No announcement yet.

Pixy's Quest for Regaining Health

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been taking Cytomel for about five days now, doubling dose every other day until I reach 50 mcg/day total or I hit 98.6 body temp at 8am, 11am and 2pm. Haven't felt hyper at all yet on a 20mcg/day dose, still have cold hands and feet and fatigue.

Found a gluten-free bakery this weekend and had a gingerbread man and two muffins over the course of two days. The bakery uses good ingredients, no crappy oils or flours. Also had some gluten-free mousse at Bertucci's along with my steak, chicken and veggie dish, a mojito with a GF stir-fry at Fire and Ice, and some sangria at a bar by the ocean. It was nice to enjoy some treats, but I think I went overboard.

Going strict primal again this week to see if my skin will clear up some. Found some pastured chicken at Whole Foods, and picked up some swiss chard from a local farm too. Good stuff!
    * Pixy's Quest for Regaining Health *
    Trying to gain weight, clear scarring acne, and fix thyroid and digestive issues with primal lifestyle- here goes something!

Comment

• Been having bad insomnia and a HUUUUUGE increase in appetite; I'm up at 4am feeling like I could eat an entire roast turkey dinner. How is it possible to be hyper and hypothyroid at the same time??
      Trying to gain weight, clear scarring acne, and fix thyroid and digestive issues with primal lifestyle- here goes something!

Comment

• T3 treatment has been going well. My doc wants me to cycle on and off of the medication a few times to attempt to kick-start my thyroid. It'll be interesting to see if this works; I'm not sure if it's just another woo-woo alternative treatment.

Had iron and ferritin tested; levels are great! Doc was surprised because most menstruating women have low iron. I think I have the primal diet to thank.

Either yogurt or almond butter breaks me out horrifically; cutting each out of my diet for now. Also, getting SO sick of grass-fed ground beef. Gonna order some grass-fed steaks and organ meats, maybe some rabbit.

Went for a four-hour walk with a new friend a few days ago, and realized how nice it is to have a walking companion. Thinking of joining a walking group.

Comment

• Off of all thyroid meds right now, and will go back on them next Wednesday. This Wilson's cycling stuff is weird.

Been eating a bunch of crap; Kettle chips, sorbet, fruit juice gummies, some ice cream. Skin breaking out more but digestion seems about the same. Trying to get back on the bandwagon but I'm bored of the primal meals I usually eat and am too tired to experiment with new ones.

Started taking oregano oil and Vitamin C, and will be starting adrenal support supp. per doctor's request.

Comment

• OK, I have three full-on nodules/cysts now, one on the apple of my right cheek, the other two by my nose on my left cheek. I have another that is still healing on my right temple. Body acne on my back, upper arms and butt again; I think this is a weird detox reaction because it happened as soon as I started the anti-candida stuff and is happening again with oregano oil. In better news, the copper peptide serum and salicylic acid combo I've been using is helping the texture of my skin and smoothing some of my indents out.

Going strict primal again for 90% of the time, with the occasional sweet treat like a gluten-free baked good or some sorbet. Primal never came near to clearing my skin even when I was strict, but it did keep the cysts at bay for the most part. I think they may be from the ice cream and frozen yogurt, as I got a cyst soon after a cup of fro-yo before even though the ingredients were pretty clean. I think my skin is hypersensitive to yogurt, milk, cream and ice cream. I'm going to try to ditch butter as soon as I order the grass-fed beef tallow I've been meaning to for some time now.

Starting adrenal support supplement today per doc's orders.

Comment

• Started thyroid meds again yesterday- 2x/day, increasing 6.5 mcg each dose every other day.

US Wellness Meats is all out of tallow, so I'm going to try cooking with ghee again for a while. Baked a bunch of chicken thighs and a lamb chop last night; still sick of beef! Been eating pretty strictly, only treats being red wine, dark chocolate and Ciao Bella sorbet in moderation. About 1/4 cup white rice with meals, too.

My stress levels and sleep schedule are better (much better after finally being the photographer for my cousin's wedding this weekend!), and I've been getting my 15 mins of sun per day. Been having more fun too; going out, getting in touch with friends, volunteering and making progress with my job hunt. My friend from Cali is staying with me this week, too, and I'm going to cook her some nice meals and visit the city with her. Overall, life is pretty good right now.

Comment

• Starting Nystatin today per doc's request. Still raising thyroid meds, and will be on 50mcg 2x/day soon with temps averaging 98.0. Still taking oil of oregano, adrenal support supplement and zinc. Started taking Vitamin C powder 4x daily, and Vitamin D. Feeling OK, kind of tired and cold but otherwise good.

Comment

Working...
                X