No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (Jen AlcesAlces)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zucchini pasta was great! I made a creamy tomato sauce with chicken sausage, carrots, and mushrooms.

Reading the thread on the angry revenge of the sandwich. Might need to add caraway seeds to the recipe & make me a reuben! Or a the cinnamon pecan bread! Need to calm down, too many options.
    Jen, former Midwesterner, living in the middle of nowhere.

Comment

Feeling healthy, but sad. Food, exercise is ok. Relationship is not. This kind of stress is so not PB.

Comment

Dealing with stress, slowly but surely. Feeling optimistic, anyway.

Started reading "Why We Get Fat" by Gary Taubes this morning... hoping it is high-level enough to give to some family members. Since I am already sold on the whole idea, guess this is more of pre-screening for those people. Plus, it's an interesting read so far and not difficult to understand.

Ate some junk yesterday, corn tortilla to be exact, because of some hiking recipe experiments. Feeling ok today, but going back to my 100% primal to counteract any ill effects. I'm fitting into smaller clothes the past couple of weeks, and I do NOT want to stop the progress!

Comment

Hey this is my 100th post! Yay me! I stayed with a website longer than 2 weeks!

And a lifestyle change. I may not be perfect, and I'm still easily tempted by sweets... but going back to primal immediately is easy. I do not dread PB food. Any slip-up is just a bump in the road, not a failure. Woooooooo
          Last edited by Jen AlcesAlces; 02-20-2011, 07:31 PM. Reason: I'm now a Senior Member!

Comment

Yesterday's food:
            * Green tea
            * Breakfast: 1 egg with sprinkling of cheese and sauteed spinach, mushrooms and onions
            * Lunch: 1 chicken sausage with sauerkraut
            * Dinner: MEATSA made w/beef & italian pork sausage, mozzarella, pizza sauce, spinach, mushrooms, garlic. Small salad on the side.
            * Dessert: 2 marshmallows (yeah, I know it is crap) and a piece of dark chocolate
            * Misc: Honey mustard dressing and 2 potato chips LOL

Yesterday's workout:
            * 3 mile jog around the neighborhood

NOTES
            * Not enough sleep (6-7 hours/night)
            * Feeling stressed out
            * Mood is "just ok"
            Last edited by Jen AlcesAlces; 02-25-2011, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Read a post about 3-month progress, specifically about binges and not having them anymore. Mine have not gone away completely, but they are way less powerful. Yesterday I had marshmallows... and some chocolate. Other days, it has been gluten free biscotti or a handful of dark chocolate chips. Not great, but not enough to make me feel horribly guilty. I remember the time that I went to Starbucks for chai and a brownie, then drove to Arby's for cheese fries, and also stopped for a chocolate shake. *shakes head*

ETA: I went for Indian food today and did not have any naan (yummy buttery bread). It smelled really great, and it was next to my plate the whole time, but I kept distracting myself and was able to resist. I did have about 1/4 C rice, but overall did very well. Tandoori chicken was delicious, as was saag paneer. AND, get this, my coworker was talking to me about a local group of farmersand that she will invite me to their next meet-up, where they bring their pastured meats and organic veggies. Turns out she is following Weston Price... yay for her!
              Last edited by Jen AlcesAlces; 02-25-2011, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Yesterday's food:
                * Small Earl Grey Latte - no sweetener
                * Lunch: Few bites of beef and veggie stirfry (had dental work done, so my mouth was sore )
                * Snack: a Few sweet potato chips
                * Dinner: Primal Chicken Parmesan with veggies sauteed in a pat of butter
                * Piece of dark chocolate

Yesterday's Workout
                Some walking & 20 mins Zumba (not at class), basically slow movement day
                Last edited by Jen AlcesAlces; 03-01-2011, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Yesterday's Food:
                  * Breakfast: Earl Grey Latte - no vanilla and 1/2 banana coconut milk smoothie
                  * Lunch: Hardboiled egg, a little cheese, and 2 pickles
                  * Dinner: Taco salad
                  * Small piece of dark chocolate

Yesterday's Exercise:
                  * 3 miles walking
                  * LHT, 5 essential + deadlifts, dips, lunges, and a few more

Today will be a wash. Have about 8 miles to walk/jog, and plan to eat more carbs than usual. Sticking with primal carbs though.

Comment

Yesterday's Food:
                    * Breakfast: egg salad on romaine lettuce, some sweet potato chips
                    * "Lunch": Onion soup (beef broth) from Reese's and greek yogurt
                    * Dinner: Junk food - fried chicken with cole slaw, one bite of a biscuit
                    * Misc: Some vodka drink, made by the BF

Yesterday's Workout:
                    * Zumba
                    * 1 mile walk
                    * Machine-assisted pull-ups

Had a very bad headache when trying to sleep, might have been vodka drink or junk food or both!

