Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My "Get Awesomely Fit and Healthy" Primal Journal- end the binge eating cycle!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BecomeYourDream View Post
    Dinner @ 7pm - MY NEW PRIMAL CREATION!! (I tried to post a picture but I am computer challenged some times and couldn't figure it out) It consists of:
    -2 overcooked (Fried) eggs- this acts as my "bread"
    -1 grass-fed beef patty
    - 1/2 mashed avocado
    -3 pieces of applegate organic sunday bacon
    -1 or 2 T of salsa
    - You make a burger using the two eggs and it is sooooo good. It is my new favorite meal and includes some of the best things ever- EGGS, BEEF, AVOCADO, BACONNN, and salsa is the best primal condiment out there
    -Some how I made it through boxing half an hour later after that meal
    Love it, will be making this one soon. If you want to try another variation on "bread", check out Oopsie Rolls:
    http://www.google.com/images?rls=ig&...ult_group&sa=X

TGIF, have a great weekend
    --
    http://runningwithdummies.tumblr.com/

Comment

Those look AWESOME. I'm totally down with the Oopsie Rolls. I will try those out this weekend! TGIF! It is 70 and sunny in Maryland. Couldn't ask for a better Friday!
      MY "GET AWESOMELY FIT AND HEALTHY" JOURNAL!

"Become Your Dream" - De La Vega

"“The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” - Muhammad Ali

Comment

Day 5 of 30: Friday, February 18th, 2011

Today was SO beautiful out. It was pushin' 70 and the sun was shining! It felt good to get some natural Vitamin D. Was able to spend 2 hours outside with lax practice. Lets hope we have seen the last of winter...

Wake @ 8am (8.5 hours of sleep)

IF Breakfast- had some hot green tea

Workout @ 10am (had 3g BCAAs pre and post workout)
        -sidenote: REALLY did not want to workout today, felt loafy and tired, but I knew I would feel better if I did it. Sure enough, after warming up, I was good to go and felt better than ever after my workout! Gives me new energy and even makes me less hungry.

Warm Up- 6 minutes on stationary bike

Circuit - 3x
        Squat Press 5x 25lb ea hand
        Abs- variety
        Lunges 6x 25lb ea hand
        Inverted Row 8x

3x
        Step Ups 8x ea leg, 20lb ea hand
        Seated Rows 6x level 7
        Forward Raise 8x 10lbs ea hand

Sprints
        4x Flying 40's - pick up speed over 10yds, sprint for 40 yds, decelerate
        4x In and Outs - pick up speed over 10 yds, sprint ~5yds, float ~yds, sprint ~5yds, float ~5yds for about 60-70yds
        *haven't sprinted in a while due to the weather. It felt good, a different kind of tired. I did it in my vibrams. I love them and want to wear them as often as possible but sometimes my shins start to hurt in them, and my knee. I am hoping my body will adjust to them.

Lunch @ 12:15pm
        -5oz can of salmon
        -2 HB eggs
        -1 Granny Smith Apple (my kind of dessert! atleast until the 30 days are over and I may indulge in some 90% dark chocolate!)

Snack @ 5pm
        -1 HB egg

Dinner @ 7:15pm
        -Bought a Rotisserie Chicken- ate the thighs and wings! SO good. Even ate the skin! (It was an all natural chicken from our local Co-op
        -@8:30 was still hungry- had an applegate organic sweet italian chicken sausage

Bed @ 11:30pm

Thoughts: Felt a little bloated after dinner. Not sure if it was the applegate sausage (lots of sodium) or just the large amount I ate. Aside from that, it was a good day. Knee is pretty sore and I am going to take this whole weekend off except maybe some blading. Thats right, I like to rollerblade. May be the only person who still does that but my friends and I used to do it all the time in college (a quick way to get to lax practice when you are in a rush!) and I haven't done it since I tore my ACL! Hopin' for a nice warm day!

