No announcement yet.

Saoirse's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its definitely difficult to have a relationship with someone when you hardly see them. Good for you to notice this.
    Georgette

Comment

• Good for him for noticing. I was willing to make a go of it for a little while longer. Oh well, I think he'll be a good friend. Meanwhile, I have a date on Tuesday at this steakhouse I've been meaning to try.
      my primal journal:
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• A wild Saoirse appears! Good to see you.

How are the kidneys?
        Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
        5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
        Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
        TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
        bloodorchid is always right

Comment

• Lol, the kidneys? or my liver? My kids are great, I'm actually supposed to be reading a novel so i can talk about it later with my 9 year old. what mom could resist a request like that? how's life?
          my primal journal:

Comment

• Just a little update:
            I''ve registered for classes, start again in late august. Soooper excited.
            Work is good. I managed to get my manager to release me to another department where i should earn roughly twice as much (or more on busier days, yay tips!)
            In one of my previous posts, i mentioned going on a date to a steakhouse. Well, Mr. Steakhouse and i have been dating ever since. He makes me feel very warm and fuzzy inside. He's intelligent without being arrogant, sweet but humorously sarcastic, helpful with my kids (and they love being around him). Primal-wise, he works out (which is gently encouraging me to) and eats fairly primal. I might be just a tiny, little bit smitten.

So a few days ago i tried going on a run. Oy. I lasted out there for maybe 40 minutes, alternating between walking and running. On the return, i was so overheated i mostly just walked, then had to take an hour long cool bath. I hate being such a delicate fucking flower and hope my body learns to regulate temp a little better so i can run regularly. Mr. Steakhouse runs in the hills for an hour or two at a stretch; it would be nice to catch up with him at some point.

Last boring detail of my life: i started reading curly girl and am now working on prettifying my hair before resorting to cutting it off. Tired of frizzies.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
            my primal journal:

Comment

• He sounds awesome! Good luck in school.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Sounds like things are going great! Woot Woot!

Comment

• Hooray for good times!
                  You deserve them.

And see... you could hike LOTs!
                  You can even run some... my head still threatens to explode if I ask it to run. LOL
                  “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                  ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                  And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Instead of running, I decided to start walking and maybe build up to running. I really enjoyed feeling my muscles burn during that run, but i overheated too quickly. Anyway, I threw on my cute new sportsbra and skort, tucked in my phone and set a goal. Oh I briefly considered going in just that, but I decided to put on a tank top too. Originally I was going to walk to my favorite hiking spot, hike there for 45ish minutes, and then walk back. Maybe next time, I was already too warm; I walked there and back then ravenously ate a breakfast of sausage and sweet potato hash. Google maps said my route was roughly 1.8 miles each way. Oh well. I'll try to get on that again tomorrow morning before it's warm out, but chances are slim. I'm working my first shift today at the new job, 5pm-2ish. Wish I could've slept in this morning, but gave up around 6:30.
                    my primal journal:

Comment

• Helloooooo!

Sounds like things are going well! Yay!

You know, if you can get Mr. Steakhouse to slow down, you two can walk in the hills together and at a walking pace, it gives you time to talk
                      http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• We walk a fair amount together. Usually we drink, then walk, and drink a little more (though he rarely drinks more than water). He also happens to be a great conversationalist *g*. I need to think of another name for him other than Mr. Steakhouse.
                        my primal journal:

Comment

• It's so good to see you. The community is better with you as an active part.
                          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• I dunno. Reading that name, my first thought is usually "Mmmm. Meaty"
                            http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
                              I dunno. Reading that name, my first thought is usually "Mmmm. Meaty"
                              Totally

Comment

• Aww thanks joanie. I feel so out of the loop.

Hmm...meaty...mmmm. i brainstormed with him about nicknames and we couldn't think of anything fitting so i guess he'll be Mr. Steakhouse for a bit (though my phone wants to correct that to storehouse).

The morning after my first shift i ended up walking 1.8 miles to go for a 40 minute hike, then walking back home. My legs, thighs especially, and back could feel it when i came home, and i like what it's doing to my belly. Oddly i'm not sore or stiff at all, but it's still a challenge to get in a proper workout without overheating. Mr. Steakhouse recommended that i stay inside, but no part of a treadmill is appealing. I ate some corn chips, cake and ice cream last night at a birthday party. I think it was worth it.

Anyone know how to add a picture using tapatalk?

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                                Last edited by Saoirse; 06-30-2013, 10:12 AM.
                                my primal journal:

Comment

Working...
                                X