No announcement yet.

Saoirse's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll message you a profile link once I'm at a real computer and not on my phone.

PS: Damn Nazis!

PPS: I was in a 4-year relationship with a lesbian. I win!
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
      I'll message you a profile link once I'm at a real computer and not on my phone.

PS: Damn Nazis!

PPS: I was in a 4-year relationship with a lesbian. I win!
      Umm, actually she won on that one. got the cake and ate it too (pun intended)
      Every Day is a New Adventure

Comment

• I apologize for the bad joke. It's been a long shift.
        Every Day is a New Adventure

Comment

• lol, oh dear.

sorry honeybuns, sometimes we cross the line here. no footrub yet, though i did get to stretch a little. i also ate maybe 1/3 pan primal brownies. huh, yeah, i need to get back on track.
          my primal journal:
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• i have been thinking of fun stuff to do lately, and as lame as it sounds, i think i'm going to buy a hula hoop. they are cheap, don't require a partner, and you can use it anytime you have a small diameter of space. who knows, could be fun! i'd really like to develop another worthwhile skill, but for the interim this might take the edge off. and i'm sure it will be nicer to my waistline then snacking on chocolate.
            my primal journal:

Comment

• Wht sorts of things did you enjoy doing when you were a kid? I still climb trees, much to my husband's dismay. For some reason he thinks I shouldn't be climbing because of my age. 52 is not OLD!! Besides, if it makes me happy and I can still do it, why wouldn't I??
              Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• The dreaded hula hoop. I've never been able to do that. Jumping rope, kickball, dodgeball and riding bikes is what we did in our neighborhood.
                Georgette

Comment

• yeah, you should climb trees if you want to! i've never been very good at that, maybe i don't like the rough feeling of bark on my skin. as kids we basically did the things that geo described. we also had "shoot-outs" and built forts in the bushes. most of those things don't really appeal to me anymore. i like riding bikes, but my trailer and bicycle are both in disrepair. what i'd really like to do is learn to samba, i doubt there are any lessons for that here. closest thing would probably be salsa or zumba. or take more violin lessons. or join crossfit. i really don't know. it all costs $$ and requires that i find a babysitter.
                  my primal journal:

Comment

• I wish I lived closer. Between myself and Caitlyn, you'd have a couple of babysitters here and there. Hell we'd probably charge next to nothing for it.
                    Georgette

Comment

• that'd be awesome. i have friends and family nearby, but i feel guilty about asking them.
                      my primal journal:

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
                        that'd be awesome. i have friends and family nearby, but i feel guilty about asking them.
                        I understand. Been there, not doing that again. I'm just grateful that I have a 12 year old and she is now getting to where we trust her to watch the younger 2 in the evenings.
                        Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
                          I understand. Been there, not doing that again. I'm just grateful that I have a 12 year old and she is now getting to where we trust her to watch the younger 2 in the evenings.
                          i am definitely looking forward to those days. my oldest is 7, maybe another 5-6 years and i might be able to expect the same of him.
                          my primal journal:

Comment

• maybe i should take up painting. i definitely need to get out of the house regularly without kids, but i also need something to do after they've gone to bed. something relaxing. i could watch movies, but that gets old and i feel like it's time wasted. i had used that time for reading and studying, though sometimes i'm just too exhausted to pay attention. so maybe i should have a menu of options:
                            read (fiction or nonf)
                            watch movies
                            play my violin
                            paint? maybe draw
                            i need to invest in another mp3 player. our kitten poo'ed on the last one and i couldn't get the smell off of it.
                            my primal journal:

Comment

• I've started reading "classics" related to things I've recently become very interested/involved in. With my new minimalist direction, for instance, I'm loving Thoreau and Seneca. It makes reading not only fun and relaxing but also practical/useful.

Is there someone you could play your violin with? I just had my first mandolin lesson on Tuesday and it was awesome. I'll be taking it up immediately, but playing with another person as advanced as you are could give you a great reason to play and improve.
                              August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• ha! me? advanced? i have been playing for quite a few years, but i have such shitty technique. i'd rather rush through a piece and play it poorly but with great enthusiasm than to take the time to actually play it correctly.

there may be others, maybe i should look for (very very) kid-friendly musicians who are interested in playing trios, quartets, etc. that way, i could avoid having to hire a babysitter.

i LOVE the mandolin. i gave it a shot (it's the same tuning as a violin), but i can't get my abnormally small fingers to hold chords. so i can play some songs on a mandolin, but not really the way it's meant to be played. what style of music are you playing? i love bluegrass mandolin.

this is pretty cool, too.

Last edited by Saoirse; 07-28-2011, 08:09 PM.
                                my primal journal:

Comment

Working...
                                X