No announcement yet.

Saoirse's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• random thought before i get off my ass (or rather, get out of bed) and do stuff.

'Fifty Shades Of Grey' Series Reaches 10 Million Sales | The Onion - America's Finest News Source | American Voices

i wonder if they're paid royalties every time their head shots are used.
    my primal journal:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Rachel, I just wanted to let you know that i have been reading about your body image dilemma. I know where you are coming from. If I feel ugly or fat, I tend to act weird, silent around people. If I am having a beautiful day I'm miss vivacious.

I second your plan to tell him that showing you such pictures is unacceptable and you will not look at them or discuss them.

My own husband did some very heavy damage to our marriage and my self esteem when he was in nursing school. I had kept the family financially afloat for two years and tried to keep things going at home too. For some reason he thought I wasn't emotionally supportive enough. He would constantly compare me to all his Nursing friends. They were all so admirable - single Mom's juggling school, work and home all alone. He also made it clear that there were a few who had offered more than friendship. We were having sex a few times a week, but he said I didn't seem to be into it. Truth was, I was exhausted, pissed off at him and at 280 lbs was heading for a health crisis, but I still tried to be a good wife.

It is not easy to get past this kind of thing and save the marriage. First step was telling him that comparing me to other women was a no go. Then when I almost died, he realized what he had. Now the tables have turned and I hold all the cards, but I would never come home and torture him by talking about all the men that are interested in me now. MEN.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
        WOOHOO!! my mp3 player came in the mail. immediately on: pentangle, dubliners, a little incubus, fairport convention, and a few others.
        Ok, this is from way back, but aside from pentangle (don't know them) that's an awesome music collection
        http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• *hugs*

ya know, i hear stupid people on these forums about gaming their wives and shit like that. the don't seem to realize, the threat of cheating doesn't always make us go nuts in a good way. i kind of feel like "oh, so you want her? fuck, you can have her!" that was a really really shitty thing for your husband to do, and it does hurt, for a long time. guys accuse us of holding a grudge, it's not a grudge. it's pain that we'd like to go away, but hasn't. it's really amazing that how we view ourselves makes such a big difference on mood and how we act. i'm the same way, yesterday was all slumped shoulders and little eye contact. when i think i look good, there's a bounce in my step. i'm generally not Ms. chatty either way unless someone gets me started on a particular topic, but it's much easier to relate to others when i'm not so worried about how i'm being perceived. and then there's the shame and the guilt that i let *this* be so influential. there are women with starving children, abusive husbands. and i'm upset because my abs don't look like jessica beal's and because guys are pigs*? i talked more with hubby about this last night. after he analyzed his intentions a little more, he thinks that he was sending me so many pics of redheads because he was hoping that i would be persuaded to dye my hair red, which is certainly not happening now. he's not sure about the other pictures.

*to be more precise, i don't think most guys are pigs, but rather that their intense focus on body appearance is overrepresented in our culture

drssgchic- *spoiler alert* new kitty ends up shitting on my mp3 player and the yucky smell can never be removed.
          my primal journal:

Comment

• I'm a pig, but in a sensitive and good-natured way.

Still thinking about whether a grab o' the arse would be worth a knee to the jewels. Tempting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
              I'm a pig, but in a sensitive and good-natured way.

Still thinking about whether a grab o' the arse would be worth a knee to the jewels. Tempting.
              FW, you're going about it all wrong. I use the walking by pinch or slap on the wife's rump-lestilskin. That way your naval academy is 1) going away from the knee strike, and 2) if this is done at the proper gait, then you should be out of danger before her feet hit the floor.
              If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• Maybe a washable hair dye? Some don't wash out very well with blonde/porous hair though. Test it on just a streak of hair for fun first. It might be a good father's day present if you are at a loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
                  FW, you're going about it all wrong. I use the walking by pinch or slap on the wife's rump-lestilskin. That way your naval academy is 1) going away from the knee strike, and 2) if this is done at the proper gait, then you should be out of danger before her feet hit the floor.
                  Oh, Mrs. FW is used to pinches and slaps, so no worries. She deserves some sort of prize for what she puts up with, TBH.

Comment

• Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
                    the downside is that women remember and so you might find yourself getting a knee to the groin when you least expect it.
                    the topic of red hair is something he and i have talked about ad nauseum. in the end, i like my hair and would feel weird about dying it to suit his preferences. i guess that's where the pics came in. if i was on the fence before, i'm not doing it now, that was just shitty of him to prod at my vulnerabilities to his own gain.
                    my primal journal:

Comment

• He really blew it with the hair dying. Seems like you might have considered it if he approached it differently. He needs to learn to appreciate what he has..... an intelligent, beautiful, loving and talented wife and mother! WTF is the matter with him, most men would be so happy to find some one like you. Keep that in mind when you talk to him and to yourself.
                      Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Well, I must admit, those redheads sure are...wait, I'm sorry. Yeah, he's an assmitten.

Comment

• shut up ginger. i like redheads too, but i have some strange notion that dying my hair red would be like trying to be something i'm not. other people dye their hair, and i'm like "oo, interesting." i think about dying my hair (a natural color) and i'm like "poser." unnatural colors are different, but i think they look best if you bleach your hair first, which i don't want to do. beyond that, i actually kind of like my hair color. it'd be nice if it was a touch lighter, but other than that it's a lovely golden color in the sun.

thank you urban forager. sometimes i forget and need a little reminder.

is it normal for guys to be so dense about things like this, or am i just really naive? keep in mind that our years together have been throughout his 20s (a time that, i'm told, guys are naturally pig-headed jerks and then grow out of it).

going to paint rocks with the kiddos.
                          Last edited by Saoirse; 05-25-2012, 12:09 PM.
                          my primal journal:

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
                            is it normal for guys to be so dense about things like this, or am i just really naive?
                            Wait, what? Yes, as Robin Williams' said, men have 2 brains and not enough blood for both. or something like that.

Comment

• I actually fought dying my hair for a while- but I did two years of blond highlights in the summer and red highlights in the winter. It gave me a new insight into what I CAN do. It's mostly back to totally natural now, but it's by choice, not default.

(BTW- I'm with you on saying hell no to the red hair now. His bad for approaching it as he did.)
                              http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• i guess what i'm wondering is if my husband is that stupid or if he's a giant prick and i'm just trying to keep our relationship stable by choosing to believe he's that stupid. i guess you guys can't answer that for me.

drssgchic- how did the highlights look when they were growing out? i'm worried that by messing with my hair color i'm going to wind up having to keep up with it every 6-8 weeks. that's a bit of money that really could be spent elsewhere. but *i* would like to do highlights if it's not sometthing i'll have to commit to.
                                Last edited by Saoirse; 05-25-2012, 12:37 PM.
                                my primal journal:

Comment

Working...
                                X