No announcement yet.

Saoirse's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• out of the 12 half pints of blackberries, we have 3 left.

it seems like i'm constantly low on potassium. most of the foods that i like seem to be on the "higher" end of potassium content, and yet sparkpeople claims i don't get enough. and yet, though i eat few processed meats or foods, i'm still on the higher end of sodium intake. hmm...
    my primal journal:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• 7 pushups!!

i had a huge dinner:
      1 oopsie pizza with organic pepperoni
      1-2c cooked swiss chard with butter
      1 slice regular pizza (NY-style baby!)
      followed by 1/2 c Alden's organic strawberry ice cream

i guess it felt much larger than it looks in print. i'm thinking about inducing ketosis, we have lots of meat in the fridge and i think we'll buy a cow soon (maybe even a pig). i might also buy a pull-up bar so that i can finally actually start the pull-up challenge.

it's funny how my moods and motivation swings so much. now i want to get buff, and cut down on unnecessary carbs, and read about so many different subjects (basic microbiology and the differences between the different fats, for starters). i cleaned, swept and mopped the house today and spent the evening playing chess with hubby and the kids. why can't i feel like this all of the time? i'm not looking forward to the return of apathy.
      my primal journal:

Comment

• I take a potassium tab 2x/day. I suppose it's trivial compared to the sodium in my diet, but can't hurt, eh? Not like I'm overdosing on potassium.

Yay 7 pushups!! And yay for energy and motivation, I do hope it sticks around.
        "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• If you decide to buy climbing gear you will not regret it! Rock, Ice, or indoor, it is all good! Ice is best though! Once you have the gear all you ever need is a bit of gas money to go to the crag.

Comment

• i might take potassium, i just hate taking pills.

climbing gear appears to be more $$ than i thought so i may just start with bouldering shoes. ice climbing? wow, that sounds scary (says the person who has lived her life on the couch). our climate is much too arid for ice deposits anyway.
            my primal journal:

Comment

• hmm it seems it has been a while since i last posted. there's nothing really new, i'm still behaving nicely , just not feeling like tracking lately. the pouches of fat are still slowly receding, so i know i'm doing well.

tonight i realized how "down on myself" i am when it comes to moving my body. i really do have a hopeless outlook on exercise of any sort. i spent around an hour tonight stretching and doing bodywork (my hip is really tight, and i spent a great deal of time lying on my back with a ball under my right hip trying to loosen it up. my right leg felt 2" longer after working a few tight spots for a while), a few bodyweight exercises, and dancing around in the dark. anyway, bodywork aside, i caught myself thinking "it doesn't matter, this isn't going to make a difference anyway" many times. here i was, enjoying a quiet evening listening to music and doing something that FELT GOOD, and yet i was feeling discouraged. WTH is with that??
              my primal journal:

Comment

• Yay for receding fat!

Hmm, not sure RE: exercise. Maybe it feels like a waste of time? Sort of that subconscious assumption that all our time should be spent on endeavours with very clear-cut and obvious results.

I know my brother gets really hung up about spending time having fun -- he feels like he ought to be productive (either for work or creatively) and has trouble really just relaxing.

Sure, exercise has clear-cut and obvious results, but only over time. So the individual sessions might not feel productive...?

I dunno, might be barking up the wrong tree here!
                "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• no, you might be on the right track. i think i feel like i should see immediate differences. most of the time, if i have any immediate changes, it's muscle soreness.

i slept like a rock last night (maybe related to my evening activities?). hubby claims that we had a 5-minute conversation at 2 am about snoring, and i don't have any trace of a memory about it. i do remember my daughter coming into bed with us at some point, apparently she was having nightmares. so strange, because i ALWAYS wake up when one of the kids is having a nightmare, and hubby had to rescue her because apparently i didn't even notice.
                  my primal journal:

Comment

• Ah, OK -- yeah, that's what I mean, that maybe on some level you're thinking it needs some immediately-obvious result to justify the time.