Comment

Today's Food:
                      * Breakfast: Broccoli with a little butter, hard-boiled egg
                      * Lunch: Leftover burger patty with mozzarella, mushrooms & onions. Sauteed carrots & zucchini.
                      * Snack: Sweet potato chips
                      * Dinner: Roast beef, sweet potato with butter, banana chips

Today's Workout:
                      * Zumba

Ate a little higher carb today, as I went all out at Zumba and I'll do some running & LHT tomorrow. I really love having more consistent energy, even without the extra carbs.

Stirred up some trouble on SparkPeople today and met a fellow PB-er in the process. I don't like how anti-low-carb they are on that site. There is no need for it. Seems like they should be welcoming to all ways of eating that are healthy and can help someone reach their goals. Reading some of the posts made me sad. "For breakfast I ate Special K with skim milk and dry whole wheat toast" ... as if it's a good thing? Also saw on the daily exercise posting: "Skipped the gym due to blood sugar issues"... made me want to say "go Primal, and your blood sugar issues will be over!"

Comment

I'm not really into the Whole30 thing. Just not for me right now.

Instead, i will do my own Lent-type challenge thing. I will eat primally, just the way I have been (roughly 80/20) with one change: I will post every day's food during this time AND not eat anything that I would not openly eat in front of others.

One of my problems in the past has been binge-eating and sneaking food, whether chocolate or cheese. This is an emotional eating problem, and I'm tired of it. So starting tomorrow until Easter Sunday, I will be completely open about my eating habits - 100% transparency. This may not be a big deal to some people, but it is to me... so screw them! I mean that in a nice way.

Now if I could just think of a catchy name.

Comment

Jen's Lent Challenge: 100% transparency
                          DAY 1: 3/9/11
                          Food:
                          * Breakfast: Green tea, and Chai tea with a splash of cream
                          * Lunch: Burger with 1 slice swiss cheese (no bun), side of grilled veggies
                          * Snack: Handful of mixed nuts (dry roasted, salt added), hard-boiled egg
                          * Dinner: Cobb salad & potato soup. Just felt like it
                          * Dark chocolate
                          ETA: * Midnight snack of 2 spoonfuls of almond butter a small slice of cheese

Workout:
                          * LHT this morning
                          * 1 hour walking
                          Last edited by Jen AlcesAlces; 03-10-2011, 02:27 PM. Reason: Damn Midnight Snack!

Comment

DAY 2: 3/10/11
                            Food:
                            * Breakfast: Nothing, wasn't hungry. Prob because of the midnight snack...
                            * Lunch: Leftover cobb salad, green tea
                            * Snack: Trail mix, Cadbury's creme egg (Note to self: never walk down easter candy aisle on an empty stomach)
                            * Dinner: salad with chicken & shredded cheese, 2 halves stuffed jalapenos
                            * Split a dish of vanilla ice cream with the BF

Workout:
                            * About 4 miles of walking around, some with backpack
                            Last edited by Jen AlcesAlces; 03-11-2011, 02:28 PM.

Comment

DAY 3: 3/11/11
                              Food:
                              * Breakfast: 1 hard-boiled egg
                              * Lunch: 2 pieces pizza, with most of the crust removed; brownie; some almonds
                              * Snack: Small piece of homemade cake bah
                              * Dinner: topping from 1 piece pizza & veggies
                              Workout:
                              * 45 mins zumba
                              * 1.5 mile walk

Pizza party today for my coworker's US Citizenship. Just doing the best I can with it...
                              Last edited by Jen AlcesAlces; 03-13-2011, 12:24 PM.

Comment

DAY 4: 3/12/11
                                Food:
                                * Breakfast: Spinach & feta omelet; bacon ; tea
                                * Lunch: Lettuce; sweet potato chips; small piece of cake
                                * Dinner: mussels in garlic tomato broth; sauteed zucchini, carrots & broccoli
                                * Dessert: mini scoop of good vanilla ice cream w/chocolate on top
                                Workout:
                                * 4 mile run
                                * 2 mile walk
                                * LHT (PB5 + pull-ups practice)

Embarrassing day yesterday, so much crap. Did OK today, but not good. Still bloated from the pizza fest, but going back to a primal breakfast helped a lot.
                                Last edited by Jen AlcesAlces; 03-13-2011, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X