, and worked on my handstand for a bit. calves are killing me but its worth it now that i can actually run without snow and ice, it will just be awhile till its all gravy again.
          my photo stream
          The Enlightened Warrior

Comment

mmm... two days ago. i went for a hike. in woods ive never been too. in nikes. in the snow. must say them woods was not big, for i covered most of the perimiter in alittle over an hour. in nikes. and no not nikes for sport, flat bottoms as flat as could be.

yesterday. I went for a hike in the woods near my mothers house, these i know, and these are much bigger. tracked some deer for awhile. didnt find any, just tracks droppings and sleeping areas. found a antler too 5 spikes about a foot and a half long.

today. went to the park down the street did 5 chins 6 pull 6 chins 6 pulls. later walked barefoot in the freezing temps for 45 min then worked on some weighted pullups and ring dips.
            my photo stream
            The Enlightened Warrior

Comment

today was a busy day. woke up and went down to the park did alternated chinup pushup and pullups for a warm up then practiced one arm chin negatives. later in the day i went for a4 hour hike in the reservation near my mothers house. when i returned to my mothers house i went out back to work out. 5x 80# 90# 100# bench press, 6 x100# deadlift 5x 100# power rack with 5x5 shrugs, 5x 50# 60# standing overhead press
              my photo stream
              The Enlightened Warrior

Comment

went to the exercise park today. worked on weighted chins pulls and ring dips. then worked on australian pullups and peck flys with my rings. came back home and tried handstand presses and can actually get 2 were as before i couldnt get one.
                my photo stream
                The Enlightened Warrior

Comment

You're doing quite a lot of work JTT, good on you. Those handstand presses are pretty hard. I have found that doing them with my face facing the wall when inverted (walking up the wall with my feet and walking my hands in rather than kicking up against the wall) has helped keep my spine straight. I was having some lower back pain from curving too much the other way...
                  I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
                    You're doing quite a lot of work JTT, good on you. Those handstand presses are pretty hard. I have found that doing them with my face facing the wall when inverted (walking up the wall with my feet and walking my hands in rather than kicking up against the wall) has helped keep my spine straight. I was having some lower back pain from curving too much the other way...
                    Ill have to give that a try, ive been having alittle lower back pain right after a handstand session, ive also been trying to do them freestanding.

As for today i didnt really workout unless you count the 100 + times i got my chin over the bar. early in the day i did two pyramids to 5 of chins and pulls and then the same thing later in the day but a few more on the pulls since i lost track. i should probably try pyramids for other movements..
                    my photo stream
                    The Enlightened Warrior

Comment

today i didnt plan on working out i planned on resting since i did a overhead press pyramid with 60# even though my arms were killing me yesterday and 100+ chins/pulls the day before, and weighted chins the day before that with handstand work some presses. thought to myself this morning as i woke up soar as hell "my body could use a rest" but halfway through my day i felt like i had to go out and do something. i was going to sprint but it had just rain/snowed out and in this recent week none of my shoes feel comfortable besides, for my mocassins.

so anyways i took alittle trip to the park and started with a set of 10 bulgarain squats each leg then did some jumping onto and off the bed then felt really ambitious as the blood was flowing to try some jumps on this bleacher like set up they have at the park.

the park is set up in two sections, the top half is for small children all low equipment baby swings, the bottom half is for the bigger kids full sized besides for lack of actually fun stuff its mostly just bridges, and then the pullup bar i use. in between the two sections one being 10 feet higher than the other is a handycap ramp for access and then wooden steps i guess you would call them for giants. the first step is about 1 1/2-2 feet high 2 feet wide then the other 4 steps are 1 foot high 2 feet wide.

i proceeded to jump on those for awhile jump up all of them, jump down backwards, skip steps, i was jump crazy. i rested my legs a few moments doing sets of dips on the small section of monkey bars. once i had tired myself from jumping i decided why not practice my roll out in the mulch. did about 30-40 each side getting strange looks from people walking by, a few stopped to stare. finished up with another set of 10 bulgarian squats then walked home.

so for tomorrow i think im going to keep it simple and go for a long walk. if its decently warm barefoot. just to see the looks of disgust i get on the streets of boston...
                      my photo stream
                      The Enlightened Warrior

Comment

Nice! I love those days when I am just motivated to move. It's been a nice change from my chronic cardio days when I would just dread getting out of bed.
                        Type 1 Diabetic. Controlling blood sugar through primal life.

2012 Goals:
                        Maintain A1c of 6.0 or lower
                        More dietary fat, less carbs, moderate protein
                        LHT and sprint as per PB fitness
                        Play more!

Comment

i made it through yesterday without doing more than a walk. was easier than normal considering my quads feel like there full of needles.

today i was at my mothers house and workout was this:
                          1 pyramid to 5 and back of weighted pullups ( 15 lbs, 2 plates off a old cable machine i found and ankle weights)
                          1 pyramid of bench press 100 lbs
                          1 pyramid of weighted chins
                          started a pyramid of over head press 60 lbs but only made it to the 5 but not back down

i wasnt really feeling this workout hopefully tomorrow has new life.
                          my photo stream
                          The Enlightened Warrior

Comment

today.
                            today it was a wopping 61 degrees outside so i made a barefoot pilgrimage to the exercise park.
                            once i made it there i did a pyramid of weighted pulls with 6-7 lbs then did a pyramid of unweighted chins. next came two sets of 10 dips, 15 australian pullups overhand 12 underhand. 10 leg raises on the dip bars then 2 sets of 15 sec l sit. 15 incline pushups and a few chinups for fun and made my trek home
                            my photo stream
                            The Enlightened Warrior

Comment

today i went for ahike in my local woods. 3.5 miles. but it was a sad hike...
                              i went to an area that has no trails besides for deer trails were i usually find it undisturbed by humans (beer cans, trash, broken glass, fire pits.)
                              instead i found that someone has been busy in this area, hundreds of limbs have been cut from the trees, for no reason i see evident as they were in piles. not just in one spot either, but for a good distance. then i came across an area... an area spewn with fertilizer bags, detergent bottles, water jugs, trash bags, and various other things.
                              ive seen this type of thing before in different woods, when i was a camp counselor. the area was used to cook meth.... i became very uncomfortable knowing drug aticks used the area and i was far from even trails let alone civilization. i made my way out of there fast and called the ranger as soon as i was out, but got no answer. i left a message and contemplated calling the police but the area was too deep and too rough for police to go to. hopefully the ranger will call me back soon and take the necissary actions.
                              my photo stream
                              The Enlightened Warrior

Comment

Working...
                              X