Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My "Get Awesomely Fit and Healthy" Primal Journal- end the binge eating cycle!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Day 10 of 30: February 23rd, 2011

    1/3 of the way!! And feeling good. I ate ALOT of meat today. But thats what being primal is all about right? Sometimes I forget that I am really only eating two main meals and that I can eat more in those meals. Also I am working out! Anyway, here was my day:

    Wake @ 7:45am
    IF Breakfast
    Workout @ 9am
    -6 minute bike warm up
    -circuit 3x
    DB push jerk 5x 30lb ea hand
    Abs- variety
    DB Bench 8x 30lb ea hand
    Ball Leg Curl 8x (out slow in fast)
    -circuit 3x
    1-arm DB Incline 6xea 30lb ea
    1-leg SLDL 6xea 35lb
    Box Jumps 5x
    *forgot to take BCAA's before and actually think I noticed a difference. Felt a little slower and a little hungrier than usual

    Lunch @1:15pm (out to eat with the team)
    -spinach salad with little bit of bacon, 1HB egg, mushrooms, lil tomato, and LOT of chicken
    -then had some of the other coaches leftover italian sub meat (we were at a really good italian place) - salami, ham, capicolla

    1 cup of coffee

    Snack @ 6:30 tailgate
    -some turkey deli meat, 2 HB eggs

    Dinner @ 8:30pm
    -2.5oz chicken w/ salsa
    -good amount of ground lamb meat (I was making it for tomorrow butttt it looked so good!)

    Bed @ 10:45pm

    Thoughts: It was a stressful day and being at a tailgate there were a large amount of cookies - like the half moon cookies (half black half white- deliciousness!) and homemade brownies and red velvet cupcakes. You get the idea. Anyway, I barely even glanced at it, except when the girls were rubbing it in my face since they know how I am eating!! But I didn't even crave it as bad as I have in the past. So I guess if the worst is that I felt like I ate a lot of meat today, there is nothing wrong with that! I feel like I am getting leaner and even if my tummy expands a bit at night when I munch away, its always back down in the AM!

    Glad wednesday is over...closer to the weekend!
    MY "GET AWESOMELY FIT AND HEALTHY" JOURNAL!

    "Become Your Dream" - De La Vega

    "“The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” - Muhammad Ali

    Comment


    • #32
      Keep it up! Doing AWEsome!=)

      Comment


      • #33
        Great work resisting those cookies and cupcakes! Black and White's are my fav. There's a bakery that I used to live by that would use frosting instead of icing. Yumm.
        My friends did that to me in the beginning too. They're both doing SAD Diet and Exercise, after I kicked 15 in the first month they saw how well it was working and actually try and help me out if we go somewhere. Now if only I could get them to swtich!
        Thanks for the BCAA update as well

        Comment


        • #34
          Thanks Crew! I cannot even explain how much easier I feel it is to stick to this lifestyle when I am posting on here. Definitely helps getting positive feedback!

          I have been trying to get my boyfriend to start primal- he did for a few days and then had pizza haha. He is living out in Malibu, I told him he should just go visit Mark for a 1-on-1 sesh! I am moving out to Cali (LA, Santa Monica area) in June so hopefully I can get him on it then. My stepmom is the hardest to convince of it, so I don't try but she has badgered me in the past to eat "normal" and even set me off on one of my dessert binges- ice cream, brownies, chocolate because she kept saying "keep eating it, your body has been missing it!". Funny because before I started primal should would have told me I have a sweet tooth and I need to lay off the sweets!! I just try to stick to it myself and not really bring it up to anyone except those I know will be supportive!
          MY "GET AWESOMELY FIT AND HEALTHY" JOURNAL!

          "Become Your Dream" - De La Vega

          "“The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” - Muhammad Ali

          Comment


          • #35
            Yay for moving to cali! Sounds awesome, your boyfriend will be lucky to have you to get him on the right lifestyle course.
            I'm fantastically stubborn so I've been getting my tennant/ex-fiancee (long story there) to eat healthy and it's been going pretty darn well. Usually if i've heard a few days of complaints I'll cheat and make bacon wrapped chicken for dinner with fresh cauliflower and the grumbles subside hehe.

            Comment


            • #36
              bacon with anything sounds delicious to me!

              Day 11 of 30: Thursday, February 24th, 2011

              Today was good. Ate a lot again. Feel like I have been eating more lately. Sometimes a little too much where I feel a little stuffed. Need to some doing that, but at least its all primal food this time through!

              Wake @ 7:45am
              IF Breakfast
              Workout @ 9:15am
              -10min bike warm up
              -10 100 yd sprints on the treadmill -2% incline, 10mph speed- sprint 100 yds then wait for my HR to get down to 120 and go again. I feel like my recovery HR is much better than its been in the past. I think all the working out, especially the boxing has helped. I felt like I had no time at all for it to get back down to 120 when I had to go again!

