No announcement yet.

Saoirse's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our issues are what they are. But I'm glad I could fight the good fight against yours
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• thank you. it makes a difference to me.

by the way, good testicle stories! FW- i know lots of people like that, and it always cracks me up. setting your mind to stopping smoking is nothing special; it's called resolve! growing your hair? yeah, i dunno.
      Last edited by Saoirse; 06-04-2012, 03:03 PM.
      my primal journal:
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• breakfast: a bunch of ground pork, an avocado, salsa

lunch: big bowl o' ice cream (that's the last of it)

dinner: this and that; a little homemade chicken soup, some pan fried potatoes, BAS from garden mesclun mix and a yellow pepper, a few hamburger patties

snacks: apple slices, a ton of blueberries, a peach
        my primal journal:

Comment

• Well, as a little extra boost, I'm in the middle of your sundress pictures, and, dang. Remind me again what you're complaining about- cause I can't see it!

(I totally hear you about pastels/white. I might look good in them, but they attract dirt like magnets. Dark is better. Way better. Although I do have trouble seeing you in black. You might have to post more pics. Um, domme? )
          http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• hmmm..i don't know how much black stuff i have anymore, other than a few tank tops, though at one time it was almost all that i wore. for all my bitching and moaning, maybe i should just demonstrate. am i going to regret this? maybe. i might take it down later.

side profile: not so bad
            DSCN0161.jpg

front: OMFG WHT happened here??
            DSCN0153.jpg
            my primal journal:

Comment

• hmm...it's kind of relieving having those pics up there. kind of scary for some stupid reason, but also relieving.
              my primal journal:

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
                hmmm..i don't know how much black stuff i have anymore, other than a few tank tops, though at one time it was almost all that i wore. for all my bitching and moaning, maybe i should just demonstrate. am i going to regret this? maybe. i might take it down later.

side profile: not so bad
                front: OMFG WHT happened here??
                Meh... silly girl.
                It's really not bad... the way you talk bout it I expected a train wreck.

It'll never be perfect. But your babies smiles do that just fine.

I have a good bit of experience with scarring... and that's what that is. Scars.
                Time.... Time. Time. Time... They'll fade more.
                And some good old fashioned rubbing with some coconut oil too if you feel like it.

Here you go...
                ONE of mine (I have 7)... it's on my left side about where my kidney is I guess... the bulgy thing touches my ribcage at the top, it's to the back a little... not exactly in the middle of my side.
                The reason it bulges to one side of the scar is because there is a hockey puck sized medical device in there.

Now... if it looks small, remember that it is over 4 inches... as long as my palm is wide.
                And it's over an inch wide. (**Cool, it actually posted really close to 'life size'! But it also looks lighter, maybe from flash?)
                And it's about 6 YEARS old... so it has faded. some. The first 2-3 year it was PURPLE. Weeeee.

Seriously... it looks like an evil parasitic LARVAE!!!
                Stoopid doctor. LOL

Also... this area has only been opened once.
                They will open it again in a year or two.
                I can't wait to see it after they mangle it a second time.
                I have a couple of thinner, but longer, scars that have been opened 2-3 times... they look all ropey and weird.
                Last edited by cori93437; 06-04-2012, 11:52 PM.
                “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• yay! pictures! (can you tell i'm really visual?) my scars change color; sometimes they're all white, other times they're purple. i don't understand why, but i've given up on any hope of fading or smoothing. it's the texture more than anything that bothers me. i have some light stretch marks in other places that i think are cute. i have no clue why, that's just my reaction. but my tummy is just blech. sure it could be worse, but it could be better. Anyway...

Thank you for sharing your scar. what does your medical device do, if that's not too personal?
                  my primal journal:

Comment

• It's a SCS, spinal cord stimulator,... a pain control device.
                    I have a problem that causes my brain to send out pain messages without any stimuli.
                    And it also over reacts to any stimuli that it does get.
                    It's called RSD or CRPS.
                    I have it in the entire right side of my body... toes to nose!
                    I've had that since '97, diagnosed in '98, medically retired in late '98, first SCS implant in '99.
                    Without my SCS I'm a useless mess... even morphine doesn't take the pain away enough.
                    I've had... about... 10 surgeries to keep it running.

