No announcement yet.

Saoirse's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no soreness anymore. awesome!! despite wanting to stay low-carb, i had been drinking around 1/2 jar of coconut juice everyday, maybe that helped. squats yesterday, and absolutely no stiffness. squats again today.
    my primal journal:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• You really look frabjous. That dress is not nearly as risqué as I'd pictured from your original description, for that matter. And yeah, posting the pic is good practice for wearing it out in public.

Good luck on the car decisions. I am not car-shopping but when I do eventually, I'll surely be hybrid-waffling. I know gas is expensive but hybrids are extra expensive too... and the manufacturing of the batteries arguably makes it sort of lose-lose for the environment compared to keeping an older car (if one is in a position to do so.) So I think we're going to drive our old cars until the repair bills exceed the monthly payments we'd have to make if we got a new one, basically.

6 pounds in a week? That TOTM? Been eating salty food lately? I can't fathom that being 6 "real" pounds, for whatever reason.
      "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• thank you jenny. i grew up really conservative (long skirts, no tank tops), so it's pretty risque for me. how was your trip?

we tend to buy older cars, i don't like the idea of having to finance something so we have to go for the cheaper stuff. i've heard that hybrids have a low longevity. the ford escape fell through; according to the mechanic, it needed $1000s in work done. leaking oil, check brakes AND air bag lights on, lots of little dings and misalignments that indicate it had been in an accident... i told the seller i was no longer interested, she asked why and then feigned ignorance as to the damage present. there are a number of ford escapes in that price range elsewhere i can check out. still another 5 hour drive, in a different direction. there's hardly anything in my area worth looking at, though that would be the preferable choice.

TOTM hasn't come yet, still another few months before i'd expect it (i'm weird that way). i'm shocked too at the gain, but the number has been pretty steady these last few days. well, down 2 lbs, but still. i dunno what's up, but i'll be more careful about what i eat. i remember reading something about the body holding onto water when hydration has been an issue, which it has been lately, so maybe that's the case.
        my primal journal:

Comment

• today was a good day. the kids and i cleaned the house while the baby slept. bathroom, kitchen, hall, and livingroom cleaned and mopped; toy room and bedrooms cleaned and swept; and dishes washed. i didn't get around to folding the laundry, hopefully he'll nap tomorrow so i can take care of that because it's backing up the assembly line. the little man insisted on sitting at the table and eating with a fork today. so cute. dinner was sirloin steak, hamburger for the kids, turnip greens, grilled cajun-seasoned pattypan squash with melted cheese (very pizza-like), and home fries. the little man favored the greens over the fries, and gobbled the squash. more squats today and no soreness, yay!
          my primal journal:

Comment

• I don't think anybody will be looking at you and going "OMG slutty!" except perhaps strictly out of jealousy, if that thought is tickling the back of your mind.

Good luck with the car-hunting, doesn't sound like an ideal area in terms of the pickings but hopefully something will turn up and work out.

Soon enough I'm sure you'll work out whether it's real weight gain or water... I hear you can also gain water if you really tax your muscles with a workout because they soak it up.

Yay for good days. I really loved it (still do) when my toddler decided she was going to use the big table and a big fork. I just can never get myself to let her bring her own fork to the sink -- a friend of mine's daughter tripped and got a fork caught on the edge of her eye socket and chipped it (the bone). Thankfully her eye itself is OK, but EEK!

We tried to talk Buglet into hamburger yesterday, but no such luck. She wanted steak. We spoil her I guess!
            "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• OMG, that's horrible!! these are tiny little forks, like the plastic toddler ones only metal. i suppose it's possible to get nearly anything hard and of a certain shape stuck in one's eye.

re: dress, i suppose i still place too much emphasis on what other people think, as well as social convention, the latter probably because i find myself guessing quite often at what social convention actually is. i tend to be a little clueless. re:water gain after a workout, that would make sense, though really it was just some squats. though maybe for me it was a big workout, i was sore for many days after.

my littlest one gets steak because he eats off my plate. the kids are happier with burgers, so i'm happy to keep the steak to myself.
              my primal journal:

Comment

• Yeah, it was actually a toddler fork but regardless, I am totally spooked off of her walking with forks. I guess it worked to her advantage that it caught the edge of her socket and therefore stopped.