Catch ya laterr

"“The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” - Muhammad Ali

Comment

Day 6 of 30 Saturday, February 19th, 2011

Today was a rest day. That's for sure. So sore from lifts, sprints, boxing. I am taking the weekend off except for maybe some blading tomorrow, depending on the weather.

Had a super busy day today. We had practice early, followed by scouting at Johns Hopkins, followed by a giant team fundraiser dinner/silent auction that I organized with 115 people! So here is my day:

Wake @ 8am

IF Breakfast, hot green tea

Lunch @ 11:30 on the way to Baltimore
          -3 HB eggs
          -3/4 avocado
          - 4 pieces of Applegate Organic Sunday Bacon

Dinner @ 7pm
          -was at our team dinner and they didn't really have anything "primal" or if they did, it had some sauce all over it like the chicken. So I turned down the wild rice, crispy pecan sauce covered chicken, dinner rolls, ravioli, and unnatural looking cheese cake for 9 pieces of the mini bacon wrapped scallops and various veggies from the veggie platter (Broccoli, cherry tomatoes, celery, peppers) and some asparagus.

Soooo we are at the silent auction and I am trying to get the bids to go higher so I start bidding on some things. Well I ended up winning a $65 haircut at an Aveda salon for $35 and here is the kicker- a gift basket filled with italian chocolates and cookies. Great. Yes, I know, I love cookies and chocolate but not on day 5 of my 30 day primal challenge!! I know I know, I probably shouldn't have put the bid down, but I didn't think Id win! I didn't even check back on it.

Fast forward to my arrival home @ 10pm
          - my roommates are having a giant party for two of their friends engagement. There is lots of alcohol, LOTs of brownies, 3 large pizzas, and a giant cookie cake. Its my worst nightmare and greatest dream all mixed into one. Of course they all encourage me to eat this stuff, little do they know that I ALWAYS collapse on the weekends and give into my inner desires for crappy artificial food. So they nudge and nudge and I STAND STRONG! I even put my newly acquired italian cookies out on the table for everyone to eat! (I'll save the chocolate for day 31 )

So I am now upstairs, avoiding the food, planning on going to bed...even though I keep thinking about that delicious looking pizza.

I am DETERMINED to make it through this weekend. I have this feeling that if I can make it through a weekend for once, I will see that it is possible and everything will be a lot easier!

Wish me luck on Sunday!!!

Happy Weekend.

Comment

Day 2 of 30 Tuesday, February 15th, 2011
            Question: Is there anything wrong with eating a lot of eggs? Because I LOVE them and could probably eat an omelet at every meal for the rest of my life
            I wouldn't imagine so. I have 4 whole eggs atleast 5 days a week usually with venison bologna chopped in. I only started this whole sort of thing on Jan 3rd and I've gotten rid of 30lbs. I've heard that you need to be careful with egg whites because you can actually develop allergies to them over time.
            I don't know about you but I have a cheat meal atleast once a week and what I do the next day is 4 eggs for breakfast, a supersized salad for lunch then i try and IF through dinner but if I get really hungry I'll make up a whey & Vegetable Greens shake and that will easily hold me till the next morning.
            And if you happen to have a Trader Joe's around by you their 73% dark chocolate is fantastic and a great choice when you just neeeed some sort of real chocolate.
            Do you drink or use lots of fake sweeteners?
            I used to drink tons of diet soda and use lots of splenda instead of sugar. I would always complain that I never felt full, I'd literally eat until I couldn't choke down any more and NEVER feel full. After I cut out all artificial sweeteners I started actually feeling full and I also was able to tolerate being hungry. I wasn't able to do that and would NEED to eat something which would end in me literally eating through a bag of doritos or some other chip. Also whenever I get the urge to snack now I just make my fav quick veggie (currently peas) and douse it in butter, pepper and salt and chow down with no guilt.