It's only been a couple of years since your last babe... give it some time.
                    Some people, especially some of us with fair skin, take a long time to heal... but I think it'll still get better.
                    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• oh dear! thank god for modern medicine! you must think i'm kind of a whiny brat.

have you ever checked out Shape of a Mother? sometimes i browse when i'm feeling down about myself; it helps to normalize body flaws.

had to clear my mind of some thing unrelated to this post. time for bed, night cori!
                      Last edited by Saoirse; 06-05-2012, 12:17 AM.
                      my primal journal:

Comment

• No... I don't think you are a whiny brat. LOL

We all have different issues, and come from different backgrounds, and emotional places...
                        Just because a person hasn't walked the same road I have doesn't meant that they don't have feelings that are just as intense about the road that they are walking on...
                        ... Unless they are involved in reality TV. Then they need to be shot.

I'd never eve heard of that site. Very cool...
                        I had my baby over 19years ago... nothing like that back then!
                        It's good that that is out there... with media the way it is and the influence on culture and the demands of 'perfect'... bah!!!
                        It's really ridiculous.
                        Of course carrying babies is going to change things...
                        The media totally screws women on this one!
                        You look great. You've had kids, your skin was stretched!
                        And you still really do look great.

Of course... I'm in my current heavy boat because of years of on and off bouts of the disease and drugs to cover the pain... and even with the stim working it doesn't cover 100%... so I have to take it easy or I get flare ups.
                        And depression/PTSD and those pills early on...
                        And now I have the second disease squishing my brain and the meds for that... Bleh.
                        For me... I lose a pound or two a month, and I just have to be OK with that.
                        The metabolism is broke! And I can't walk all day, or hike, or sprint, or lift... to fix it.
                        I'm not going for hanging out in a bikini being a trophy wife for the husband or whatever...
                        I just want to be healthier because my body is getting beat up something fierce health wise. And medication wise... the med for the IH is pretty brutal.
                        And because at some point not being basically house bound would be AWESOME!
                        ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
                          hmm...it's kind of relieving having those pics up there. kind of scary for some stupid reason, but also relieving.
                          Looks like a mummy tummy. And not even a very big one at that. Isn't that more a badge of honour than something to be ashamed of?
                          Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                          5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                          Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                          TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                          bloodorchid is always right

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                            Just because a person hasn't walked the same road I have doesn't meant that they don't have feelings that are just as intense about the road that they are walking on...
                            ... Unless they are involved in reality TV. Then they need to be shot.
                            *hides the first seasons of Real Housewives of South Dakota*

I'd never eve heard of that site. Very cool...
                            I had my baby over 19years ago... nothing like that back then!
                            It's good that that is out there... with media the way it is and the influence on culture and the demands of 'perfect'... bah!!!
                            It's really ridiculous.
                            Of course carrying babies is going to change things...
                            The media totally screws women on this one!
                            You look great. You've had kids, your skin was stretched!
                            And you still really do look great.

Of course... I'm in my current heavy boat because of years of on and off bouts of the disease and drugs to cover the pain... and even with the stim working it doesn't cover 100%... so I have to take it easy or I get flare ups.
                            And depression/PTSD and those pills early on...
                            And now I have the second disease squishing my brain and the meds for that... Bleh.
                            For me... I lose a pound or two a month, and I just have to be OK with that.
                            The metabolism is broke! And I can't walk all day, or hike, or sprint, or lift... to fix it.
                            I'm not going for hanging out in a bikini being a trophy wife for the husband or whatever...
                            I just want to be healthier because my body is getting beat up something fierce health wise. And medication wise... the med for the IH is pretty brutal.
                            And because at some point not being basically house bound would be AWESOME!
                            that would be awesome, i'm sorry you have to deal with that!
                            Originally posted by magicmerl View Post
                            Looks like a mummy tummy. And not even a very big one at that. Isn't that more a badge of honour than something to be ashamed of?
                            it should be a badge of honor, but i don't see it like that.
                            my primal journal:

Comment

• I can relate to the "I know what it SHOULD be, but it's not for me" mentality. Self-esteem issues suck, but you CAN improve on them. Keep writing, pretty lady, we obviously like chatting with you
                              Depression Lies

Comment

• i like chatting with you guys too. really, i just need to accept what i have. i think being (mostly) okay with posting those pics means that i'm closer than i was.
                                my primal journal:

Comment

Working...
                                X