              Lunch @ 2:30pm - 4oz ground lamb with 1/2 avocado, 2 pieces of bacon in lettuce canoes

              Dinner @ 6:30 pm: my egg burger- 2 fried eggs, 1 grassfed beef patty, 1/2 avocado, 3 pieces of bacon, 1T salsa thennnn I had a little left over ground lamb

              Boxing @7:30pm- was good, especially since I am only going two times a week now. I probably get more out of it this way and do not kill myself with boxing and lifting in the same day.

              Post workout meal: so usually I don't have one of these but I came home and my roommate who always says he is gonna eat healthy, then eats like shit, then promises to eat healthy again, then drinks a ton of alcohol and eats lots of pizza- finally made a healthy meal that smelled delicious!! So I had to have some, or a lot
              -spaghetti squash with homemade tomato sauce- had onions, tomatoes, garlic, and fresh spicy italian sausage from our local co-op.

              It was soooo good, but I probably didn't need as much as I ate. But, as I said, at least its all primal friendly and I think my body was cravin some carbs! Could have been two full jars of almond butter, jus sayinnn.

              Bed @ 10:45pm

              I think I might try an fast until dinner time tomorrow. Almost a 24 hour fast, not quite since I had that delicious "spaghetti" at 9pm. We will see what tomorrow brings.

              Night!
              MY "GET AWESOMELY FIT AND HEALTHY" JOURNAL!

              "Become Your Dream" - De La Vega

              "“The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” - Muhammad Ali

              Comment


              • #37
                Thank you!

                Hi. Just read your journal and I am so glad someone else has the insane almond butter addiction! Anyway, what caught my eye was the binge eating thing. I made it through the holidays fabulously. What I did lose control of was my visit to London and Paris that I just returned from. The bloating, the weight gain and the guilt... I don't know which was worse! Now that I am getting back to normal and recovering from the jet lag, I started my "back to primal" with a 36 hour fast which lead me to the best nights sleep I have had in almost 3 weeks. I did eat a salad and chicken for a late lunch and some salmon and steamed veggies with walnuts for dinner.

                The downside is that I injured my foot before I left. Do you find that your knee pain responds differently when eating primal? or more anti-inflammatory focused foods? I am so terrified to go to get an xray but feel like I may have to, which will throw off my workouts when I can make it back in to the gym this weekend. (I'm a hairdresser, if you take a vacation, it is crazy busy before and after you get home... so I am standing all day which means a swollen foot!)

                Anyway... Thank you so much for sharing your journey and you are doing a great job!! Totally motivated me tonight! Cheers!
                Originally posted by BecomeYourDream View Post
                bacon with anything sounds delicious to me!

                Day 11 of 30: Thursday, February 24th, 2011

                Today was good. Ate a lot again. Feel like I have been eating more lately. Sometimes a little too much where I feel a little stuffed. Need to some doing that, but at least its all primal food this time through!

                Wake @ 7:45am
                IF Breakfast
                Workout @ 9:15am
                -10min bike warm up
                -10 100 yd sprints on the treadmill -2% incline, 10mph speed- sprint 100 yds then wait for my HR to get down to 120 and go again. I feel like my recovery HR is much better than its been in the past. I think all the working out, especially the boxing has helped. I felt like I had no time at all for it to get back down to 120 when I had to go again!

                Lunch @ 2:30pm - 4oz ground lamb with 1/2 avocado, 2 pieces of bacon in lettuce canoes

                Dinner @ 6:30 pm: my egg burger- 2 fried eggs, 1 grassfed beef patty, 1/2 avocado, 3 pieces of bacon, 1T salsa thennnn I had a little left over ground lamb

                Boxing @7:30pm- was good, especially since I am only going two times a week now. I probably get more out of it this way and do not kill myself with boxing and lifting in the same day.

                Post workout meal: so usually I don't have one of these but I came home and my roommate who always says he is gonna eat healthy, then eats like shit, then promises to eat healthy again, then drinks a ton of alcohol and eats lots of pizza- finally made a healthy meal that smelled delicious!! So I had to have some, or a lot
                -spaghetti squash with homemade tomato sauce- had onions, tomatoes, garlic, and fresh spicy italian sausage from our local co-op.

                It was soooo good, but I probably didn't need as much as I ate. But, as I said, at least its all primal friendly and I think my body was cravin some carbs! Could have been two full jars of almond butter, jus sayinnn.

                Bed @ 10:45pm

                I think I might try an fast until dinner time tomorrow. Almost a 24 hour fast, not quite since I had that delicious "spaghetti" at 9pm. We will see what tomorrow brings.

                Night!

