Former Beer Grrrl Gets Primal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

might as well.

it will be nice for you when you have veg.

Comment

!!
      Last edited by eraserheadgirl; 03-06-2011, 11:22 AM.

Comment

!!

Comment

congrats on the new dress! Isn't it wonderful when you can zip up those sizes you never thought you'd be in?

Comment

!!

Comment

cool

Comment

Size 2! Congrats. You are clearly doing something right.
                This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
                Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

Gary Taubes is a great guy! He's from Rochester, NY, not NYC, and now he's in Berkley. I share a college connection with him, and have had some interaction with him. And, while he is short of patience with bad science, he's a brilliant--yes, intellectual--science journalist, and committed nice guy. I think he's nice looking, but then I'm an academic, too. Perhaps our standards are different.
                  This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
                  Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

Originally posted by eraserheadgirl View Post
                    For lunch we'll go to Five Guys Burgers and Fries at the mall, and I'll say," can I just have the patty, no bun, with some onions and pickles?" Then the cashier will roll her eyes like she always does and the cooks will talk smack about me in Spanish. Dios mios!
                    They're just opening one in our city (in Canada)..the first one around here. I ate at one of those before going primal.....at the time I thought it was heaven. I think if I went back now, I'd think it was gross. My wife speaks spanish, so I keep her close by for situations just like that...heh heh

Comment

!!
                      Last edited by eraserheadgirl; 03-06-2011, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by eraserheadgirl View Post
                        I can now fit into a size 2 dress from Anthropologie. It was crazy expensive, but I had to buy the dress just because it was a 2 and it fit me (and because it was an adorable 50s style number with pockets. I usually have to wear a ginormous size at Anthropologie, whereas everywhere else I fit a 4. I contribute this amazing achievement to the horrible all-meat week. And I promised myself the I wouldn't look at the scale until the Whole 30 is up, but I couldn't resist. I lost 5 pounds in 5 days on all-meat! That's major, since I was already slim at 115, it's near impossible for me to lose anything. I don't want to shed anymore pounds, per se, but I do want to be FIRM. I'm working on getting toned up with yoga and weights and I think it's working, too. I can open jars by myself now
                        I have been contemplating the whole meat & fat diet thing too (I read good calories/bad calories). I just don't think that I can get my husband on board for that one. How did you manage it?

Also wrestling with the booze myself. It has been 5 months & I am to the point I might just kiss it goodbye.

Love your journal!
                        Last edited by me2; 01-15-2011, 10:14 AM.
                        Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Comment

!!

Comment

!!

Comment

!!

Comment

!!

Comment

Working...
                                X