No announcement yet.

Jenny and Optimus Primal's Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol. i love the twists i find here jenny. sorry about your shoulder. a friend of mine recently dislocated his shoulder while jumping off a huge boulder into a lake. he had to swim to the boat with one arm while his pregnant wife (who was supposed to be on bedrest) screamed in terror. true story.
    my primal journal:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• "twists" har har, I see what you did there.

My shoulder could've been a lot worse. I keep reminding myself of that. If it hadn't snapped back in correctly this would be a multi-month ordeal, not a multi-day inconvenience.

Speaking of swimming while injured and terror...

One time my boyfriend rented a windsurfboard, but he had apparently forgotten all his windsurf skills since the last time he went and ended up stranded out in the Sound in North Carolina. The rental guy was getting agitated so I swam out to him...

...and of course some motorboat had just chewed up a jellyfish or five, or maybe they were all over, I don't know, but I was getting stung everywhere. So I got to him and said, "I'll tow you back to shore" but he offered to jump in and do the swimming. I pointed out no, he should stay on the board:
      A) I'm a faster swimmer with my fins on,
      B) my bathing suit covered more so I would theoretically get stung less.

Well, by the time we got back to shore I was really zapped, long red welts like spaghetti burns all over me. That was a very feverish day and uncomfortable week. I burned through many cans of that Spray Ice painkiller stuff, doing my part to destroy the ozone layer.

Oh well, at least I was The Hero. XD
      "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• wow, go jenny! i would've said "hell no," but then again i'm a real pansy when it comes to water.
        my primal journal:

Comment

• It was Not Good. It was like a 200 ft area of water where I was getting stung. No escaping that unless we both got on the board and waited for rescue.

Conveniently with my marine bio background, I knew I wasn't allergic to jellyfish and I didn't see any man-o-war floats around, so I considered it merely painful as opposed to dangerous. (Of course, it might've been a man-o-war chewed up by a boat... but I'm still alive so perhaps not!)
          "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• you're pretty badass. i know almost nothing about marine life, but i am pretty land-locked, living over 1k mi. from any coast.
            my primal journal:

Comment

• Stumpy won't go near water, especially the ocean. If its above his chest, no way in hell will he go near water. I'm the swimmer out of the 2 of us.

Not sure if he's trying to kill me though after this morning he may be ready to.
              Georgette

Comment

• Okay: Some responses are to things that go back a few pages:

Originally posted by Primal Fist View Post
                My pet theory is that the more superior you are, the snarkier your mind becomes. For example: I work with a lot of people who are less intelligent than I am. Not a boast, it's just true. When they demonstrate their foolishness - so whenever they speak - I think a multitude of snarky thoughts relating to their idiocy. In addition, the leaner I become, the more snarkily I think about those who are overweight. The stronger I become, the more snarky I become to those who are weak.

So don't worry about snarkiness. It just means you're ascending to a higher quality of being.

(I wish to add a little point or two here to counter any criticism before it arrives. With regard to criticising the overweight, I am especially snarky toward those who have clearly drank their way to fatness, but I also direct snarkitude at 'normal' fat people. Let's face it, many many people found their way here through a little diligence and research and changed their bodies dramatically. Nothing stopping other people from doing the same if they were bothered. Same goes for weak people, the information is out there, so I make no apologies)
                Heh. I think I've become more judgmental myself....That can be irritating, but, then again, It's not always a bad think to be made aware of how you are contributing to your own pain or perceived powerlessness. I have a few relatives who complain a lot, and I think, 'What did you expect?" or, even better, "So what are you going to do about it?"

Originally posted by Primal Fist View Post
                Hell, I'm simultaneously a pirate, a ninja, a viking, and an interplanetary adventurer in a spacesuit made of WIN crossing the galaxy of AWESOME. Above the planet WELLTHATISJUSTFANTASTIC.
                Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                Nice to meetcha. I'm an anime pirate ninja and vampire huntress, and well as deep space explorer. I currently am floating by planet Fukitol in the Galaxy Remediation Engineering.
                BEAUTIFUL! I'll be looking for pictures as well. Sometime I'll list some of my crazy costumes.

Originally posted by me2 View Post
                Yeah the same thing happened to me and it turned out I was just sleep deprived. I slept for 9-10 hrs for 5 days & then went back to my regular 8 & now I have tons of energy.
                Hah! Sleep is for the.....tired..... oh.

Originally posted by geostump View Post
                You got at least another 7-10 years before good sleep returns. Hate to break that bit of news for you.
                Luckily, I really don't personally like sleeping that much.