                Comment


                • #38
                  Hello! Moving to California sounds FANTASTIC; you must be so excited! All that glorious sunshine... Also, I hear you on the almond butter, it's soo delicious but so hard to stop. For me it's harder than peanut butter. It makes me think of the ad 'once you pop, the fun don't stop,' but instead of chips, it's almond butter, and by 'fun' I mean 'eating almond butter with a spoon until my stomach hurts'. It's great that you had a delicious, nutritious Primal meal and were satisfied by that!
                  Life consists with wildness. The most alive is the wildest. (Thoreau)

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by JLB View Post
                    Hi. Just read your journal and I am so glad someone else has the insane almond butter addiction! Anyway, what caught my eye was the binge eating thing. I made it through the holidays fabulously. What I did lose control of was my visit to London and Paris that I just returned from. The bloating, the weight gain and the guilt... I don't know which was worse! Now that I am getting back to normal and recovering from the jet lag, I started my "back to primal" with a 36 hour fast which lead me to the best nights sleep I have had in almost 3 weeks. I did eat a salad and chicken for a late lunch and some salmon and steamed veggies with walnuts for dinner.

                    The downside is that I injured my foot before I left. Do you find that your knee pain responds differently when eating primal? or more anti-inflammatory focused foods? I am so terrified to go to get an xray but feel like I may have to, which will throw off my workouts when I can make it back in to the gym this weekend. (I'm a hairdresser, if you take a vacation, it is crazy busy before and after you get home... so I am standing all day which means a swollen foot!)

                    Anyway... Thank you so much for sharing your journey and you are doing a great job!! Totally motivated me tonight! Cheers!
                    WHat up JLB?! Thanks for the post and for feeling my pain on the subject of Almond Butter! I know I can't give it up forever, its too delicious and its my special treat to myself (think a square of dark chocolate, a little coconut oil, and almond butttterrr) but I figure if I can give it up for a month, then I should be able to control myself! We will seee .

                    Also, I am VERY impressed with your 36 hour fast. I have never done that. I have done 24, and lately I have been doing about 16-18 every day, which I love. One of these days I will go for it!

                    On the injury topic: ohhh where to begin. I have been lifting regularly, and wearing my vibrams regularly (which I think will really help in the long run). I have been lifting and doing rehab type exercises which I think have also been helping BUT I hear that eating primally really can help. I haven't noticed TOO much yet, but I also know that when I did primal eating before and went back to eating crappy, my knees hurt more. I also have been told that it takes 1MONTH to really be able to notice the biggest changes. Because I also lack in energy sometimes and I am hoping after a strict clean month, I will have new vitality!!! I will let you know more after I reach that point!

                    Glad I could help motivate you! Thats what we are here for, to motivate eachother! Have you started a journal? It has REALLY helped keep me truckin along.

                    Cheers!!!
                    MY "GET AWESOMELY FIT AND HEALTHY" JOURNAL!

                    "Become Your Dream" - De La Vega

                    "“The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” - Muhammad Ali

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by sibylsybil View Post
                      Hello! Moving to California sounds FANTASTIC; you must be so excited! All that glorious sunshine... Also, I hear you on the almond butter, it's soo delicious but so hard to stop. For me it's harder than peanut butter. It makes me think of the ad 'once you pop, the fun don't stop,' but instead of chips, it's almond butter, and by 'fun' I mean 'eating almond butter with a spoon until my stomach hurts'. It's great that you had a delicious, nutritious Primal meal and were satisfied by that!
                      I don't want to start any cravings buttttt http://justinsnutbutter.elsstore.com...84601&cid=6011
                      -I want to try this so bad after my 30 days! I love Justin's products and I heard this kind is delicious. Haha, just had to spread the love. I will let you know if I can prevent myself from eating the whole jar in one sitting after my 30 days!
                      MY "GET AWESOMELY FIT AND HEALTHY" JOURNAL!

                      "Become Your Dream" - De La Vega

                      "“The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” - Muhammad Ali

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Welllll, I have a little catching up to do. Pass out on my bed yesterday while trying to read and didn't get a chance to post for yesterday. I am so lame these days on the weekend. 1. being on a 30 day healthy eating plan that doesn't include alcohol can make it hard to have "conventional" fun on the weekend, at least the kind my roommates enjoy! 2. I am in season (as a lacrosse coach) and I barely have any days off! Lots of practice!

