Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Denise's "better late than never" PB journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Led here by your enormously helpful posts in the forum at large. It is hard not to focus on weight as an end point, especially for women, I think; it's a message that gets drilled in to us early and often. (I was a tomboy as a kid, and still internalized those messages somehow.) Having fewer cellulite dimples is great progress, no matter what the scale might say—congratulations!
    “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t — you’re right.” ~ Henry Ford

    My primal journal

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by geostump View Post
      Great journal! I am not a journaler per se and I hate writing but I am making a go of it. I'm just not as organized as you are!

      I do love your posts everywhere and you do give good insights! Keep them coming and feel free to stop by and say "hi".
      oh, thank you! I love (and am mildly surprised) that people even bother to read it!! I LOVE writing - as you may notice from my ability to witter on ad nauseum - so journaling is a pleasure for me. I currently have a PB journal here, a food diary (real - carry it everywhere) and a diary that i began for whole30 to track my feelings (before I thought of a PB journal) - bit anal i know but writing has been therapy for me in the past and so I continue to do it.

      Big "hi"!!!!!

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by inquisitiveone View Post
        Led here by your enormously helpful posts in the forum at large. It is hard not to focus on weight as an end point, especially for women, I think; it's a message that gets drilled in to us early and often. (I was a tomboy as a kid, and still internalized those messages somehow.) Having fewer cellulite dimples is great progress, no matter what the scale might say—congratulations!
        thank you - I am aiming for dimple free; smooth as a babys bum (ok one cute dimple allowed then)

        glad the posts feel helpful - that is always always the intention!! (Though I do sometimes get - well - "misunderstood" and I have been painted as some kind of smug, "doesn't understand fat people" (oh that one made me smile), PB Nazi!

        I wouldn't mind, but I've never been able to get jack boots that would fit around my calves!
        Last edited by denise; 02-24-2011, 12:54 AM. Reason: spelling

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Jenny View Post
          As my Russian coworker told me, "Woman built for pull plow!"
          this made my husband laugh out loud!

          Comment


          • #20
            I love being strong. I'm not talking about the aesthetics of it... just knowing I will be buff and badass again makes me inordinately happy. Humans should be performance animals. And I will be in great shape to heft my kids around, play, do all sorts of fun stuff. Oh, and deliver beatdowns to bad guys as needed. Yep.

            Hopefully I'll never really have to pull a plow though -- sounds difficult and boring!
            "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Jenny View Post
              I love being strong. I'm not talking about the aesthetics of it... just knowing I will be buff and badass again makes me inordinately happy. Humans should be performance animals. And I will be in great shape to heft my kids around, play, do all sorts of fun stuff. Oh, and deliver beatdowns to bad guys as needed. Yep.

              Hopefully I'll never really have to pull a plow though -- sounds difficult and boring!
              I LOVE the "how the hell do you lift that" comments I get from women - and men. My husband gets "changing room comments" about how strong his wife is!! Like you - I like strong just for itself (not to mention when carrying shopping bags up steep stairs etc). I also hope for the aesthetics of course - and do you know (I will be posting more about this) I do believe I am beginning to get some results!

              I have a definite mental image of myself running across a field with a plough, leaving large horses trailing in my wake

              Comment


              • #22
                I have been irritatingly cheerful today - I couldn't immediately thnink why, but the longer i thought, the longer my list got.
                SO, here is my "reasons to be cheerful" list.

                1. My husband tells me every single day that he loves me, that I am the most beautiful, sexy woman in the world.
                2. I am content. Every day i wake up balanced like this is still a source of joy and amazement to me.
                3 I think I may just be "changing" For the second time this week i have been asked "have you lost weight?". Of course I have no idea, but as toning up is a goal for me long term, this is nice to hear. I also had some lovely compliments about my skin today (I'm on a roll!)
                4. Its a beeeooootiful day - a real taste of spring (we have heavy rain forecast for tomorrow - but thats tomorrow).
                5. I love my food - I look forwards to it, I enjoy it, it makes me feel good.
                6. I'm not in Libya (or anywhere else going thru the utter turmoil there is in parts of the world right now).

                That'll do for now - I risk being nauseating

                Comment


                • #23
                  pass the barf bag plz
                  sigpic

                  HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by batty View Post
                    pass the barf bag plz
                    told you I was irritatingly cheerful!

                    barf bag with grok logo on its way!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Huzzah for being cheerful!
                      “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t — you’re right.” ~ Henry Ford

                      My primal journal

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by inquisitiveone View Post
                        Huzzah for being cheerful!
                        and for those who found it nauseating - s'ok. PMS is on its way - at which point I will turn into someone who rips peoples heads off and drinks the spurting blood!!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by denise View Post
                          and for those who found it nauseating - s'ok. PMS is on its way - at which point I will turn into someone who rips peoples heads off and drinks the spurting blood!!
                          Yikes! :sprints away:

                          (There are some benefits to being post-menopausal. Thank you for reminding me of that!)
                          “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t — you’re right.” ~ Henry Ford

                          My primal journal

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Sleep good, could've done with a bit more but got up to make Primal breakfast and packed lunch for husband.

                            Mood "irritatingly cheerful/positively perky". Making the most of it!

                            1st meal 13.15 5 small pork ribs and 2 small chicken thighs, rubbed with salt & pepper, oven roasted + steamed cabbage and sprouts mixed into fat in roasting pan
                            2nd meal 18.10 roasted lamb shank + steamed cabbage, cauli and broccoli mixed into pan juices (this is currently my favourite way of adding fat to veggies).

                            No need for snacks today

                            Lots of herbal and green tea + water

                            Exercise
                            walking on treadmill 40' varying speed and incline (max 15% incline at 6kmh, max speed 7.5kmh on "way back down" to 3% incline) + 5' gentle jog at 9.5kmh to test my knee. It was fine.
                            spinning 30' no HR monitor as I forgot to put it on - but I worked HARD.
                            Body Pump 60' weights as Monday except put squats up to 12.5k each end. Knee was fine

                            Supplements - all usual + 50mg 5HTP

                            Day 20(34) of whole(44)


                            Think some of my tummy trouble may be not chewing all that fibrous veg enough??

                            Oh, and the supermarket that put sugar in the frozen berries and hadn't listed it on the ingredients?? I got a "goodwill gesture" when I went into the store - I chose a bottle of 18 year old malt whisky. I am now "wife of the year" - and its Primal (in 80.20 terms for sure). Result!!
                            Last edited by denise; 02-24-2011, 12:08 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I've found that really chewing your vegetables is important - I know my stomach doesn't like it when I try to inhale broccoli instead of chewing it. Eating slowly is a great habit to work towards, although I tend to forget.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Enamel View Post
                                I've found that really chewing your vegetables is important - I know my stomach doesn't like it when I try to inhale broccoli instead of chewing it. Eating slowly is a great habit to work towards, although I tend to forget.
                                I really tried tonight, concentrated on chewing it all - but theres a LOT of fibre in all those veggies (and I do love my veggies).

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X