No announcement yet.

Tooth and Claw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you do straight handstand pushups or do you use the wall?
    Great workouts here - and the car looks awesome!
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

Comment

• Ha ha - definitely do them against a wall. Trying to learn how to hand stand walk. it's really hard for me at this point.

20 strict pull ups unbroken this morning new PR. Gotta weigh myself - I'm thinking I must be 205-210# now
      ad astra per aspera

Comment

• 7,020 lbs Ground to Overhead

11:38 @135#

Did clean and push jerks. I'm disappointed in my performance here. It felt like my heart and lungs were the limiting factor, not strength - though maybe that's just how it feels when you are unfit. A goal time for me would have been 7-9 minutes.

I wasn't feeling ragey or fierce at 5:15 AM so maybe if I had done it later in the day or had some sunshine it might have helped but probably not that much. Truth it this is what happens when you forgo conditioning. As it gets warmer and more spring like outside I imagine I will be skewing back towards more conditioning.
        ad astra per aspera

Comment

• Keeping on pace with WODs named after animals...

"Monkey"
          7 push press @135#
          10 overhead squats @135#
          15 GHD situps

10:54

Snatching the 135# for the OHS was unexpectedly hard. I failed 3 or 4 times after the first round. My cardio/conditioning is getting to be a real thorn in my side! TFC might be stronger but also slower. More like giant sloth or cave bear than a ferocious, fast predator. hrmph

in other news here's a meal I made last week
          ad astra per aspera

Comment

• Snatch - 75% x 2; 80% x 2; 85% x 3
            Snatch Pull - 90% x 2; 90% x 3
            Front Squat - 80% x 2; 85% x 1; 90% x 1

Snatching heavy felt scary for some reason. Maybe yesterday spooked me.
            PR'd on my last set of front squat - 260#
            ad astra per aspera

Comment

• Low Bar Back Squat - 5/245 5/265 4/265

was tougher than I was expecting after a weekend of rest. Did 4 reps on my last set because my form was getting ugly

Front Squat - 3/225, 2/225, 2/225

Planned on 3 reps each set had to settle on two for last two sets. Way harder than I was thinking it would... not sure why.

strict pull ups
              ad astra per aspera

Comment

• I sat for a Rhodesian for many years, she was a good dog. Welcome Fast Cat, lucky you. You can go outside and freeze a lot. You're gonna be sooooo skinny!

Comment

• 1000 m run
                  30 hand stand push ups (1 ab mat to cushion my head)
                  1000 m row

15:56

Did 15 HSPUs unbroken which I am pretty proud of, but then it was really hard to get two at a time with 20-30 seconds rest between as I wait for my muscles to recover. I have problems with muscle recruitment in shoulders, sometimes muscles just "disappear" and stop working and only a subset are available. A very slight change in hand position somehow changed that and then I could bang out 5 in a row all of a sudden at the end with relative ease.

Good news is that my HSPUs are getting much better though there is still work to be done.

Got my hunter's safety class done last week so now I can register for tags and source my own organic grass fed meat! Looking forward to it.
                  ad astra per aspera

Comment

• Overhead squat - 5-5-5-5-5

165#,175#,175#,175#,165#

Cleans

175#x3, 185#x2, 195#x2, 105#x1, 115#x1
                    ad astra per aspera

Comment

• 5 Rounds for time of:

250 meter Sandbag Run

26 Overhead Sandbag Lunges (each leg is one rep)

13:19 - barefoot with the heaviest sandbag at my gym. Unfortunately I have no idea what it ways. ~45# ? not so heavy. Barefoot on cold asphalt was the hardest part, the OH lunges were actually fine - my arms are long enough that I just spread them wide overhead and the sand bang hung between them like a hammock. I never dropped the bag so it's too bad there wasn't a heavier one.
                      ad astra per aspera

Comment

• High Bar Back Squat - 5x225, 5x245, 5x245, 5x245
                        Bench Press - 5x205, 5x 215, 4x215
                        Hand stand push ups
                        strict pull ups
                        chin ups
                        ad astra per aspera

Comment

• 21-15-9

Back Squat- 225#
                          Kettle Bell Swings- 70#

13:51

Made me wish I hadn't squatted the day before! Squats went 11-5-5, 4-3-3-3-2, 2-2-2-2-1 did the KB swings unbroken.
                          Big post work out meal
                          ad astra per aspera

Comment

• cool!

Comment

• Tuesday

Snatch - 75% x 3, 80% x 2, 85% x 1, 90% x 1 : 145#, 155#, 165#, 175#(f), 175#(f), 175#(f)

Snatch Pull - 90% 3 x 3 : 175#

Front Squat - 85% 3 x 3 : 230#

I rarely feel good snatching before 6 AM - today was no exception. Throwing myself under the bar just doesn't want to happen.
                              The front squats felt harder than I was anticipating. Third set the last two reps barely got there.

Wednesday

FOR QUALITY

3 Rounds of:

Max Reps Pullups from dead hang

Max Reps Toes 2 Bar from L Hang

Max Time Handstand Hold Against Wall OR Max Distance Handstand Walk

Then, 20 Hollow rocks between each Round.

20 strict pull ups / 7 L-sit toes to bar / 13 hand stand push ups (subbed for hand stand walks)
                              ad astra per aspera

Comment

• "The Air Force WOD"

20 Thrusters
                                20 Sumo Deadlift High Pulls
                                20 Push Jerks
                                20 Overhead Squats
                                20 Front Squats

*Men will use a 95lb barbell. Women will use 65lbs. Each athlete must do four burpees at the beginning of every minute before moving on to the barbell work.

9:58 rx

The burpees absolutely killed me. Blasted through the thrusters and Sumo high pulls - the hardest part was definitely the burpees - one of those workouts that makes you feel like your heart is going to explode afterward.
                                ad astra per aspera

Comment

Working...
                                X