Jenny and Optimus Primal's Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
    Nnononono. Ya gotta say it like my youngest sister did when she was tiny. "Imvisdible." As in "Ninja are imvisdible."
    I used to say "divisible" "Ninja is divisible"
    Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
      I used to say "divisible" "Ninja is divisible"
      Well, they are. Very much so.
      Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Originally posted by Twibble View Post
        Well, they are. Very much so.
        If you can catch them, yes, they are.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Ninja are the only people capable of dividing by zero. The answer is 'death'.
          The Primal Journey of Mr and Mrs Fist
          Blog
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Primal Fist View Post
            Ninja are the only people capable of dividing by zero. The answer is 'death'.
            Amazing what you learn from MDA journals. I consider that I've had my education for the day.
            Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• [insert horribly math geeky ninja reference here]
              If you leave a ninja in the front yard, there will be 10-100 ninjahidden on your proerty when you return. If you return.
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                If you leave a ninja in the front yard, there will be 10-100 ninjahidden on your proerty when you return. If you return.
                This is why it's important to prevent ninja. (if you're reffing what I think you are... I used to be a quality control inspector.)
                "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• I'm taking it that ninja are like dandelions. Useful for somethings, wine, for example but can be a weed?
                  Georgette

Comment

• Maybe. Either ref could work, Geo. Who knows!

Haven't posted much on the primal front lately... figured I should give a summary.

Still too lazy and busy to exercise. I need to cut some kind of deal with Optimus so we'll do bodyweight exercise together after the kids go to bed, or something. I really can't just sit on my duff and wait for my pool to reopen. September is still farrr away.

I haven't been as careful with food as I want to be. I can rein that in, just have to bother, basically.

Considering the non-exercise and food non-carefulness, I'm lucky I haven't gained any weight since recovering from the incision surgery. I want to get back to losing again soon though.

Honestly, I think building some more muscle is the key to weight loss at this point -- and will also probably help my energy levels.

Also, quit nursing Zany. I am very relieved. My supply was really not satisfying her (despite me taking a zillion herbs to keep my supply up) and she was really frustrated with me... it's better this way. She seems a lot more relaxed, and I know I am. So... now I'm supplementing her formula with fish oil and D and she's having eggs and avocado and meat etc. Feeling pretty good about that.

This is the first time in 3 years that I've been NOT pregnant or nursing, and I'm not using hormonal birth control anymore, and I've never eaten this low-carb before, so... I honestly don't know what I'm in for in the coming months, hormonally-speaking.

So, I found a new GYN (no way am I going back to the old one after all that incision drama...) He's a reproductive endocrinologist with a focus on PCOS, so that's good. I said on the phone that I was eating a relatively low-carb diet and would that be something he'd be fine with? And he basically said "Sure, I guess so." Really I'd prefer someone who considered dietary interventions genuinely helpful, but he's the one I've found, so let's see how it goes when I have my first appointment. I don't have severe PCOS but I wanted to find a doc who had experience with it.
                    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jenny View Post
                      Still too lazy and busy to exercise. I need to cut some kind of deal with Optimus so we'll do bodyweight exercise together after the kids go to bed, or something.
                      heh. no...my mind's not in the gutter.

i've been really lax on the exercise front, too. we'll get there, just not as soon as we could have.
                      my primal journal:
                      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• ninja greens make a great salad though. i'm seriously planning on growing some in our pallet gardens. because the greens are super-good for you. i know, i'm mental.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
                          heh. no...my mind's not in the gutter.
                          Yeah, I thought about that as I was writing it and decided to just say it anyway. XD From what I hear sex doesn't necessarily burn all that many calories, tragically!

zoebird, it's been a looong time since I tried dandelion. Around here it would be a good idea to grow them in pots since otherwise they're bound to be sprayed with god-knows-what.

I've also contemplated raising microgreens on our windowsill to go along with the sprouts we're already raising indoors: Growing Your Own Micro Greens - How to Grow Microgreens

Or maybe baby greens since they regrow after you cut them:
                          How to Grow Organic Baby Salad Greens

But... I think our cat would try to eat them, so I might need some kind of plastic-covered windowsill container dealio: Jiffy Regular Windowsill Greenhouse: An economical windowsill greenhouse with 12 Jiffy-7 disks and a plastic dome for humidity control. - Park Seed

Comment

Yeah, I thought about that as I was writing it and decided to just say it anyway. XD From what I hear sex doesn't necessarily burn all that many calories, tragically!
                            yes, tragically. though you could incorporate weight-bearing exercises!
                            my primal journal:
                            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Sex in itself doesn't burn a lot of calories. Seemingly when you orgasm it burns 300 cals for each one. Just my little tidbit of info today.
                              Georgette

Comment

I've also contemplated raising microgreens on our windowsill to go along with the sprouts we're already raising indoors: Growing Your Own Micro Greens - How to Grow Microgreens

Or maybe baby greens since they regrow after you cut them:
                                How to Grow Organic Baby Salad Greens
                                i've been wanting to do something like that myself... i already have a small collection of herbs but i still need to replant them in a bigger pot... i love having fresh ingredients/etc right outside my door but i guess i'm better off waiting until i actually settle in somewhere... *sigh* lol
                                live mindfully.
                                she's a Coconut Girl in a PRIMAL world... my PB journal

Comment

Working...
                                X