X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAY 27

Wt - didn't check

FOOD

-cheese omlette, pork sausage, pork burger, steaks.

Fitday

2,624kcals

206g fat

5g carbs

182g protein

EXERCISE

-more ripping up floors and general chores.

NOTES

-Yesterday turned into a 6hr non-stop, low intensity workout, pulling up flooring, carrying to the car, unloading car and throwing into tip skips etc. Today was about an hour or so of the same with general sweeping up and moving furniture around for a couple more hours.

-Didn't weigh, as is my custom having had a cheat meal - enjoyed a couple of small doughnuts and a kebab. Not the splurge of last week so didn't feel too ill after it, but definitely not firing on all cylinders this morning either.

-Went overboard or calories today because the pork burgers my butcher makes are awesome and I had 4 instead of the planned 2. Oh well.

Lifting tomorrow, have come up with a 4x a week schedule that should work. Low level cardio already being done because of walking couple miles each day around campus (which is hilly in parts) and up and down train platforms. Will introduce intervals only when I really stall on weight loss.

Got 3 more days on this 30-day challenge, would love to see 185lbs on day 30.

Comment

DAY 28

Wt - didn't check (slept in so had to leg it to work!)

FOOD

cheese omlette, sausage, steak, ground beef

Fitday

2,147kcals

158g fat

3g carbs

175g protein

EXERCISE

Walked about a mile and half with bag.

Front Squats

10x3 @ 85kg

Barbell Curls

10x3 @ 45kg

Skullcrushers

4x6 @ 50kg

Upright rows

4x6 @ 50kg

NOTES

-you'd think omlette every breakfast and beef every evening would be getting old after 3 weeks. It isn't.

-energy was good today - I do find my first couple of sets seem harder than they used to when I ate carbs but then its like my body clicks and it suddenly becomes easy.

-Lifts all good, up squats slowly next week, 87.5kg; barbell can go up to 47.5kg comfortably, skullcrushers are fine where they are for now, upright rows could stand an extra 2.5kg.

-Big test for the rest of the week... my mam and dad are coming to stay til Sunday. I'm a bugger for routine so often things like this derail me!

Comment

DAY 29

Wt - 187.5lbs (-12lbs but up 1.5lbs)

FOOD

cheese omlette, sausage, steak, ground beef

Fitday

2,147kcals

158g fat

3g carbs

175g protein

EXERCISE

walked about a mile

NOTES

-Customary weight spike after cheat meal! If last week is anything to go by, it should right itself by Thursday.

-My mam arrived this evening and is "stunned" by the difference! She keeps bringing it up when we are talking about other stuff so must be a good visual difference (she isn't the sort to blow smoke)! My dad arrived on Thursday so hoping he notices too!

One more day on the challenge. This means I need to come up with another set of goals for the next month as I bitch-slapped this months: my goal was to lose between 5-10lbs and I will have lost >12lbs. Thinking that being sub 180lbs might be the next 30 day goal, as I want to be around 175lbs by Xmas. Will also set some strength goals.

Comment

Congratulations on your success over this past month! I've enjoyed reading. Jealous that you have a good butcher so close!

Comment

Great job! Can't wait to see what the next month holds for you. Thanks for all the support and inspiration!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words DCKMB and LA, very much appreciated!

Below is the catch up for Day 30

DAY 30

Wt - 186 (-13.5lbs)

FOOD

-cheese omlette, sausage, ground beef

Fitday

2,110kcals

171g fat

6g carbs

140g protein

EXERCISE

Bench press

10x3 @ 107.5kg

Flyes

4x6 @ 30kg(x2)

Deadlift

10x3 @ 125kg

Lat Pdown

4x6 @ 85kg

NOTES

-total loss was 13.5lbs and pleased with that.

-Workout was strong, bench was hard work but made it!

Today I ate about the same but workout was...

Front Squats

10x3 @ 87.5kg

Barbell curl

10x3 @ 47.5kg

Upright rows

4x6 @ 52.5kg

NOTES

-squats can go to 90kg, felt hard but all reps were clean.

