No announcement yet.

Saoirse's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gah, i have no patience tonight. i'm really tired of dealing with toddler behaviors. maybe it's because i'm cutting out the sugar? i just hope it passes quickly.

while at the doc's 2 weeks ago, i stepped on a scale and discovered that i'm a bit heavier than i previously thought (and have probably gained since then with all this crap food). I hate publishing my weight because i feel like doing so would negate my right to bitch about it, but to speak in relative terms, i'm around 16lbs heavier than i want to be (i've gained around 6lbs). Of course, wearing clothing makes a difference, but some of my jeans are a bit tighter and i'm developing somewhat of a muffin top. so anyway, i'm now eating only foods that contribute nutritionally, with the exception of 3 small squares of 77% chocolate/day and OCCASIONALLY drinking coffee with sugar and cream.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 02-22-2012, 08:48 PM.
    my primal journal:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• but wow, i have so much energy! is it because i'm not dragging ass due to sugar consumption? it always causes that sort of reaction (and yet still prevents me from sleeping sometimes). kids are all asleep now (woohoo!) the youngest fell asleep with no fanfare, just lying in bed beside me as I browsed articles on my laptop (double woohoo!) I think i'm going to drink a little kefir before bed; i should have hit the probiotics hard after those antibiotics, but instead i indulged in sugarry foods for a few days. definitely the opposite of what i should have done. i'm thinking of introducing afternoon smoothies instead of cooking a meal: maybe kefir, a bit of frozen banana and berries, greens, and a couple egg yolks. i'm a little worried about habitually consuming raw eggs, but of course i think nothing of eating raw cookie dough. i should also start making my own sauerkraut to get more K2.
      my primal journal:

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
        i'm thinking of introducing afternoon smoothies instead of cooking a meal: maybe kefir, a bit of frozen banana and berries, greens, and a couple egg yolks. i'm a little worried about habitually consuming raw eggs, but of course i think nothing of eating raw cookie dough. i should also start making my own sauerkraut to get more K2.
        Let me know how the kraut turns out. I always say I am going to make my own then punk out and buy it. I'm not sure about the egg yolks. I haven't shaken the "OMG I will get salmonella!!!" vibe. Then again millions of people eat raw cookie dough so you have a point.

Comment

• It took me a week or so to get over the extreme emotional rollercoaster when I dropped my sugar consumption. I'm not keeping my carbs that low (80g yesterday, give or take 10-20, and usually around 50g), but added sugar is obviously out, as is honey (cry) and fruit. Keeping my squash consumption low, and only have potatoes occasionally.

As long as you don't have any histamine issues or egg sensitivity, eggs from a quality source should be fine raw. And salmonella is more of a risk from the shell than the innards, apparently.
          Depression Lies

Comment

• I've made kraut before but i threw it out because i'm chickenshit (same with kim chi). the raw kraut from the store is too expensive to buy on a regular basis, hence the drive to make it. maybe i'll make it and feed it to the kids for a while... i'm so evil. of course i wouldn't if i thought they'd be harmed; my reticence is irrational.

we had a smoothie today as a snack- the eggs added a lovely creaminess that i hadn't expected.
            my primal journal:

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
              my reticence is irrational.
              Ma'am, put the vocabulary down and step away...this way no one gets hurt...

Comment

• Hahahaha! Okay, I r srs, Jon... I gotta meet you. Your sense of humor fuckin' kills me.
                August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                  Ma'am, put the vocabulary down and step away...this way no one gets hurt...

hey patrick!
                  my primal journal:

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                    Hahahaha! Okay, I r srs, Jon... I gotta meet you. Your sense of humor fuckin' kills me.
                    /me takes a bow.

Short fat dudes have to be funny. Law of nature and all

(seriously though, thanks! Meeting you would rock. I am beginning to think Canadians are a mythological creature like unicorns. Sure, you see them in movies but real life? Ha!)

Comment

• my baby is falling asleep in his toddler bed right as i type this, no tears, no resistance. *squee!!* I've seen this sort of thing enough to know that it won't last long, but it's the first foray into a new territory.
                      my primal journal:

Comment

• This whole tongue thing is pure weirdness. Since I don't want to re-type it, you can look here for the background. Well, my tongue is no longer swollen, but it still hurts quite a bit and my gums bleed when i brush. The bleeding is very weird: it looks like i have several pin pricks in my mouth, and not just "bleeding gums." I've lost the ability to detect certain tastes, mostly sweet stuff. And my saliva is gel-like. The pain is finally dissipating, but still present. I had planned to see a doctor today, but my daughter has an earache again and so it looks like we're staying home. Does anyone have any experience with anything like this?
                        my primal journal:

Comment

• Were you ummm... were you recently bitten by one of the walking dead?!

Seriously, though, to modify Hamlet's line: "To a [hospital], go!"
                          August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                            Were you ummm... were you recently bitten by one of the walking dead?!

Seriously, though, to modify Hamlet's line: "To a [hospital], go!"
                            No! Don't do it! Dado will mock you for seeing a doctor!

Could be pesticides; I get nasty swollen lips and gums from eating apples with pesticides on them. Curious to know where the blackberries were grown?

Comment

• weird, i had to use Chrome in order to view pg. 107. anyway, i'll see the doc tomorrow if i haven't gorged on the neural tissue of my offspring by then. I was actually thinking that i'm morphing into some NWO reptilian creature, but i guess "Zombie" fits the bill as well.
                              my primal journal:

Comment

• grown in Mexico, which i know, they sometimes use illegal pesticides.

I forgot to mention that i ate some organic strawberries last night, and they irritated my tongue. so now i'm guess that whatever was on the blackberries sensitized my tongue to berries of all sorts. urgh. otoh, greek yogurt is really soothing.
                                my primal journal:

Comment

Working...
                                X