Comment

@likwidoxigen - wow 30lbs since Jan 3!! Congrats! I do have a trader Joe's somewhat near me and I will definitely check out their chocolate. I do love my chocolate. As for fake sweeteners, I actually do not use a ton. I dropped soda a while back and have never really missed it. I do love candy and sweets but I never ate them too often and now not at all. As for the full feeling, I know what you mean! If I binge, I feel like I can eat that crap and will still be hungry. Now that I have started eating primal regularly I totally notice that I fill up more easily and stay full longer.

As for the cheat meal, I think after these thirty days, I will throw myself a cheat meal once a week too. I only get nervous that it will turn into more than a cheat meal, haha. Do you have trouble with hunger or anything after your cheat meals? Is it easy to go right back to primal? and how "cheat-y" are these cheat meals?? I do feel like I can always recover with eggs! Delicious and absolutely primal.

Thanks for your input!!

Comment

Thanks I was pretty surprise to lose that much that quick, but the unexpected and awesome side effect is that my parents are taking it seriously and starting to make some lower carb life choices which really makes me happy. I got my Mom to really look at her diet and she realized that she's been literally living off fruit and the occasional grain. In just a week of adding meat she's gone from passing out at 7:30 to comfortably going to bed at 9:00 and still waking up at 4:30 no problem.

Yeah the Trader Joe's chocolate bars (the organic ones I haven't tried the belgium ones yet) are super yummy it's amazing the quality of what they have for the price. I'm a huge bargain shopper (it's like a hobby lol).

That's awesome that you were able to give up the soda and sweeteners! I had such a problem with wanting to go back to them I literally had to empty my whole house of the things. The only things I keep around are come cans of soda for when guests come who don't like the selection of water or nothing.

After my cheat meals the biggest 2 problems I have are headaches and I'll get super hungry between lunch and dinner the next day. The only way I've found not to go back to bingeing is to fill myself to bursting on veggies, usually the peas or on the bad days I'll add cauliflower less than an hour later. It's the only thing that really works for me. I tried snacking on soy crisps once.... that was a huge disaster. Ended up demolishing 5 of those "personal" sized bags right quick... So now I keep tons of frozen veggies around.
                I usually find it pretty easy to go back to eating primal because I never eat my cheat meals where or when I would eat my regular meals. I've always had a problem with getting "addicted" to certain schedules.
                Like i would come home from work and crack open a beer, then that would be it for the night (unless my buddy mike would come over). Or back when I smoked (yuck, gross right?) I would have one at night sitting on my back steps just looking outside and relaxing, but I wouldn't have them during the day or if I was at someone elses house at night. I would just get stuck in habits. So now if I eat a cheat meal it's in a specific seat on my couch/table or standing at the sink all primal meals are done from another location. When I go visit my parents at their house I don't sit at what for years was "my" seat, I sit at my brother's. I know it's pretty weird but it works for me. As soon as I put myself into a slightly different situation or placement I just start a good habit in that place.
                I love love love eggs as well, scrambled is my favorite or if i'm making a steak "sandwich" I'll use "poached to death" (so the yolk gets hard) eggs.

Sounds to me like you're right on track Keep it up!

Comment

@likwidoxigen - hey whatever works for you! I think its great that you have found a system that allows you to have a cheat meal and not go overboard. I am still working on that by just avoiding the whole situation and sticking strictly primal for now! After my 30 days I will edge back in. I totally get bad headaches, etc after cheat meals. You would think all the bad side effects I get from eating bad food would be enough to make me not want to do it haha. Apparently not!

Day 7 of 30 Sunday, February 20th, 2011

Well...I did not have the best night of sleep. My roommates were having a big party and then went out to the bars (I had a long day and tend to not like to drink a ton anyway, especially on my 30 days!). I knew it would be loud when they came back but I didn't know HOW loud! I woke up the my roommates rendition of "shout" - you know the one that goes "shout" a little bit louder now, "shout" a little big louder now...and eventually I felt as if my whole apartment was shaking! I had to laugh though, it is pretty entertaining to watch a group of drunk people from a sober point of view. Very funny. But seeing as that was 3:30am, I woke up pretty tired and couldn't go back to sleep.

