No announcement yet.

Jenny and Optimus Primal's Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YAY so happy. I have been wishing for a good coconut for a couple of years now. Had a couple extremely off-putting moldy disappointments... well... I just tried again and this one is PERFECT.

I have to admit I practically cried, seriously. Surely you primal folks can understand.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• yay for yummy coconuts! was it everything you hoped it would be?
      my primal journal:
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• I've been munching on it all night. There's only maybe a 3x3 inch section left. Yes, it's very good.
        "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• nom nom....have you tried the young coconuts yet?
          my primal journal:
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Not yet. Gotta get around to that soon. As I understand it they're softer inside, though... it might not scratch the same itch!

Comment

• [QUOTE=Jenny;506740]Very good point, Twibble -- though it sounds like he'll only be in the giant storm drain section near the exit, not the scary skinny deep tunnels most likely to accumulate gas. Plus this is more water drainage, not sewage or whatnot. (but still hypothetically possible!)[QUOTE]

It's all drainage only...unless Chevy Chases brother-in-law from National lampoons Christman Vacation is visiting the area.

Originally posted by Jenny View Post
              ...Still too lazy and busy to exercise. I need to cut some kind of deal with Optimus so we'll do bodyweight exercise together after the kids go to bed, or something. I really can't just sit on my duff and wait for my pool to reopen. September is still farrr away.....From what I hear sex doesn't necessarily burn all that many calories, tragically!
              That's not tragic. It just means you need to do a LOT.

Comment

• Okay:

I am sick and tired of being tired. Part of me wants to say, "where is the boundless energy I was promised? We are past the young baby phase, and should be getting better."

But I must admit I have been a bit lazy, physically. So I'll presss pretty hard this nex month and see how I feel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Primal View Post
                  Okay:

I am sick and tired of being tired. Part of me wants to say, "where is the boundless energy I was promised? We are past the young baby phase, and should be getting better."

But I must admit I have been a bit lazy, physically. So I'll presss pretty hard this nex month and see how I feel.
                  Yeah the same thing happened to me and it turned out I was just sleep deprived. I slept for 9-10 hrs for 5 days & then went back to my regular 8 & now I have tons of energy.
                  Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Primal View Post
                    Okay:

You got at least another 7-10 years before good sleep returns. Hate to break that bit of news for you.
                    Georgette

Comment

• For me, I can believe it's sleep deprivation. I've always needed a lot of sleep and wanted even more than that.

For him, I dunno. His history is zero sleep and hyper energy, so this is pretty out-of-character for him.

So we're theorizing that the difference is physical activity, that that will make the difference for him especially. And for me it will help with my weight loss efforts, of course; burn some calories, build some muscle to burn more calories, etc.

Comment

• Two babies though, he could just be worn out. Or maybe he is one of those people who needs more carbs? Or maybe he should try Ifing? I got a lot of energy w/ a 16 hr IF. Exercise sounds good too.
                        Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Comment

• Reemerging from lurk mode to complain: dislocated my shoulder in bed with Optimus this morning -- but no, we weren't doing anything fun! Just sleeping. I had my arm around him and tcked under, and he turned suddenly and because my hand was trapped under him, it pulled my shoulder out of joint.

the swelling is not bad so they expect it to be better within days as opposed to weeks, so that's nice! Also some nerve thing I forget the name of, it may be tingly for a couple weeks but that should be OK too.

I can type if I rest my arm just the right way, but not for long at all, so... off I go.

NO need to reply, just wanted to whine aloud. Whine, whine!

Comment

• It's official. Cuddling is deadly.
                            Georgette

Comment

• I know it's not funny, but it did make me laugh! Poor you - and must have given Optimus a bit of a fright!! For future stories, though, I suggest you leave the 'sleeping' part out and just say that you dislocated it in bed together. You'll become urban legends!!
                              Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• Oh, I think it's funny. It was funny as soon as I was done with the hospital, really.

Yeah, at my class reunion we told everybody I dislocated it while we were having sex skydiving and we landed on some burglars that were breaking into our house and fought them off etc.

Geo, so are you saying Stumpy is trying to kill you now that you've had Date Night?!

Comment

Working...
                                X