-curl can go to 50kg which should be a challenge.

-rows can stay where they are, last two sets were shaky.

So, month 1 is over... onto the next 30-day challenge.

I have decided on a weight target of 179lbs within the next 30 days - this will put me in reach of my goal of <175lbs by xmas.

To do this I will make sure the walking continues, weights will be 4x a week - in terms of diet, from Monday I&#39;m going to try a week of beef and water to see what happens. Over at zeroinginonhealth forum people seem to have awesome results when they are as low carb as me but cut the eggs and cheese out so I&#39;ll try it for a week and see how we go. The water part will also give me a shot at dropping my coke zero habit.

Parents visiting and Saturday night has been earmarked for a guilt-free cheat meal, I&#39;ll start the 30-day countdown from Monday. It&#39;s on!

Comment

Did a workout on Friday which I forgot to log...

Dips

10x3 @ +20kg

Incline Flyes

4x6 @ 28kg(x2)

Bent-over rows

10x3 @ 85kg

Walked about 3 miles

Comment

Saturday was the planned cheat day - I had a bit of ice cream, a couple beers and a full rack of BBQ ribs with fries. The cheat day hangover is not nearly so bad today as when I have pizza and doughnuts so hopefully it won&#39;t screw up my weight loss so much this week! Haven&#39;t weighed since my "Day 30" and was steady at 186lbs.

As per my earlier post, goal is to get sub 180lbs in the next 30 days.

My aim of having a beef and water week got torpedo&#39;d - my mum and dad thought they&#39;d do me a favour and went to the butchers and bought me my usual list of meats, with about 36oz ribs thrown in! Saved me a whole weeks food money so beef and water is postponed.

Although I had a couple of days gap between my Day 30, I&#39;m counting today as my "Day 1", so here goes....

DAY 1

Wt - didn&#39;t check but going with 186lbs as my start-weight (was pre-free meal weight).

FOOD

sausage, egg, cheese, pork ribs with a butter, garlic, salt, pepper, mixed herbs coating.

Fitday

2,336kcals

185g kcals

6g carbs

156g protein

EXERCISE

Sweet F.A.

NOTES

- need to be losing around 1.75lbs per week, this prob won&#39;t be linear but gives me an idea of what rate I need to follow. I&#39;ll weigh on Tuesday to give me a chance to lose the bloat from my free day and take it from there.

I think I&#39;ll try to work the cheat meal on a reward basis, so if I lose less than 1.5lbs that week, I have to hold off on the cheat until I do.

We&#39;ll see how that goes - if I find that too difficult then it means the carb-demon has taken a foothold again and needs to be reminded who&#39;s boss.

Comment

That was so nice of your parents!

Comment

DAY 2

Wt - 189lbs (+3lbs)

FOOD

Cheese and onion omlette, sausage, cream, ribs, steak

Fitday

2,609kcals

217g fat

7.5g carbs

150g protein

EXERCISE

walked a mile

NOTES

-obligatory 3lb weight gain following day off, won&#39;t panic unless its still there on Wednesday.

-prob too many kcals today because I got a taste for some double cream! Didn&#39;t help that I got car troubles today so spent the day around the house rather than busy at university.

Comment

DAY 3

Wt - 187.5lbs (+1.5lbs)

FOOD

eggs, cheese, ribs, sausage, cream

Fitday

2,269kcals

183g fat

6g carbs

146g protein

EXERCISE

Walked around 1.5 miles

Front Squat

10x3 @ 90kg

Bench Press

10x3 @ 107.5kg

Deadlift

10x3 @ 127.5kg (last set was a 2+1)

NOTES

-Should be back to 186lbs tomorrow, more or less, although feeling pretty lean today and I&#39;m noticing more and more that my belly blubber gets wobbly and weird when I squeeze the tyre now... it&#39;s a bit like a loosely packed water balloon? Very weird.

