No announcement yet.

Saoirse's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not sure what it's about. i just know that i also felt hungry despite all the fat i ate. maybe if i save my carbs until night time i'll feel more sated and sleep easier despite the continued nursing. carbs would have made me a little less bitchy, more tolerant towards the sleep disruption.
    my primal journal:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

True, I imagine that lounging in a glider with the baby while delicately sampling dark chocolate squares might go over well to make up for having to be awake!
      (if I were a chocolate liker that is.)
      "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

Originally posted by Jenny View Post
        True, I imagine that lounging in a glider with the baby while delicately sampling dark chocolate squares might go over well to make up for having to be awake!
        (if I were a chocolate liker that is.)
        haha, i'd prefer a sweet potato with LOTS of butter. i plan to have 1/2 of one tonight (though no butter of course).
        my primal journal:

Comment

Okay, so here's the recap for the day:
          2,875 cal
          236.0 g fat
          83.2 g carbs (incl. 30g fiber)
          126.6 g protein

hmmm...i'm starting to get hungry again. grr...

so i did my bodyweight exercises yesterday like a good little girl. i'm just a little sore today, not too bad. i'm wondering why we're not supposed to do strength training everyday (or is this considered strength training yet)? it seems like i neglect to do it if i don't everyday. maybe i should do a sprint in the form of jumping rope, or something to that effect.

25 incline push-ups
          and then some yoga
          Last edited by Saoirse; 01-04-2011, 11:26 PM.
          my primal journal:

Comment

uh-oh, i blew it today. haha, lame right? i was volunteering at the hfs, feeling very very hungry after eating a can of smoked oysters. i thought "why not have a little chocolate?" couldn't hurt, right? so i ate some G&B 70%choc w/dried cherries. after arriving home, i checked the label to figure out how many g of carbs i ate when i noticed that "dry milk powder" is an ingredient. bummer. so now i have to wonder, should i continue on dairy free and just shrug my shoulders? or should i give in to small amounts of dairy (pretty much just butter) because i know it will help me eat more fat and thus stay low-carb (which i also blew today)? i think i'll have to sleep on it.

i also cheated because i stepped on the scale this morning. i've lost 2 lbs in the last 5 days. (yay)

okay, i guess i didn't sleep on it. allowing butter=more veggies in my diet (because veggies cooked in coconut oil just isn't as yummy). so more butter=good. i'm allowing butter, but jumping right back on the low-carb thing. goal is to stay in the 40-80g/day range, which includes fiber. all is NOT lost, and i'm NOT doing the whole 30 (just 30 days of low-carb).

two bowls of buttery-garlicky-curly leaf kale + chicken wings in the oven= happy girl
            Last edited by Saoirse; 01-05-2011, 11:43 PM.
            my primal journal:

Comment

yesterday's recap:
              2,839 cal
              216.8g fat
              151.4 g carb (incl. 38 g fiber)
              93.2 g protein
              yeah, i blew the carbs right out of the water. though i slept well.
              my primal journal:

Comment

i'll probably have another snack before going to sleep, but here's the tally for the day:
                2,305 cal
                182.4 g fat
                65.7 g carbs (incl. 33g fiber)
                112.7 g protein
                i ate lots of produce today.

bodyweight exercises:
                26 counter-ups
                16, then 10 incline push-ups (from a 2-ft high surface)
                25 incline jackknife presses
                10, then 25 squats
                90 sec knee-arm plank
                45-sec knee-arm side planks
                then some yummy herbal tea.

on another note, 5 days of no coffee and still no withdrawal symptoms. i went from consuming around 150-200 mg of caffeine/day to 40-80 (black or green tea) overnight. not that i'm against coffee, just thought that was interesting.
                Last edited by Saoirse; 01-06-2011, 11:02 PM.
                my primal journal:

Comment

I gotta try kale some time.

