No announcement yet.

Jenny and Optimus Primal's Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine doesn't even touch my shoulders at the moment.
    Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by Jenny View Post
      New sig quote from my brother: "We're so primal, we shit velociraptors."

Went for a walk today with Optimus even though it's hella-hot out. .....I've been exhausted all day.....business is falling very much by the wayside... But I want to bring my earnings from it back up. Maybe with more exercise my energy level would make it easier to be motivated and focused enough to do that after the kids go to bed...
      Ouch! Clogged toilet anyone?

I know this cut on top of having two kids is making it hard to keep up with the business. I agree that doing some exercise (low impact until you heal) might help. Walks are always good.

Originally posted by Jenny View Post
      .....Juven:....It's hella-spensive....
      Let's bill the doctor who dragged this out not recognizing the infected, non-healing wound...

Originally posted by Jenny View Post
      In other news, I made myself a hackjob standing desk.
      That's very cool!

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
      Hahahaha! Those are awesome, Jenny!
      Patrick. I love that profile pic. I still picture you saying everything with that pose and with Randy Savage's voice.

Comment

• I LOVE the sexy librarian pic, Jen!

Comment

• Wow, the Tight Bunned Mean Ladies (and Gents) Club still exists, even though I haven't been to their forum since 2006:
          Tight bunned mean ladies (and gents!) club - The Long Hair Community Discussion Boards

I always feel like my medium-to-light brown hair is very plain. It's straight, too. It won't take a perm or basically let me do anything to it so I guess I decided that More is Better and started growing it out...

I hacked about eight inches off of it when Zany was born, though -- having hair longer than your arms is a BAD IDEA when you're going to be leaning over a crib to change a bajillion newborn baby diapers.

Not sure what I'm gonna do with it now... let it keep growing, I guess.

P.S. to Optimus: Oh, do you? Tragically I don't think I even OWN a turtleneck anymore. I had a tough time finding one for that photo at the time, heheh.
          Last edited by Jenny; 06-10-2011, 10:39 AM.
          "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Primal View Post
            Patrick. I love that profile pic. I still picture you saying everything with that pose and with Randy Savage's voice.
            I'm thinking of taking a new picture -- a close-up of me and "Guds Knyttneve" ("God's Fist" in Norwegian), my new 12-lb sledgehammer for shovelglove. Started today doing the Urban Primalist's various hammer exercises and da-amn. . . it's freakin' awesome for upper body, arms, core and back muscles! I did 3x15 of the five exercises three hours ago and I'm still feeling that light-limbed sensation in my arms and shoulders. Also nothin' says "I am MAN" like hefting and swinging around a huge-ass sledgehammer.
            August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Ya gotta take some vid of these exercises and post to Primal Mind, Patrick. I like it that your sledge has a name. Mjolnir would be so... predictable.
              "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Mine's named Fenrir...
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Wow, lots to catch up on...new words, shopping for bras (I hate skinny, teenage saleswomen who have no empathy!), cool art work, wound-healing issues...

Sounds like the new stuff, in combination with everything else, is doing something right despite the extra carbs.
                  My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread51572.html

Comment

• Okay, I was bored so I snapped a few shots. Here's me and Gud's Knyttneve:

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• naiad, very classic name.

Thanks for visiting, Tawny!

And... niiice Patrick. I particularly appreciate the look of toothy enthusiasm in that first pic!

Comment

• I like the 2nd.
                        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                          I like the 2nd.
                          I like the lighthouse pic in the background. That is badass - so is the dude with the hammer, but lighthouse, I mean come on.

Comment

• It is a pretty badass lighthouse as well, I'll give ya that!

This weekend we're babysitting a friend's five-year-old. She's a sweet and very manageable kid, but of course she's eating a SAD. Here's the meal plan:

Drinks nothing but fruit juice. (as in, no water.)
                            Breakfast will be dry cereal and some fruit.
                            Bananas.
                            Mac and cheese for lunch. We're offering carrots and blueberries too.
                            Chicken nuggets for dinner (with leftover mac and cheese). Hopefully she'll go for broccoli as well; reportedly she likes it sometimes if there's dip.

So by typical standards she's a pretty good eater, in the sense that she will eat some veggies and does eat fruit. But still, my primal mind is protesting the nuggests and mac/chz! We'll just keep offering primal food along with this. If Buglet ends up eating the same things it won't kill her -- and perhaps solidarity will encourage this older kid to eat some more carrots, or somesuch.

Comment

• i'm debating hair cuts too. my hair is no where as long as yours, mine is just upper-mid back (and i'm fairly short anyway) but it always drives me nuts in the summer. (my profile pic, btw, isn't recent.)
                              Last edited by Saoirse; 06-12-2011, 04:17 PM.
                              my primal journal:
                              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• I trim my own hair... Mainly because if you go to a salon and say "cut two inches. Two. Not more than that. Seriously." they never listen and cut more, or add layers even if you said not to, etc. It's like they can't help hacking away if your hair is long.

I use the elastic-gather technique shown here. Feye's Hair Trimming Instructions

Key points:
                                Make sure th elastic is tight enough since your ends are usually thinner.
                                Pull straight down and as close to the spine as possible. Get help if you need it.
                                When you pull the end with t,he elastic forward to cut it, be sure to hold the elastic so the hair doesn't slide out and get uneven.

Comment

Working...
                                X