No announcement yet.

Saoirse's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *happy dance* i think i finally found a car. it's a 2003 ford escape, and i'm really excited. i'm going to take a look this weekend.
    my primal journal:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
      *happy dance* i think i finally found a car. it's a 2003 ford escape, and i'm really excited. i'm going to take a look this weekend.
      Nice I hope it works out for you

Comment

• i should probably have her take it to a mechanic. this is actually the first vehicle i've purchased. any advice for me?
        my primal journal:

Comment

i should probably have her take it to a mechanic. this is actually the first vehicle i've purchased. any advice for me?
          I'm not a car guy so don't have much to offer. Like you said, get your mechanic to check it out first or a mechanic you trust at least.

Comment

• Find out about past owners & past accidents. Look underneath and at the usual parking spots for leaks or oil spots on the ground. Look for rubbing on the tires or wheel wells. TEST ALL THE LIGHTS. Look at the belts under the hood, see if they look worn on one side (could indicate that something is mounted improperly, which might result in a loss of power). The more maintenance records they have, the better.

I had a 1974 VW Beetle for a few years so I know a little about cars, but mostly Beetles
            Depression Lies

Comment

• k. thanks. i've done a bit of research on this specific vehicle, and have called around dealerships to compare pricing (keeping in mind, of course, the difference between private party and dealership prices, as well as the differences between specific vehicles due to mileage and condition). but i realized that the only thing i know about this individual vehicle comes from the person selling it. i'm a bit nervous, this escape is 6 hours away, so i'm a little nervous. i also don't know how i'm going to get it home either. ahh...so much to consider. maybe i'll just park it at a friend's house until i can arrange pickup.
              my primal journal:

Comment

• Get the VIN and run a carfax report. I think they are like $15 and will let you know about accidents and major repairs.

Comment

• thank you nameless! i'll have to write that down. once upon a time, i actually felt somewhat competent with this stuff, but after having kids i asked my husband to take care of it all. as such, i feel a little out of my league, but i think i'm doing everything in my power to ensure i don't get a lemon. she said she doesn't have any maintenance records, which sucks but i can relate (i'm a horrible record keeper).

oh canio thanks for the reminder! maybe that would tell me if they've had the PTO replaced previously. current owner has had the vehicle for the past 30k miles, and she hasn't replaced anything major (well she has, but not the PTO).
                  my primal journal:

Comment

• I'm no help with car stuff, but I am impressed with the advice you've already been given.

My garden gets smaller every year. This year I didn't even try.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• woohoo! a friend is going to drive one of the cars back, and then catch a ride with a different friend home. so i have that part figured out. just need to get it to a mechanic first to check it out.
                      my primal journal:

Comment

• okay, i snapped a pic of me in the dress. i'm still debating whether or not to post it, i kind of feel like it's going to come back and bite me in the ass.
                        my primal journal:

Comment

okay, i snapped a pic of me in the dress. i'm still debating whether or not to post it, i kind of feel like it's going to come back and bite me in the ass.
                          How so?
                          August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

*happy dance* i think i finally found a car. it's a 2003 ford escape, and i'm really excited. i'm going to take a look this weekend.
                            If it's a Ford Escape Hybrid, do not, I repeat, do not get it. It's going to be very expensive to repair and if you get in an accident, your chances of being electrocuted increase. Paramedics cannot use the jaws of life on them. Mechanics have to go through special training to work on them and even their chances of being injured increases tenfold on hybrids. Stumpy's a mechanic and has been trained to work on hybrids. Says his life is more important.
                            Georgette

Comment

okay, i snapped a pic of me in the dress. i'm still debating whether or not to post it, i kind of feel like it's going to come back and bite me in the ass.
                              I've been waiting for that pic. Don’t worry, none of us live close enough to bite you in the ass.
                              Seriously though, if you are not comfortable, then don't post the pic. We'll live.

Funny thing...my droid always tries to auto correct ass to ads.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                                Seriously though, if you are not comfortable, then don't post the pic. We'll live.
                                ^This.

Comment

Working...
                                X