Wake @ 9:30am
                  IF Breakfast
                  IF Lunch

Ended up making Mark's amazing chili - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/best-chili-recipe/

4:30pm - made another one of my egg burgers with 1/2 avocado, 2 eggs, 3 pieces of bacon, 1 grass fed patty and salsa.
                  *@ Eisenreich- I want to make the Oopsie Rolls but it looks like most need cream cheese and I am not having dairy til after the 30 days, if I decide to! So I will hold until after that!

5:30pm - still hungry - had a big bowl of my chili and followed it up with a good amount of shredded coconut and 6 strawberries.

I definitely felt full after all of that. Probably was full before all of it. It could have turned into a binge but somehow it didn't! I ate only primal things and I didn't eat until the point I felt sick, just a little over saturated haha.

Thoughts: GREAT SUCCESS- I have to give myself a pat on the back for making it through the weekend, especially when there were temptations left and right! I feel really great about it and I cannot wait to start this week as well. Back to working out!

Planning on hittin' the sack around 9:30pm tonight.. try to recover from the late night performance my roommates put on last night!

Keep It Primal!

Comment

Great job making it through the weekend!!

When you fast through breakfast and/or lunch do you do a pure fast or do you have some nuts or seeds to keep you going?

Comment

@likwidoxigen: Thanks! Also,I do a pure fast. Sometimes have some tea (straight, no cream or anything) but I do not eat anything. It is so nice to not have to make breakfast in the morning and I may sometimes get a little hungry around 10:30am but its not bad and it goes away.Working out in a fasted state is also great. I never thought I would be able to do it but it gives me good energy and I take some BCAAs right before and right after so I can recover and also not lose my progress. Right now I am not eating nuts (for the 30 days- no nuts, no alcohol, no dairy, and then obviously no grains, legumes the usual). I LOVE nuts, but I want to see if I can go a month with out them because they can be a binge trigger for me and I always over do them. They are soooo delicious though! What are you fav nuts? - I keep hearing great things about macadamia nuts, I am a sucker for almond butter...

Comment

That sounds good. Sorry I keep forgetting you're ditching the nuts for the time being. Usually when I fast I'll have almonds/pumpkin seeds or macadamia nuts then spend 6 hours off eating skipping the next meal. How do you find the BCAA's? A really noticeable difference from not taking them? My fav nuts have to be Macadamia's. When I was a kid my mom would only let us have a couple at a time whenever they were around because "they're so high in fat and un-healthy". So now if I have a nut it's typically those. They're just hard to find not all sorts of doctored up. The Trader Joe's by me has been out for almost a month now and I picked the walmart clean of the only decent (not chocolate covered and no additive) ones.

Comment

@likwidoxigen: To be honest, I don't think I have really noticed much of a difference from BCAAs. I haven't been using them too long though. I am also really bad at noticing differences in things like that tho! We will see. I am definitely going to have some Macadamia's when I return to relaxed primal. I have a Trader Joe's about 45 minutes away. I like to take trips sometimes so I will grab some when I am there!

Day 8 of 30: Monday, February 21st, 2011

Wake @ 8am (9.5 hours of sleep)

IF Breakfast, no tea this morning because I left my travel mug at work!

Workout @ 9am (BCAAs pre and post workout)
                          -5 minute warm up on stationary bike (level 8) followed by 5 :15 second sprints (level 14) each with a :45 second recovery!
                          -plyo warm up

Circuit 3x
                          Jump Squat with Dumb Bells (4x) 5 25lbs ea hand
                          Abs- Variety
                          Bosu Ball Lunges 6x 30lbs ea hand
                          Chin Ups 5x level 6 on assisted machine

Circuit 3x
                          Jump Rope 1 min
                          Dumb Bell Row 8x 30lbs ea
                          Lateral Raises 8x 10lbs ea hand