Prsonally I'd say that you might as well have however much dairy (butter) that makes it easier to comply with your dietary plans overall. Super fastidious dairy avoidance in the absence of a known reaction... I dunno. Use ghee if you want to avoid the milk proteins?

For some reason the sequence of exercise and then tea sounds really appealing to me. I hope someday soonishly I can approach your exercise ability and then celebrate with a spot of tea!
                  "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

Originally posted by Jenny View Post
                    I gotta try kale some time.

Prsonally I'd say that you might as well have however much dairy (butter) that makes it easier to comply with your dietary plans overall. Super fastidious dairy avoidance in the absence of a known reaction... I dunno. Use ghee if you want to avoid the milk proteins?

For some reason the sequence of exercise and then tea sounds really appealing to me. I hope someday soonishly I can approach your exercise ability and then celebrate with a spot of tea!
                    I'm flattered. Well i was avoiding dairy because i wanted to do the whole 30. i dunno why, it's kind of lame in hindsight. i know that i can avoid dairy if i wanted to- i had to avoid all traces of dairy for a year while nursing my older son.
                    the curly leaf is the best. it's a little sweet like kohlrabi or cabbage.
                    rest well, it's so easy to forget to do that and then set yourself back physically.
                    my primal journal:

Comment

Have you tried cooking your veggies in palm oil? I'm avoiding dairy for right now (since I'm doing my own primal challenge too) and I found I like the taste of food cooked in palm oil over coconut oil. Just a thought. I'm getting lots of good food ideas from your journal. Isn't bacon mayo the best?
                      http://anikaskitchen.blogspot.com/
                      My journal

Comment

Hi Saoirse,
                        Did you ever get a pull up bar put together? (Or you could just find a random tree branch) I started a thread on the Odds and Ends section about the Worldwide Pull Up Challenge of 2011.

Jenny is in as soon as cleared by her doctor. How about you?

Comment

Originally posted by ani View Post
                          Have you tried cooking your veggies in palm oil? I'm avoiding dairy for right now (since I'm doing my own primal challenge too) and I found I like the taste of food cooked in palm oil over coconut oil. Just a thought. I'm getting lots of good food ideas from your journal. Isn't bacon mayo the best?
                          oh i love bacon mayo. palm oil is a thought...
                          my primal journal:

Comment

sort of a grumpy day, and we have a little one in the house who is sick. here's the dietary recap:
                            1,994 cal
                            156.3 g fat
                            94.6 g carb (40ish g fiber)
                            80.1 g protein

i know, a bunch of boring numbers. but it helps me stay intentional about my food choices throughout the day.
                            my primal journal:

Comment

i just did three consecutive pushups! *happy dance*

not tracking my food intake today. i had no sleep between taking care of my sick daughter and my baby, so i'm really not worrying about diet today. this doesn't mean i'm going to eat a cookie or something, just that i'm not going to track my intake.
                              my primal journal:

Comment

my little girl is still very sick, so i haven't been paying attention much to being low-carb. i'm still eating well (probably in the 80-100g range or less), and i'm going to try to track my food again today.

i was uber hungry this afternoon (i've neglected to eat due to trying to clean the house), so i ended up making a vegetable curry. it was probably a little high in carbs and definitely low in protein, but i'll make up for that at dinner time.

cauliflower curry:
                                15 oz can crushed or diced tomatoes
                                15 oz can coconut milk (this was leftover from skimming two cans of their cream)
                                cut cauliflower, onions, lottsa kale
                                fresh garlic and ginger chunks
                                butter
                                garam masala and garlic salt

i ate it with around 1/4lb leftover hamburger

For whatever reason, i wasn't hungry for the rest of the night. I ate a small handful of pecans and 10 or so raisins before bed. those are not reflected in the macronutrient levels below:
                                1,855 cal
                                157.4g fat
                                62.2g carb (16g fiber)
                                63.3 g protein
                                Last edited by Saoirse; 01-11-2011, 10:22 AM.
                                my primal journal:

Comment

Working...
                                X