Saoirse's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
    I've been lurking in your journal, but never know what to say.
    ^This. Nothing seems adequate to sum up how much it sucks and how little what I can type matters.

Comment

it's okay. i miss sarcasm all the time, and it's only because i'm awesome like that.

I've been lurking in your journal, but never know what to say. i've also been thinking of sending you a little gift. nothing spectacular, just a little something. i would if i had your mailing address.
      Originally posted by canio6 View Post
      ^This. Nothing seems adequate to sum up how much it sucks and how little what I can type matters.
      Saying hello and being snarky and making jokes are little gifts.
      Random weirdness is good.
      Sometimes I'm a bit serious about stuff...
      But I try not to be, because that's all BLEHHHHHH.
      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• What they said. It blows, and the most I can do is throw out something funny and hope not to hurt the squishiness. I want to do more, but I can't, so I'll keep the oneliners coming.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• So I was a good primal girl all of yesterday. until after dinner:

cake.jpg

That's real cream in the center. nom nom.
          my primal journal:
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• What's that in front of those cream centered boobs?
            If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• oh dear.
              actually my husband took a picture of my cleavage first (dirty man) and I told him that wouldn't do. so this is the picture you get.
              my primal journal:

Comment

• My kind of guy.

Comment

• lol apparently. then he dropped an ice cube down my shirt.
                  my primal journal:

Comment

• Nothing says I love you like a little harassment.

Comment

• that sounds about right. it's the slightly more mature version of little boys dropping worms down little girls' dresses.
                      my primal journal:

Comment

yeah, i'm talking about muscle cramps at night kind of soreness. sometimes my muscles get achy during the day even though i hadn't exercised in a while. this is why i wonder if i do too much, or if there's something wrong with me.

I've tried exercise videos in the past, but i just don't stick with it. ironically, the social aspect of meeting people draws me to the gym, but i feel intimidated by the possibility of looking like an idiot. the other thing is that it's really difficult to exercise with a toddler around. nearly impossible.
                        Hi Saoirse! This entry caught my eye.

I often think I'll just do some body weight moves or go ride my bike, but by the time my kids go to bed I'm beat. I finally gave up and have started doing push ups and lifting games with my kids (3.5 and 2.5 years old). Sometimes they ride my back while I do push ups, and, of course, they're always happy to be tossed up, leg lifted, or any number of things we can do with them.

There's a book that specifies, with pictures, many movements that can be done with small kids, or while pushing strollers:
                        Sarah Fragoso's Everyday Paleo. It has a lot of other things in it as well, including a lot of recipes.

Comment

• Oh i thought that book was simply recipes, i might have to check it out! thanks for the suggestion.
                          I try to work in a variety of everyday weighted movements. It can be a little more difficult as a female because the few heavy things that i come into contact with, someone usually insists on carrying it for me. Of course i appreciate the thought, but it gets annoying when I say "no thanks i can get it" and they don't listen. Occasionally i get to carrying garden supply bags (peat moss or wood chips), which, if the chips are wet, are right at that perfect weight to challenge me a little. Then of course there's playing with the kids; throwing them on the bed, carrying them on my back or shoulders, biking with two kids in the trailer, "jump hugs," that sort of thing. I've restarted some body weight exercises: pushups, squats, situps*. When my reps get higher (past 10 for pushups, and past 20 for squats) I'll add weights. I try to do the body weight exercises not to failure so that i can do them everyday instead of dealing with a long recovery.

WRT gym, i think i'll just have to befriend someone who knows their way around, and start working out together.

*I know situps have fallen out of vogue, but my upper body is so weak that my core doesn't get enough reps to be challenged by the other body weight exercises.
                          my primal journal:

Comment

that sounds about right. it's the slightly more mature version of little boys dropping worms down little girls' dresses.
                            Yesterday I pinched my husbands bum... and he farted on me.
                            Not exactly the slightly more mature version.

He got smacked... but yeah... we were laughin.
                            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                            ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                            And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• *snort*
                              my primal journal:

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Primal View Post
                                I often think I'll just do some body weight moves or go ride my bike, but by the time my kids go to bed I'm beat.
                                Yes, this is why i want to workout during the day. but of course, stuff like this happens:

Cute, but not conducive to getting it done. So the kids had a turn too:

He's okay, we laughed it off.
                                my primal journal:

Comment

Working...
                                X