No announcement yet.

Saoirse's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i bet that was a nice surprise for your parents!

we're the weirdos who do the family bed, extended nursing, etc. stuff so no crib climbing stories here. we haven't owned a crib in years. i can't stand to hear babies cry either, and i love those snuggles. might as well take them while i still can. if the 2 year old isn't going to sleep, but i know he's tired, i will let him cry a bit after everything else has failed. but usually not alone, because that always ends up being counterproductive. if he's being a real pill, i kick him off the bed and then he comes back up a little more cooperative and settles down.
    my primal journal:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Well 1 and 2 would tire themselves out and lay down...3 is freakin' relentless. He doesn't lay down, just sits in his crib crying...for-ev-ver. You can here him stop, watch tv for a minute, then remember he's supposed to be mad and start crying again. But I'm like you, he's probably our last, so why not get our snuggle on?
      If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• they're so cute and squishy. little guy and i had a tickle fight last night as the older two were trying to sleep (they do have their own room, but we were loud). then i started using his foot as a microphone. it's a shame kids don't remember things before a certain age. then again he follows me EVERYWHERE, so maybe it IS a good thing!
        my primal journal:

Comment

• also, did a bunch of yardwork yesterday even though i was feeling kind of crappy. now i'm feeling crappier. not ill, just rundown. i need to drink a bunch of water and maybe take it easy today. tomorrow's going to be hot and i don't want to wind up with a major headache. OTOH, bit by bit, the yard is looking better.
          my primal journal:

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
            i'm looking forward to seeing how the hubs gets along with the neighbor. i told hubby that he needs to "claim his territory." not too much longer and he'll be home for good.

I make steak and the cats circle like sharks.
            [ATTACH]7488[/ATTACH]

yes, my kitchen floor is disgusting. the kitchen is the portal to the backyard.
            My husband isn't really the jealous type... BUT... he sparks up every once in a while and I generally laugh about it.
            His recent remark as I was laughing, which only made me laugh even more, "Well... it's my leg and I'll pee on it whenever I want." This was a figurative reference to me of course. Mens... weird, but lets me know I'm "loved".

Kitties.... ACHOOOOOOO!
            I want a naked one. I like kitties, but I'm so allergic.

Yes, that is exactly what a light colored vinyl sheet floor is supposed to look like. Truth.
            Mop it and it looks like that the next day.
            To hell with it... keep the dust swept and mop once a week or so.

Medium tan is MUCH more forgiving... to the eye! The dirt is still there, however, it's just camouflaged!
            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
            ~Friedrich Nietzsche
            And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
              our last, so why not get our snuggle on?
              DO it.

I only have one kid... and it's probably fortunate that I got knocked up young (19) and had him, because if I had waited for the "right guy" it would have been too late... because the "NO MORE BABIES" proclamation happened by the time I was married to the husband.

I was a young mom and people were always telling me to let him cry, and don't spoil him when he was still an little guy. And I didn't like to hear him cry so I ignored them. I'm glad.
              When he got old enough to understand words and such there were rules... and I was a stick by the rules you set kind of mom... but there was also always mom's comfort and love and cuddles.
              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Almost every time Mom would lose me, she'd find me in my room asleep. I was tired so I went to bed. She never caught on. I did this in highschool once. I'd briefly thought to leave her a note on my way through the kitchen, but, nah, she'll see the car in the barn. Nope. Flipped her out. Thought I was in an accident. I'm just glad she didn't have the phone numbers of any of my friends. I woke up an hour or two later to find out that she'd called the school without checking the carport. Really, Mom?
                http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• How about checking your bedroom or calling for you? Kinda funny though - I know we parents will always find something to freak about!

We used to worry about letting our first in our bed as "the experts" always tell you how bad it is - blah blah blah bullshit. Our son has almost always slept in our room. It makes it easy to check on him when he's sick and is just easier than lying on his bed waiting for him to go to sleep. Soon enough, he'll want much less to do with us and you don't want to miss this time!

Comment

• sorry to neglect you guys. mud flinger, good for you for following your instincts. i lost faith for a bit when my first was little and let him CIO. after 20 minutes of hard crying (and me sobbing in the other room), he fell asleep for maybe 15 min, then woke up screaming again. after that, i vowed never again.