Lunch @ 1:30pm
                          - a big bowl full of the delicious chili I made
                          -a kiwi (I never really gave kiwis a chance until lately...love em!)
                          -various supplements- fish oil, vitamin d, multivitamin

Dinner @ 7pm
                          -this is where things got a little ugly. And by ugly I just mean plentiful while staying primal! I am questioning whether making the chili was a good idea. I know I have a habit of eating it in large amounts when I make it! Its just one of those things, and I made so much its like a bottomless pit...and so is my stomach when I eat it! So I had a small bowl of chili then I made some delicious scallops with old bay sauteed in garlic and EVOO. I put them over a bed of mashed garlic cauliflower. Well it was all so good but for some reason I felt the need to eat more chili after that!

-well I could have easily kept eating the chili until it was all gone. Or I could have moved on to the chocolate or almonds that are in my cupboard.. but I didn't. I feel super full and my tummy looks a little full too but while I kept thinking about eating more...I resisted. That felt good at least. I do hate this full feeling though!

Thoughts: Note to self: do not eat any chili tomorrow, it will probably end badly and next time make a smaller pot. Overall, things are going very well though. I am looking leaner...minus my full bell tonight!, and I am feeling pretty good.

Aight, off to do some laundry!

Peace!

Comment

I wanted to get some people's opinions on my "fitness" side of PB.

My schedule lately has been:

M: Lift in AM, Boxing class (1hour) PM
                            Tu: Sprints AM, Boxing class (1 hour) PM Sprints generally consist of an interval type - 10 sprints total. Wait til my HR gets down to 120 and go again
                            W: Lift in AM, Boxing class (1 hour) PM
                            Th: Boxing class (1 hour) PM
                            Fr: Lift and Sprint AM
                            Sa: Stay active (hike or something)
                            Su: completely off

I was thinking of taking out two of the boxing days and only boxing on tuesday and thursday because I have felt a bit worn down, tired, sore. Plus I have a bum knee and I get nervous of doing too much on it. Does anyone have any opinions or suggestions?

Thanks!!

Comment

Day 9 of 30: Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011

Today was good. I faced some challenges but overcame them!

Wake @ 7:30am

IF Breakfast

Lunch @ 12pm - 4 oz chicken breast, 2 HB eggs, 1/2 avocado and 3T Salsa

Snack @3pm - was feeling hungry still so I had about 10 kalamata olives.

Dinner @ 6:15pm - 1 can of herring filets (which I have never had but LOVED), 2 HB eggs, anddddd the good news is the chili is gone..the bad news is that its gone because I ate it all! I must have picked out all of the beef pieces yesterday because all I ate today was the veggie chili! Probably good because I literally haven't had a lot of veggies lately.

Boxing @ 7:30pm - lots of jumproping today. Also did some good bag work.

Snack @ 9pm - feeling hungry so I had two HB eggs

Overall, a good day. I still get a bit of a bloated feeling in my tummy and acid reflux from the chili. Maybe its nightshades? Tomatoes? Regardless, its gone now! Felt good in boxing, especially because I didn't lift and box yesterday. I think from now on I will do what I mentioned about and only box two days a week opposite the lift days. See how that goes, especially for my knee!

My challenges of the day were that we went into the campus store and there were all sorts of candy and gum. My coworker/boss/head lax coach bought some delicious looking strawberry gum- you know that new layer kind? Well it made the whole office smell like strawberries. I wanted some so bad, even took a piece out of the pack but decided against it. If I am sticking to everything for a month, I really want to do it. No artificial sweeteners! Just whole real food!

Tomorrow is day 10 already!! Can't believe it! I wanted to weigh myself on the scale but I am not going to. I will wait until half way through and see how I am doing, also in terms of body fat. Hopefully making some progress!!

Comment

I wanted some so bad, even took a piece out of the pack but decided against it. If I am sticking to everything for a month, I really want to do it. No artificial sweeteners! Just whole real food!
                                Fantastic work! That's always the hardest time to turn down the treats.

Comment

Working...
                                X