Originally posted by Jenny View Post
                For me, I can believe it's sleep deprivation. I've always needed a lot of sleep and wanted even more than that.

For him, I dunno. His history is zero sleep and hyper energy, so this is pretty out-of-character for him.

So we're theorizing that the difference is physical activity, that that will make the difference for him especially. And for me it will help with my weight loss efforts, of course; burn some calories, build some muscle to burn more calories, etc.
                -Agreed. I helped someone move all last month, and felt great a lot of the time.

Originally posted by me2 View Post
                Two babies though, he could just be worn out. Or maybe he is one of those people who needs more carbs? Or maybe he should try Ifing? I got a lot of energy w/ a 16 hr IF. Exercise sounds good too.
                The kids definitely kicked my butt this year, but that's getting a bit better. I do have more carbs, since I eat lots of berries, and sometimes snack on non-primal things.

Jen:
                Sorry about the arm. Next time I'll either not do it, or do it in a much better way.

Regarding your story about swimming through jelly fish to save your boyfriend, I think I would have just left him there.

Comment

• INTERESTING RESTAURANT EXPERIENCE

What restaurant has the largest Asian Chinese buffet in the Washington DC areas, featuring daily menu of over 200 varieties?

Which place provided at least five things that people at your table will have to spit out, and a free massage of your spouse's leg by use of ants?

Which place decorates the floor three feet from your baby’s high chair, for the entire dinner, with a bin full of dirty dishes and half-eaten food collected from surrounding tables?

Tysons Buffet and Restaurant in Rockville, Maryland!!

It’s hard enough to get primal food at a restaurant. The only thing primal I experienced there was FEAR!

Ironically, the first plate I had, the one with sushi and raw tuna, was great!

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
                    Not sure if he's trying to kill me though after this morning he may be ready to.
                    If he tries to kill you, just drive away without making him lunch. Since he's apparently incapable of gassing a car or feeding himself, he'll be trapped at home and eventually starve to death. Problem solved.

Originally posted by Optimus Primal View Post
                    complain a lot, and I think, 'What did you expect?" or, even better, "So what are you going to do about it?"
                    Yeah, I find myself thinking that even more than usual myself, now that I've reminded myself of my ability to take difficult-yet-proactive steps in my own life.

Sorry about the arm. Next time I'll either not do it, or do it in a much better way.
                    Ohh yeah baby, looking forward to it. Hawt. ... Of course I'd be certain to return the kindness. >

Regarding your story about swimming through jelly fish to save your boyfriend, I think I would have just left him there.
                    Considering which boyfriend it was? (the blond one) Yyyyeah, I totally should have. Ohhh, hindsight.

Comment

• LMAO. Okay, you win the 'worst restaurant experience' of the day award.

massage by ants. LAWL

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Primal View Post
                        The only thing primal I experienced there was FEAR!
                        Oh god. Truer words have never been spoken. After that first plate, IFing was a cinch.

I still can't believe you ate the sushi and survived. I guess it had a higher turnover than some of the other items there that were gathering dust / flies / icky moldy-smelling steam table drippings. (and remember, I have almost no sense of smell, so if *I* thought this steamy restaurant smelled bad, it must've been really bad.)

We couldn't run away screaming because we were there for his Dad's party, tragically. When my bread-addicted toddler won't eat the bread, it must be pretty bad.

Comment

• Yeah, what she said....

I think it was a huge disappointment for me because I'd been starving myself all day. Then, after, I was too grossed out to eat more. Hours later I did eat a large steak. Yum. Dead cows fix everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Primal View Post
                            Yum. Dead cows fix everything.
                            Amen.

Comment

• I told Optimus I was going to come to the forum and rat him out -- my eternally skinny husband is under 120 pounds again.

Don't get me wrong, he's clearly one of those naturally skinny people. This is pretty normal for him. And he already looks good naked. But, well, I worry because this doesn't leave his bod a lot of leeway in case of health emergency, yanno?

He's had more exercise lately but apparently not the calorie load to support it. Kinda at a loss here. Presumably he needs more carbs, calories, both.

Comment

• people of his sort of body type are actually at risk for a lot of things -- like a lung just collapsing for no reason. So while it is hard for them to put on and keep on weight, it's actually critical for their health. certainly not to be fat -- but to eat a fair bit, and also lift weights and try to put on some muscle. they tend to have very high metabolisms, that body type.

Comment

Working...
                                X