No announcement yet.

Saoirse's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah, though i'm not a fan of the airbrushing. with the exceptions of zits, i like men to look a little rugged.
    my primal journal:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• just for fun:

i think i'm going to watch tombstone tonight.
      my primal journal:

Comment

• since i'm on a picture-posting roll, i'm going to post some "during" pictures. these are from march (and there hasn't really been much change since then).

100_0467 by SaoirseCaesar2011, on Flickr

100_0475 by SaoirseCaesar2011, on Flickr

i'm hoping to ditch the little spare tire and drop a pants size due to summer craziness. we'll see if my plan pans out over the summer. oh, and i think i'm going to try out burpees tonight. crazy, when i first heard about burpees, i thought they were only for really fit people. "i can't even do a pushup" i thought. now i bet i could do at least one (and i'm still not superfit).
        Last edited by Saoirse; 05-10-2011, 12:58 PM.
        my primal journal:

Comment

• Hey, you look great! I would have never noticed a spare tire. Even after you said it I was thinking, tricycle tire maybe.

Soon enough I'm sure you'll be posting, "I never thought I could do 50 burpees but now I can."
          "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• i hope so!
            my primal journal:

Comment

• Looking great, Saoirse! Let us know what you think of burpees.
              August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Also, I see your Doc Holiday and raise you a Captain Alatriste. ;.)

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Mmmm...i like Viggo too. thanks patrick and jenny! we'll see how the burpees workout tonight. my poor husband spends his evenings downstairs, and i have no clue what he must think with all the bumping and thumping on the floor (like when i do a supported headstand and end up falling over).
                  Last edited by Saoirse; 05-10-2011, 05:03 PM.
                  my primal journal:

Comment

• What puzzles me is, why is Viggo Mortensen's hair damp in every frickin movie he's in? He only dries out briefly so they can crown him in Return of the King.

Make up some crazy story for your husband. Tell him you were fighting off the ninjas again.
                    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• You look great!!!! Let me know how the burpees go. I plan on starting those in a few weeks so I am curious to see what others think of them.
                      Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by Jenny View Post
                        What puzzles me is, why is Viggo Mortensen's hair damp in every frickin movie he's in? He only dries out briefly so they can crown him in Return of the King.
                        Yeah, damp or oily (ref. Eastern Promises). Hmmm... Makes sense for period pieces, since shampoo wasn't exactly an option and bathing happened like four times a year, not counting being rained on. And Viggo Mortensen's done a lot of period movies.

I seem to recall him looking pretty normal in A History of Violence.

Originally posted by geostump View Post
                        You look great!!!! Let me know how the burpees go. I plan on starting those in a few weeks so I am curious to see what others think of them.
                        Depends on whether you add push-ups to them, or just go into the plank. The CrossFit burpees are evil. You drop right to the floor and then push up from there. EVIL!

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                          Also, I see your Doc Holiday and raise you a Captain Alatriste. ;.)
                          OOOh a Viggo movie that I haven't seen. Thanks Patrick.

Saoirse, I love the pics. You look great. The cute little rugrat on the floor makes me want another one...for about 5 seconds.

Question: How do you pronounce your name? (apologies if you have already answered this elsewhere).
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• hehehe, yeah he'll be our last. he's SO precocious (quite the climber), and i think officially walking today. it's funny in the pics that he's crawling into the bathroom in one pic, and in the other he's leaving the bathroom with TP all over the floor.

seer-sha.
                            my primal journal:

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
                              hehehe, yeah he'll be our last. he's SO precocious (quite the climber), and i think officially walking today. it's funny in the pics that he's crawling into the bathroom in one pic, and in the other he's leaving the bathroom with TP all over the floor.

seer-sha.
                              What a beautiful name. I have three sons. The youngest just turned 7. My oldest is almost 16. Ah, the teen years...
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• the name is just a screen name, i'm actually a rachel.
                                maybe i'm naive, but i look forward to teens. my oldest is 7, my youngest is almost 1 (middle one is a 4 yo girl).
                                my primal journal:

Comment

Working...
                                X