No announcement yet.

Saoirse's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, you're all right, besides your aversion to testicles and tornadoes.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• hey, i never said i have an aversion to testicles or tornadoes. :P
      my primal journal:
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
        I can relate to the "I know what it SHOULD be, but it's not for me" mentality. Self-esteem issues suck, but you CAN improve on them. Keep writing, pretty lady, we obviously like chatting with you
        Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
        i like chatting with you guys too. really, i just need to accept what i have. i think being (mostly) okay with posting those pics means that i'm closer than i was.
        Alla thiss...

I randomly mentioned a boob job to husband the other day... some how it fit with the conversation, although I have no idea how at this point...
        And he said "why"... I said "why not"... he said "that's a lot of money"
        So I said "yeah, but I want you to love my boobs"
        He raised one eyebrow at me and says "So, I don't love them or YOU don't love them?"
        Point taken... he wins!
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• yup, that's mostly the scenario here. i know hubby looks at other pics, and there was the issue with him sending me pics, but in the recent few years the overwhelming majority of comments about my body have been positive. meanwhile, it's me who's putting such a high priority on looking a certain way and basing my self-worth on it. granted, subtle ways that he acted in our early years made a big impression on this process, but in the past few years he has been supportive. he really is just clueless sometimes.
          my primal journal:

Comment

• You should be happy with your body. In the meantime, lean on the fact that we enjoy it and move on from there

It does look like a mommy-tummy. How old is the littlest again? And I think you said that being blond your skin was more on the fragile side. Therefore, love it as proof of your ability to procreate and give it time to heal. It is a good step that you can show us, though

I just re-read the first line- and it's should as in I want you to be happy with it not should as in "What's wrong with you that you don't like what you have." Because sometimes it's hard to be happy with what you look at on a daily basis.
            Last edited by drssgchic; 06-08-2012, 10:01 AM.
            http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• healing- not going to happen. this is likely as healed as it gets; littlest is 2. thank you for the kind words.

i was in a hurry this morning, so breakfast was a big plate of lettuce with a bunch of ground pork on top and some Bragg's dressing. i wish Bragg's made the dressing without the "liquid aminos." then the kids and i met my dad at a local theme park and ended the visit with a picnic. we ate apples, colby cheese, and curry cashews.

little guy was up off and on last night gasping for air due to croup. i managed to get him to calm down and fall back to sleep, but if was any worse we would've taken a trip to the ER. I hope he sees improvement tonight; last night was a surprise so it's likely to get worse before it gets better. i still have a ton of trig homework to do, and a test on tuesday.
              my primal journal:

Comment

• Aww, I don't like sick younguns, I hope he feels better soon.
                If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• Trig and a colicky baby? Shoot me now . . . Oh, wait, the trig isn't a problem for you

Hope he's better soon

Skin isn't bone, but enough years have passed that you can't feel the bump of calcium where I broke my collar bone as a kid anymore. So, I'm going to hold out hope for you
                  http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Comment

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
                    Trig and a colicky baby? Shoot me now . . . Oh, wait, the trig isn't a problem for you

Hope he's better soon

Skin isn't bone, but enough years have passed that you can't feel the bump of calcium where I broke my collar bone as a kid anymore. So, I'm going to hold out hope for you
                    Still hope.
                    My sister-in-law is a Ginger... pale freckly skin... after #2 there was a good deal of what you have. Mummy-Tummy.
                    After about 5-6 years... you could still see the stretch marks glint/shimmer in the light, but her tummy was flat like the extra skin never even existed.
                    For some people it just takes time.
                    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• wow, cori, that would be fabulous if that happened to me. did she get any laser work done to it? i've considered that. it's non-invasive and seems relatively free of possible complications.

drssgchic- croup. baby's sleeping soundly and then suddenly:

that kid isn't gasping like mine was. then when they calm down, it turns into this:

and if you can't get that to stop, it's a warning that you should probably head to the ER before it gets worse. luckily, i was able to settle him down again.

i've dealt with it before, so it wasn't so scary as it has been in the past. but still, i don't want to haul my three kids to the ER in the middle of the night. for older kids, it's just a mild cold.
                      my primal journal:

Comment

• I'll take a look when I get home. Counting down . . .

Finally all caught up in your journal I love that your kids play in the mud and get hosed off. My childhood wouldn't have been the same without that part.

Comment

• thigh: 22.5"
                          hips: 39.5"
                          waist: 29"
                          below belly button: 34"

around three weeks ago:
                          thighs 24.25"
                          widest part of butt (hip?) 40"
                          natural waist 30.5"
                          right under my belly button/above my hip bones 34.75"

i guess that's an improvement, especially considering all of the ice cream i ate, and the not-so-dark chocolate i've been snacking on incessantly.

i have been hearing a weird noise at night, and i've finally figured out what it is. silly kitty.

my primal journal:

Comment

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
                            You should be happy with your body. In the meantime, lean on the fact that we enjoy it and move on from there
                            Yeah. More cos-play please ....

Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
                            little guy was up off and on last night gasping for air due to croup. i managed to get him to calm down and fall back to sleep, but if was any worse we would've taken a trip to the ER. I hope he sees improvement tonight; last night was a surprise so it's likely to get worse before it gets better. i still have a ton of trig homework to do, and a test on tuesday.
                            That is the suckitude. The wife just spent the week in hospital with appendicitis (she was in 'no mans land' where she wasn't bad enough to operate on, or healthy enough to send home), coming home eventually when they decided that the inflammation had gone down enough and she was stable. So she's on antibiotics and strict instructions to race right back in if the pain suddenly gets worse.

Being in a hospital sucks. I imagine that it would be a logistical nightmare for you as well with your other kiddies. Do you have family nearby who can race over to look after your other kids?
                            Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                            5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                            Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                            TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                            bloodorchid is always right

Comment

• How's the little guy doing?
                              Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• family? not soon enough. this sort of thing isn't usually ambulance-worthy, but waiting 20 minutes until family comes over isn't a good idea. if it was a true emergency, we could wake any of the neighbors, but i don't think it's that dire.

poor wife, how's she doing now?

kiddo seems to be doing alright, but still sick. couldn't hurt that he's nursing and i'm pretty sure i've been exposed often enough to have some form of immunity. i had the humidifier on all night, and he only coughed a few times; no gasping or stridor.
                                my primal journal:

Comment

Working...
                                X