Wow, you really did sleep like a rock, then. Missing conversation? Sounds like me. My various husbands have learned to never try to discuss anything with me if I'm horizontal, and sometimes not when I'm vertical either.

When I did a lot of sleepwalking as a kid, my parents experimented on me -- gave me math problems to do, etc. I didn't believe them and so they had me write myself a note to read in the morning. It was basically in my handwriting, just... not... quite. Creepy! But also totally cool. I tried to argue that they should let me do my homework after I went to bed, but they disagreed.

Comment

• i think my attitude towards exercise goes a little deeper too. i know i have a pretty hopeless attitude toward changing any lifestyle factors, and i was raised a total couch potato (and have kept that lifestyle since leaving my parents' house), so i sort of feel like my mom is standing over me and rolling her eyes. sounds weird, i know. i'll just have to mull it over a little while longer and then maybe flip my imaginary mum the bird.

lol, that's hilarious. i generally sleep like a rock when i don't have a baby to care for (not saying that you don't now, because i know you have two), but otherwise i sleep lightly, am generally coherent and lucid if i wake up in the middle of the night, and have a pretty good memory of what goes on. my husband, otoh, usually is awakened by the wrong things (like me crawling into bed, or kids in the morning on the weekends) but generally doesn't wake up when one of the kids needs some middle-of-the-night attention. Hmmm...now that i've actually typed that out, his selective awakening sounds a little suspicious!
                      my primal journal:

Comment

• Interesting. And yeah, exercise can be kinda awkward and embarrassing. Maybe what you need is more "fun" exercises, like intense games of tag or catch or frisbee. It'd be good for him, too (and how old are the kids? I forget...) enjoy the exhilaration of movement. But I know it's tough to make that frequent.

Exercise vids, online or not? Might be good to have them to focus on. Less self conscious?

Our kids are asleep by 7 and soon it'll still be light out at that time of evening, as summer approaches. We're gonna go to the backyard with the baby monitor and play.
                        Last edited by Jenny; 03-08-2011, 04:54 AM.

Comment

• that sounds like a lot of fun!
                          the older kids are 7 and 4, so they're old enough to play a little. when summer comes, we might have issues with a 12 month old toddling around the backyard and swallowing rocks or something, but i could potentially get a playpen for the times that i can't watch his as well.

an acquaintance told me about a dance studio in town who provides a free full membership if you babysit in their onsite daycare for 1 HOUR per week. i'm going to check into that, they might not have the need in their daycare for another person, but if they do this will be awesome!
                          my primal journal:

Comment

• Bah, swallowing rocks is probiotic. We have one of those toddler fences that we used to use for Buglet, it was terribly handy. Of course there'd still be actual contact with the grass, then (gasp!)

Dance studio -- so what would you do there? I mean what does membership entail? I always thought you had to buy into specific lesson plans at a dance studio.

Comment

• heh, it's not the rocks i'm worried about. i think we have ground hornets, though i'm not sure. i'll have to investigate further this year before spending too much time outside with the wee one. *gasp* grass?!? and dirt?? oh dear... i fully intend to spend each and every day possible outside with the kids this year. i suppose you could call it my new year's resolution.

the dance studio has dance classes. a full membership means that you are entitled to come in to any class. the acquaintance who told me about this has been doing Zumba everyday for months, and she has lost a lot of weight (not dieting at all). i'm not trying to lose weight, but i'd love to go and move. a lot of it is just cardio, but that's not all bad. i like to get my heartrate up once in a while.
                              my primal journal:

Comment

• That's one thing I don't like about Buglet's day care -- they have astroturf, not grass. I mean it keeps her clothes clean, but there's no _terrain_ whatsoever. Another local day care has a hill with a big tree in their yard. I wish I could move their yard to my kid's school!

When she finally got stable enough to walk in the yard, it still took us about a month to get her to not be afraid of grass, heheh.

Ooh, that DOES sound like a good deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X