-loving the ribs just now, think I have found a relatively cheap addition to my diet!

-Front squats were tough but not one rep was poor. First couple of sets seem impossible then a switch gets flicked and I&#39;m fine. Til the last couple! Going to up to 92.5kg next time out.

-Bench was solid, but will keep it here for another week. Slowly, slowly catchy monkey and all that.

-Deadlifts are a bitch. The weight is no problem for my target muscles (lower back, posterior chain in general) - I&#39;m exploding up on the 10th set - but my grip is still causing problems. The last 3 sets is a major effort in will-power not to uncurl my (right) fingers on the eccentric movement of the last rep and it&#39;s not a battle I always win.

Overall, kick-ass workout, was in around 45mins and body screwed after so hit the spot. Going to do a similar workout on Thursday (same bodyparts, different movements) and then crank it up to 3 x full body workouts next week and see how I handle it. Got to say, my recovery time is awesome between workouts at the moment, which I&#39;m putting down to the meeeeaaatt!!

Comment

DAY 4

Wt - 186.5lbs (+0.5lbs)

FOOD

Sausage, steak, ribs, cream

Fitday

2,492kcals

193g fat

4.5g carbs

177g protein

EXERCISE

Bit of walking

NOTES

-Pretty much at starting point now, would expect to have some progress by the end of this week - need to be around 194.5lbs to be on course....

Comment

DAY 5

185.5lbs (-0.5lbs)

FOOD

Steak, eggs, steak, eggs, cream.

Fitday

2,045kcals

147g fat

3g carbs

169g protein

EXERCISE

Walked about a mile.

Dips

10x3 @ +25kg

Chins

10x3 @ +5kg

SLDL

10x3 @ 100kg

NOTES

-Visibly leaner today in the midsection and 36" jeans are now officially no good for me - wore my 34&#39;s and they were comfy. 32&#39;s here we come!!

-Training was solid; dips felt fine but will only up by 2.5kg next week to make sure I&#39;m used to the new angle.

-Went too light on chins: the handles are a little further apart than I&#39;m used to so wanted to err on the side of caution - will go to 7.5kg next week and should nail it. All reps were dead hang through to collarbone to bar.

-SLDL&#39;s were fine, go 105kg next week.

Comment

DAY 6

Wt - 183lbs (-3lbs)

FOOD

steak, eggs, minstrels, cookies, fries, kebab.

Fitday

God knows.

EXERCISE

-about a mile walked.

NOTES

-nice bit of weight loss: I thought I&#39;d been looking leaner but it sometimes takes a few days to make it to the scale.

-decided to cut my free day to a free evening to reduce the impact and also make me not force too much down for the sake of it.

Comment

DAY 7

Wt - ?

FOOD

ribeye steaks, eggs, sausage, ribs, cream

Fitday

2,596kcals

207g fat

3g carbs

171g protein

EXERCISE

nothing really

NOTES

-Didn&#39;t feel ill today having restricted myself to just a few hours of cheats. No bloating either. Perhaps the biggest bonus, which has only just occurred to me, is that whereas I normally struggle the day following some cheats to resist carbs, today it has been a non-issue. So it seems there is a threshold which, if I stay under it on my cheat, still gives me the main benefits (mainly satisfying any food fancies I have in the week) while not getting me the associated negatives (bloating, upset stomach, lethargy and a renewed interest in sweet food). Makes sense. Will also see how this impacts the weight loss this week.

-From tomorrow I will start slowly ramping back the fat and upping the protein. I know that if it ain&#39;t broke don&#39;t fix it but I&#39;m not concerned about falling off the wagon anymore so want to play around a bit. Also, midweek "cravings" are no longer cravings, just a simple "I fancy that for my cheat this week". Life is much easier now I&#39;ve transitioned from needing sweet things to just wanting them!

No training tomorrow either, chest is recovered, as have legs but back still a little tender from chinning in a new position. Should be ready to hit it hard Monday.

Comment

Working...
                                X