No announcement yet.

Saoirse's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had a shrew of a second grade teacher. This was the main teacher trying to "train" me into being right handed. I had a progress report sent home my first 6 weeks. (In DISD, you only got a progress report if you were in danger of failing.) My parents asked me about it and I replied "She won't take my work if she thinks I did it with my left hand, only if I did it with my right hand." Parents set up a meeting with the teacher and the teacher confirms that all work must be done with the "correct" dominant hand. My parents try to get her to relent because I am natively left handed and have been since birth, but she was of the old school of thought that believed lefties don't actually exist. So my parents went to the principal and suddenly I was allowed to be left handed, so long as I at least tried to be right handed.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• that left vs. right hand thing is simply ridiculous. who the fuck cares? i hate to say it, but it seems like the old-fashioned teachers are the worse when it comes to demanding strict, blind obedience. my 6th grade english teacher was a real old-fashioned guy. his wife was my 2nd grade teacher (this love-to-please girl hated her). anyway, the first day of 6th grade english, he read off my last name and said "oh you're Steve's little sister, aren't you?" "uhh...yes. i am." then he launched into a tirade about how my brother was such a troublemaker and he'd take none of it from me. the old fart probably thought he scared me straight, when in fact i was normally a very quiet student but was tempted to annoy him out of spite. his wife was a major bitch who should never attempt to be around small children (she was my 2nd grade teacher). she made a rule that you weren't allowed to ask to use the bathroom. i was so obedient that i ended up peeing in my pretty white dress. another teacher, 8th grade, made a rule that all of the girls must try out for basketball (she was the coach), so i declined. in the end, she knew there was nothing she could do about it. thankfully, most of my teachers have been awesome or unmemorable. i had the same violin teacher from 4th grade until high school graduation, i'm really fond of him.
      my primal journal:
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• If you want a real downer of a movie, I have two for you:

Agora

and London Boulevard

*sigh* why can't i find the happy movies?
        my primal journal:

Comment

• Happy movies: Blazin Saddles, Young Frankenstein, Men in Tights, Disney, Shrek,
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• We're men! We're men in tights!
            my primal journal:

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
              We're men! We're men in tights!
              Has always reminded me of...
              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• My husband's home, for good!!
                my primal journal:

Comment

My husband's home, for good!!
                  That's awesome. That's got to be a big relief for the family, I bet your kids a thrilled.
                  My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• WOOHOO!! Congrats!
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

Ohhh wow!
                      New bend in the road...
                      Very cool!
                      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

That is awesome. Does this mean we will see less of you?
                        Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                        5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                        Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                        TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                        bloodorchid is always right

Comment

i'm considering making my icon into a headless torso. it makes a lot of sense, we're on a health and fitness forum. anonymity is kind of nice. there are a few hot torsos floating around MDA. but i dunno, i'm on the fence. so...headless torso? or should i continue with my straight-faced "hanging out in a ratty t shirt" mug shot?
                          I vote for keeping your pretty face staring out at us..

I liked the photo where you were leaning over the table looking weary.

Yuck to the liver fry up.

Yay to hubby being home.

Comment

• you may see less of me. we'll see.

wearily looking over a table- i vaguely remember that one. i bet it's on the other laptop. liver: i really wanted ti like it. last option is to see if our meat supplier will grind it up in some of the ground beef.
                            my primal journal:

Comment

• Oh no, less of you.

I think she's speaking of the one in the dark where all you can see is your face.

Liver sucks for me any way you cook it, I think.

I'm going to start condensing all conversations into one sentence responses.
                              If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
                                I'm going to start condensing all conversations into one sentence responses.
                                Like this: Dafuq?
                                Don't we already have someone who does that.
                                ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
                                X