                        So here are the last two days:

                        Day 12: February 25th, 2011

                        Wake @ 7am
                        IF Breakfast
                        Workout @ 8am
                        -7 min bike warm up
                        -circuit 3x
                        Squat and Press 5x 30lb ea
                        Abs- Variety (30 crunches, 20 toe touches, 15 side ups (ea side), 20 sit ups, 10 leg lifts on roman chair, 25 crossovers) did 3x
                        Back extensions 10x
                        Lunges 6xea 30lb ea
                        Inverted Row 8x
                        -circuit 3x
                        step-ups 8xea 20lbea
                        seated row 6x level 8
                        front raise 8x 10lbea

                        Lunch @ 12:30pm
                        -1 can of tuna
                        -2 HB eggs
                        -1 pink lady apple
                        -all combined in romaine lettuce boats! (sounds like a weird combo but I LOVE it)

                        Dinner @ 7:30pm
                        -had some more of my roommates left over homemade tomato sauce with onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic, and 2 slices of spicy italian sausage
                        -5oz ribeye with brussel sprouts baked in EVOO, garlic and pepper
                        -@9pm I had some chicken and more tomato sauce and some salsa

                        Bed @ 11pm

                        Thoughts: I have been eating a lot lately later at night. I don't know why. Probably because I have not been having breakfast, and I still feel good just a little full sometimes. And I still feel like I am getting leaner and stronger. Still waiting to see some major results at the end of the month in terms of how I feel. We will see!

                        Day 13: Saturday, February 26th, 2011

                        Wake@ 8:25am
                        IF Breakfast
                        IF Lunch (had 1/2 cup of green tea)
                        1 hour walk - to and from the local organic market (MOM's organic market) - tempted to pick up some almond butter but knew it would just be a sick trick to myself to have it in the house when I wasn't going to be able to eat it!!

                        Dinner @ 6:15pm
                        -2 chicken wings, 2 chicken thighs with the skin (best part!) from natural rotisserie chicken!
                        -3 strawberries
                        -good amount of shredded unsweetened coconut (my dessert these days!)

                        Thoughts: Today felt good! I IF'd til dinner and it felt good! I had some good energy and even went for a long walk to the grocery store. I weighed myself today. I really wanted to wait until tomorrow but ya know, it happened. Well, its not really about the weight, and I am really just happy with my body composition and how I feel BUT I weigh 128! I was at 141 right after my binge and I know it was right after eating a TON of carbs and it was mostly water weight that I lost, but it still feels good to be back in the 120's!!

                        Happy Weekend everyone!
                        MY "GET AWESOMELY FIT AND HEALTHY" JOURNAL!

                        "Become Your Dream" - De La Vega

                        "“The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” - Muhammad Ali

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Good for you!

                          I have had a similar battle with those nut butters myself! and the dark chocolate - "healthy"

                          I am working on the 30 days too, on day 3.
                          Have you noticed that things are easier as you push on?
                          Last edited by jeng1921; 02-26-2011, 07:59 PM.
                          You get the opportunity to choose something positive for your self ~ so GO DO IT!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by jeng1921 View Post
                            Good for you!

                            I have had a similar battle with those nut butters myself! and the dark chocolate - "healthy"

                            I am working on the 30 days too, on day 3.
                            Have you noticed that things are easier as you push on?
                            Jeng- things have TOTALLY gotten easier. You get into a groove, thats for sure. I cannot say that I am no longer tempted when I smell fresh bread or walk by the nut buttas or chocolate, but it is definitely not as hard as it was in the beginning. I do not completely crave it the way I used to. Plus, after I got to day 10 I thought, "dang, it would be hard to have to start thing whole thing over, so i'm not gonna!" and with that mentality it has been easier to stick to it. Seeing the results so quickly in the way you feel and look also makes you want to keep going! I just always try to remind myself how it feels when I go off this type of eating, and its usually not worth it. Thats why when I am finished with this whole 30 day thing I am going to stay primal and just treat myself "within" the primal arena of foods - high quality dark chocolate, nut butters, some almond/coconut meal pancakes, that sort of a thing! Way to hit day 3! I swear, the first days are the hardest and anytime you get a craving, distract yourself and it will go away! GOOD LUCK! Are you keeping a journal?
                            MY "GET AWESOMELY FIT AND HEALTHY" JOURNAL!

                            "Become Your Dream" - De La Vega

                            "“The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” - Muhammad Ali

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              I'm just getting back on track too, so it's good to have company! Congrats on getting through halfway through your 30-day challenge!

                              Stats as of 3/1/12:
                              5'10" female, 38 y/o
                              Currently 140 lbs., approx 25% body fat
                              WEIGHT GOAL: lose a bit more body fat and tighten up the rear end...basically, I want to look great naked. Everywhere else is looking great, but my ass/hips/thighs are being a bit stubborn. TMI?
                              DAILY MACRO TARGETS: Cal: 1,857. Protein: 100g (400cal). Carb: 75g (300cal). Fat: 128g (1156cal).
                              EXERCISE GOAL: incorporate 2-3 strength training sessions and 1 sprint session per week.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Your tuna/egg/apple boats sound delicious! Sounds like you've got some great momentum going!
                                Life consists with wildness. The most alive is the wildest. (Thoreau)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X