No announcement yet.

February Whole 30

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys are more than welcome! I need to do this for me. I run appx 50/50 and while some perks are there, I want them all. Esp the fat loss.

T - squats! lunges! 1 arm pullups?!?!?! just teasing.
    Bone_Machine, no problem. join in.

tried to fast till dinner tonight, but came prepared in case it failed. which after this weekend of seriously bad food, i caved about an hr ago.
    So, 2 cups leafy green lettuce, cup ground spicy beef, several strips of bacon. sort of a taco salad!
    2 sets of wall push ups.
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Comment

Originally posted by sf40 View Post
      ..... Breakfast was a chopped tomato cooked in coconut oil until nice and soft and browned. Then I added a large handful of greens (don't know what kind, came in the CSA box) and cooked until wilted. Then beat three eggs with a fork and added to the pan. I also added salt and pepper to taste and cooked till done. Yummy.
      i do this quite a bit as well. it helps me get my veggies in. i don't care for veggies, esp around b-fast time. but if i have baby spinach, some other leafy stuff, i'll scramble it up w/my eggies.

Comment

Kinda snacky and it's coming up lunchtime. I wish this rinkydink little town had more than one supermarket, or a supermarket that carried rotisserie chicken. Barbecue it is (if I can get it without it being slathered in sauce or glaze. Otherwise, I'm heading to the craptastic supermarket to see what I can scrounge up.)
        Barbecue with no glazes or ANYTHING, just meat. They sugared the cole slaw though.
        Last edited by naiadknight; 01-31-2011, 11:19 AM.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

I"m in! Starting tomorrow for sure. I spent January kicking diet coke to the curb, so now that's gone more changes are a lot easier.

I think I'm doing the Whole 30 completely... LOL... though I will reread everything to make sure of course. Really, the only things that will change will be no butter (I'll change back to coconut oil), no cheese, no alcohol, no kombucha and I already changed to coconut milk from cream, so I'm good with that in my tea. That really should be it for me, since I've already ditched the rest of the stuff. Oh, and I'm going no nuts except for my 2 brazil nuts/day for my selenium (I'm hypothyroid). I've been pretty nut free for a while, just on occasions, but figured it's a good thing to cut back on for a month.

I'm having a little cheese today and some frenchonion dip I'd made on the weekend with dinner, but then it's all getting dumped tonight.

I need to do measurements though, for a before!
          sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

I'm in! Oh how I'm going to miss Dairy! But 30 days isn't so bad. Should I weigh and measure tonight before the star so I know how the thirty days effects me?
            "It is not what you are that holds you back, it is what you think you're not."
            Denis Waitley

Comment

Originally posted by huntergirlhayden View Post
              ....Should I weigh and measure tonight before the star so I know how the thirty days effects me?
              i would say yes even though I'm not.

Folks, what are your thoughts? I'm not measuring/weighing. Instead going by how my clothes feel. You?

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
                coconut is not dairy - its from a nut
                green tea is also still ok - unless you meant you have it with milk??
                not getting on a scale is liberating now - but the first few weeks were TORTURE!
                Re: green tea - no, I add a teensy bit of lemon at home, but no milk. I usually have the green tea at work. I was talking with someone about caffeine though, and I thought, why not cut it out? I sleep well but not as AWESOMELY as I did the first couple of months, so some of what I'm tweaking is in hopes of getting back to that super snooze groove.

Anyway, I actually mix the green with mint tea (they have various boxes of Bigelow on the counter at work) because I don't care for green tea on its lonesome, and after the first mug switch to various herbal varieties anyway. So, I figure I might as well cut it out. It's a blessing not to crave so many things anymore, so I'll add caffeine to that list.

I think I will have to lock the scales in the safe!
                "If man made it, don't eat it." ..Jack LaLanne
                "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are.
                If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." ..Richard Feynman

beachrat's new primal journal

Comment

I am not weighing or measuring cuz...well... I just don't care!

J- squats and lunges fo sho! One arm pull-ups/push-ups though- not so much- LOL!

Comment

I weighed and measured.
                    Cause I'm curious.
                    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse
                    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

I'm in!
                      I did my own version of a 21-day Whole30 because I knew I was going on vacation on 1/21. Just got back last night, and while I was at least 50% primal every day, I still need to get back on track. Today is my day to pull it all together, tomorrow will be my official start day.

And for those worried about giving up the dairy, it's not that hard! I didn't think I would be able to do it, but I did, and really didn't miss it (except for butter on my cooked veggies - it's hard to replace that...) Now, I should apply that logic to giving up legumes-I'm telling myself that I really don't think I can give up beans, as I love chili and taco salads made with refried beans. But maybe I really could do it. At least for just 30 days.
                      My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread51572.html

Comment

I'm going to be watching this thread with great interest, but it will probably be another month or two before I go for it.
                        Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

I'm in too!

The painful changes I will make for February. ; )

No artificial sweeteners or cream in my coffee (black...blech, maybe coconut cream.). No cheese.

No weighing or measuring. I'll have to tell the weight watchers secretary that I don't want to know. I still attend the meetings for support.

Everything else is already in line.

I have a wedding on the 26th and I plan to drink.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Originally posted by Twibble View Post
                            I'm going to be watching this thread with great interest, but it will probably be another month or two before I go for it.
                            no better time than now.

AWESOME responses, folks. thank you! I look forward to your support as a) superbowl sunday gets here gulp b) valentines rolls around c) the pub calls & d) just because.

Comment

oh yeah, damn, forgot about super bowl and valentines.

Comment

Originally posted by jrherring View Post
                                no better time than now.

AWESOME responses, folks. thank you! I look forward to your support as a) superbowl sunday gets here gulp b) valentines rolls around c) the pub calls & d) just because.
                                I'm already giving myself outs for the 12th and the 14th. I'll try and stick to it, but it's difficult to turn down things on either of those days (12th is my birthday.)
                                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X