No announcement yet.

Twibble Twibbly Wibbly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My eyes get twitchy when I'm staring at the computer for too long. Lack of sleep also does it for me as well. Today is not going to be a fun day.
    Georgette

Comment

• Twitching is getting further and further apart as the day goes. I meant to grab my glasses during lunch, but did good to get any food with as much as I was doing.

I *almost* messed up and got a PB Snickers & a DP for lunch, but they didn't have either, so I was saved from myself!
      Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• I just demolished a $30 book and am now scanning it in so I can read it on my nook. Weee!
        Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Originally posted by Twibble View Post
          I just demolished a $30 book and am now scanning it in so I can read it on my nook. Weee!
          *Stunned*
          That...
          That...
          That poor book...
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
            *Stunned*
            That...
            That...
            That poor book...
            ^This. Wouldn't it have been easier and less bibliocidal just to buy it for the nook?

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
              ^This. Wouldn't it have been easier and less bibliocidal just to buy it for the nook?
              This.

I like the smell of books. *le sigh*
              Georgette

Comment

• It's not available on the nook, or I would have. I still have all the pages, neatly in an envelope. I will eventually pay to have it spiral-bound.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

It's not available on the nook, or I would have. I still have all the pages, neatly in an envelope. I will eventually pay to have it spiral-bound.
                  Slightly less egregious, but it's still a hurt book.

Not that I'm one to talk, I have several books that met liquid and are now twice their original size, are battered almost to the point of nonrecognition, or that have a permanent residence in my trunk (appointment books), but I've never killed one.
                  Oh wait, there was that one that I ripped every page out of and gleefully burned, but that doesn't even deserve the title "book."
                  Last edited by naiadknight; 05-26-2011, 03:54 PM.
                  Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• I think my book collection is about to go through a purge, anyway. I hate to say it, but I need more space and can probably get most of them on my nook.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

I think my book collection is about to go through a purge, anyway. I hate to say it, but I need more space and can probably get most of them on my nook.
                      Not that I have the bookshelf space for it, but I'd be more than happy to sift through the wreckage to add to my collection.
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Of course.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

Oh wait, there was that one that I ripped every page out of and gleefully burned, but that doesn't even deserve the title "book."
                          Was it Eragon?

Comment

• Never read that one. It was "Cry the Beloved Country," by one Alan Paton. f I ever meet him, I'd like it to be in in a dark alley with plenty of weaponry lying about.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

Never read that one. It was "Cry the Beloved Country," by one Alan Paton. f I ever meet him, I'd like it to be in in a dark alley with plenty of weaponry lying about.
                              Never read it. It is absolute crap. I've never read Paton and based on your review will not ever read him.

Comment

• Re-scanning the book in color. The B&W pictures come out much better on my nook when they were scanned in color than they do when they're scanned in crappy B&W by the copy machine.

It takes longer to scan in color, though.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

Working...
                                X