Oh well, I've run out of guesses as to why you might've gained weight other than actual weight gain. Either way I'm sure you'll get your bod all straightened out, if that's even necessary.

Comment

• Squats=muscle=weight gain? Are clothes tighter, the same or loose?

Stumpy and I have a rule on cars. We only buy used cars from private owners. No need for monthly payments just one lump sum and you're good to go. Plus with him being a mechanic, it just makes sense. We're more than likely coming into a decent amount of money soon so I may be getting a newer used car. Something better on gas mileage as my drive to work will be longer by 10-15 minutes shortly. I'm thinking a Honda Civic. A friend of mine is selling her 2008 Civic come March and I'm considering that but since they tend to hold resale value it may be out of my price range. I'm probably going to look at a late 90's or early 2000's model. Maybe even a slightly older Jeep Wrangler. I just don't want to spend more than $4k on a car.

Clothing wise, I'm learning to dress for me, not for others. If Stumpy doesn't approve of something, no sweat off my back. He's also learned not to make negative comments on clothing.
                  Georgette

Comment

• we only buy used that we can pay out of pocket. i'd prefer not to have payments. my husband is terribly blunt when it comes to his opinion. i don't mind most of the time.

the kids and i hiked a bit today with some friends. it wasn't a long hike, maybe 3-4 miles (and around as many hours), but most of it was up or down. maybe 1/5 of the trail had rails which were necessary for climbing down/between boulders and such. i'm kind of proud of myself, i hiked it all with my baby in his carrier, and maybe 15 lbs in my backpack.

i need a decent camera. this view was gorgeous, but you can barely tell. we arrived back at our vehicles just after dusk and dined on orange watermelon.

Photo0353 by SaoirseCaesar2011, on Flickr
                    my primal journal:

Comment

• holy fucking monkey balls, i'm in so much pain right now. i woke up after maybe an hour. in my sleepy haze i thought "am i in labor?" as i awoke, i realized that would be impossible as i'm not pregnant, and my pain is from my hips and down to my toes. do you know that feeling when your calf cramps in the middle of the night, causing so much pain that you almost forget the remedy (flexing? pointing? fuck i don't remember)? yeah, it's like that, except every muscle south of my hips. soaking in a hot tub of water now, helped at first but now the effect is wearing off. any advice for me? god i'm feeling old.
                      my primal journal:

Comment

• If you don't supplement with magnesium you should start.
                        Georgette

Comment

• i did last night before bed, and will again today. i've also been drinking coconut waters, and i'll make sure to eat plenty of protein today. my legs are a little better now, i managed a few hours of sleep last night (had to take a hot bath twice). i feel like such a pansy.
                          my primal journal:

Comment

• I take 500mg magnesium daily before bed and then during AF I add 250mg in the mornings.
                            Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
                              it's a comfort zone i want to push. growing up in a very modest church has made me very worried about my body. I do want to eventually wear this on a date with the hubs, so it's a comfort zone i should push. here goes.

IMGP0621 by SaoirseCaesar2011, on Flickr

a year ago, i never thought i could look like this again. i gained twice as much weight in my previous pregnancy than i had in my first, so i'm really excited about how things are moving along!

lol geo, thanks for the warning! i couldn't afford a hybrid even if i actually wanted one! this one has a 3.0 liter, V6 engine with 4 wheel drive.
                              Wood.

(I mean would)

(I mean wood)
                              I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

• heh. apparently you like the dress too.

you work out more than i do iniquity (that's an understatement!), have you ever cramped up like that? while i was hiking, i knew i was going to be sore, but i didn't think it would be that bad. i haven't used OTC pain killers in years, but i certainly would have last night if i had any in the house.
                                my primal journal:

Comment

Working...
                                X