No announcement yet.

Primal Journal: Primal Toad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will update my journey tomorrow, May 6!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

I am engaging in 11 challenges for the month of May. They are:

I want more muscle and a bit less fat please. Thank you!
      Please turn off the television!
      No wine, no beer, no nothing. Just (coconut) water.
      Calm down. Take a breather. Meditate and your life will slow down.
      Visualize the future. The Primal resort, cruise line, restaurant and more!
      I am grateful for LIFE. What’s life? So much. Ok, I’ll write in you DAILY.
      Education is wonderful. College not so much. Read a lot! Using my brain!
      Eat slow and chew food. I want a healthy gut once and for all!
      Smoothies are awesome. Make one daily for the Recipe eBook!
      Less is more. Ah, this is true 80% of the time. I better start livin less then!
      I quit dairy outside of whey and butter. I don’t like them pimples.

**I had a little "fun" with coming up with these. To read the blog post go here: http://www.primaltoad.com/may-a-month-of-11-challenges/

The BONUS challenge that I added on my blog the next day is "Conquer Your Fears."

Read the full blog post here: http://www.primaltoad.com/may-bonus-...er-your-fears/

I conquered my first fear yesterday - cold showers. I have done one for 2 straight days and have found out that they are extremely exhilarating whereas warm showers are dull and boring.

Comment

So far the challenges are going well for the most part. I have watched a minute here and there of TV because it simply surrounds me everywhere. Its not a huge deal to me because I never turn on the TV myself or never suggest to anyone to watch some on TV. I just prefer to do other things.

I have been meditating but not really visualizing so I will for sure get that done today. I read A LOT in the beginning but not so much the past 2 days because I played 2 rounds of golf. No big deal. I will be reading a lot today and over the weekend. I am currently reading "The New Evolution Diet" which I am loving. The other challenges are going quite well! Now its time to conquer another fear or 2

Comment

Ah, I have failed at updating this journal. Well, now that I am adding 3 hours to my day be engaging in polyphasic sleep (thread here - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post460630) I have no excuse to not updating this a few times a week.

I am beginning to experiment on my body and its a lot of fun. I am engaging in a lot of challenges this month and, well... they are going ok.

I am not sure why I did a TV challenge. I have not purposely watched TV in 2 months or so. I was in Chicago this past weekend and my bro and I watched the Heat vs Bulls game. It was very enjoyable. I won't watch it here at home but, well, I watched some TV in Chicago... oh well!

I also had a small glass of champagne along with a glass of Merlot at the wedding. Oops! No worries... I already don't drink so, again, I am not 100% certain as to why I engaged in this challenge.

I have been meditating, writing in my gratitude journal, eating primal, etc. I continue to live more minimally and LOVE it.

More updates to come on Wednesday if I remember! Time aint an issue anymore.

Comment

Glad you updated! I really like the idea of a Gratitude Journal. It would be a good habit to get into.

It's almost expected that when summer comes, people will be a bit sparse on the forum- or at least should be at this one- lol

Nice challenges. Living minimally sounds SO appealing. Gods know I could stand to cut down a bit. Slowly getting there... a bit at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
              Glad you updated! I really like the idea of a Gratitude Journal. It would be a good habit to get into.

It's almost expected that when summer comes, people will be a bit sparse on the forum- or at least should be at this one- lol

Nice challenges. Living minimally sounds SO appealing. Gods know I could stand to cut down a bit. Slowly getting there... a bit at a time.
              I'm living more minimally day by day. Its a lot of fun.

Comment

Note to self... too much chocolate makes me feel like crap and keeps me awake.

I am back writing in my journal. I will be doing a lot of "experiments" over the next several weeks. A lot of recording of everything. I am a very curious person and I believe people learn best from personal experience.

I found out tonight that my body hates chocolate. One block is fine because its such a small amount. I may go a long time without consuming it.

I may do some crazy meals... 3 larabars one meal and a 16 oz steak for another meal. It's fun. It's different and I don't see any harm. I am fit and don't have any fat to lose. I could lose a touch but I am 23 and don't need to focus on it. I'll be focusing on gaining muscle. I weigh about 145 so I am going to try and get to 150 lbs.

I will be experimenting with fitness, sleep, play, using my brain, food of course, how I approach work and more. I think this is where I am going to do most of my quick updates. I won't post daily but I will post weekly.

Ok. That's enough for now!

Comment

I had a fantastic workout yesterday and I feel a little soar today - good thing! I need the rest. It's Father's Day! Can't wait to maybe play a little Scrabble?

I enjoyed way too much cacao on Friday and felt really ill. I was ok the next morning and felt awesome that evening. I went to my sisters bday party and enjoyed a little non primal food along with hamburgers and hot dogs - no bun with just a little mustard.

Today we are having grilled chicken and a bunch of other food. Strawberry Shortcake is for dessert. I'll enjoy the strawberries with a little almond milk and coconut

Comment

I am considering starting a new journal since there are large gaps in this one... I'll let you know this week. I am completely serious about doing a journal now so I think it would be necessary to "start over."

Comment

Nothing wrong with a fresh start, particularly if the focus is different/renewed. Let us know the new link, though.
                      "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

Originally posted by Jenny View Post
                        Nothing wrong with a fresh start, particularly if the focus is different/renewed. Let us know the new link, though.
                        Will do!

Comment

Ok I just started a new journal. There is no way in hell that I won't be updated it frequently! Oh how exciting it is. I am here to inspire. To change lives. Come join me!

Comment

Oh, here is the link! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33239.html

Comment

Working...
                            X