I fucked up my foot, not sure how. it's actually an old injury that has been aggravated, but again i don't know how i aggravated it, or how it was fucked up in the first place. i massaged it, painfully, with a tennis ball for a while. i need to remember to do that periodically until it feels better.

i spent today doing lots of stuff; running errands and the like. i added a bunch of peat moss to one garden bed to give it a little fluff, and noticed something in the window well. it was an adorable baby bunny. of course it's only adorable until i realized that it was going to be eating my produce. we sort of chased it about the yard, and then it disappeared. chances are, one of the neighborhood dogs will get it. so, yeah, gardening. water, turn soil, water, add fertilizer, water, turn soil again, water, add peat, water, turn soil, water. it's nice and wet now; tomorrow i'll rake is smooth, water, then maybe plant some greens or some of the plants i started indoors.

i think my "eat lottsa veg" thing is making me lose weight. it's hard to tell, but while checking to make sure that my jeans were wearable i noticed that my ass is kind of hot again. sweet. weight had been creeping up to the same weight i was when pregnant with #1. maybe i'll measure tomorrow when i'm not so sleepy.

night ya'll.
                    my primal journal:

Comment

• Part of the reason why I am so easy on bed time sleeping arrangements is that both of my kids were cry and pukers. Nothing can ruin bed time faster (and then end of my day) than needing to change bedding, kid, and steam clean the carpeting!

Good for you getting your garden so ready! I would sprinkle some greens in there and let her rip! I have a motto about plants and seeds - they grow better if you plant them! This hard learned lesson has come from the oh so many plants that have died waiting to get into the ground and the umteen million seeds that either never got planted or died in their packets waiting lost in the garden somewhere. I used to plot and plan carefully. Now I just sprinkle and poke seeds in willy nilly and go with it. The plants don't care as long as you water them. No it's not picture perfect pretty, but neither is real life.

Hope your foot feels better today. I've been nursing a funky ankle for months now and have decided to ice it at every chance - seems to be helping some. Either that or the icing has me staying off of it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mud Flinger View Post
                        How about checking your bedroom or calling for you? Kinda funny though - I know we parents will always find something to freak about!
                        You'd think after the first four or five times it would sink in. She is an intellegent woman. Of course, of the four, I'm the quietest and was the only one that put myself down for naps, so the others were probably taking up too much of her brain-space to make the connection about me

Sorry to hear about your foot, Saoirse. Hope it's better this morning! I think this calls for spending some barefoot time playing in the garden. It's for your health. And Mud Flinger is right- planted plants do grow better
                        http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Plantar fasciitis?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mud Flinger View Post

Good for you getting your garden so ready! I would sprinkle some greens in there and let her rip! I have a motto about plants and seeds - they grow better if you plant them! This hard learned lesson has come from the oh so many plants that have died waiting to get into the ground and the umteen million seeds that either never got planted or died in their packets waiting lost in the garden somewhere. I used to plot and plan carefully. Now I just sprinkle and poke seeds in willy nilly and go with it. The plants don't care as long as you water them. No it's not picture perfect pretty, but neither is real life.
                            oh that's so funny, i used to be so fastidious about where and how i planted plants, and it got me nowhere. i have shitty soil so i have been reluctant to invest much energy or money into the garden this year, but little by little i've been drawn into doing this or that thing. i started seeds indoors because i had seeds and supplies from last year, so why not? the flower seeds didn't germinate well but the veg seeds did. i might plant half my garden and let the other half rest under a lasagna garden method to add carbon to the soil.

i never had to deal with kids puking from crying, but if my 5 yo gets too upset she coughs and gags. she probably would've been a puker. i just couldn't stand how upset they were and figured it just wasn't worth it. my older two sleep fantastically without me, so it worked for us.

while i was massaging my foot, i couldn't really tell if it was helping or aggravating it further, but it feels so much better now. i still need to work on it, though.

plantar fascitis- i don't know. yes and no; there's no pain by my heel but the other aspects of the description sound right. i can't run/jog without knee pain. wikipedia says it's associated with being overweight, which doesn't hold true for me. it started in high school, when i probably wasn't even 100 lbs, started up again when i was working a PT job that kept me on my feet (120s), and then popped back up again recently (138). none of these weights are technically overweight, but maybe that aspect doesn't matter so much. Metatarsalgia sounds right. anyway, needs more massage. i should look into the etiology, maybe i'm walking wrong. it would be kind of funny if that was the case because i've been barefoot most of my life.
                            my primal journal:

Comment

• for JYACM
                              abbey eyes.jpg

and another

abbey eyes 2.jpg
                              Last edited by Saoirse; 05-23-2012, 11:28 AM.
                              my primal journal:

Comment

• She's absolutely beautiful. I wish my girl had curly hair like that, and if my kids and their blue eyes mixed with those blue eyes, we could start a master race of beautiful people. Just think about it...it's a lot to mull over.
                                If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

Working...
                                X