• Tea w/cream, bone broth
    Steak leftovers, deviled eggs, liver pâté, chocolate butter
    Cottage cheese
    Kefir smoothie
    Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
    Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
    Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

• Dragonfly, I just wanted to thank you SO much for all the advice you gave me about Vit D supplementation! I can't believe the difference in my skin in just three weeks. In the last few years I've become really pasty, but suddenly my skin is back to the golden colour it used to be when I was younger! I'm guessing all those years of Vit D deprivation gradually built up :P And, even more impressively, my keratosis pillars has disappeared! I've had this since I was a teenager, and nothing has gotten rid of it before. My skin feels amazing all over. I researched it, and discovered that it's probably the Vit D

So thanks again!
      "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Yay! So glad it is working for you. Hands down, D3, going gluten-free and figuring out that I feel best on a ketogenic diet are the three best things I have ever done for my health.

Comment

• Took a few days off my PSMF to get some good fats in. I definitely notice a difference in my skin softness when I drop the dietary fat.

Yesterday
          Tea w/cream, bone broth
          Ham, pork liver pâté
          Cheese, pickles, chocolate butter, kefir

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
            Yay! So glad it is working for you. Hands down, D3, going gluten-free and figuring out that I feel best on a ketogenic diet are the three best things I have ever done for my health.
            For me, diet-wise, it's been going gluten-free, giving up starch!

Can I ask - what's the difference between D3 and D in your opinion?
            "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
              For me, diet-wise, it's been going gluten-free, giving up starch!

Can I ask - what's the difference between D3 and D in your opinion?
              D3 is the same form of D that the body makes. There is no actual generic D in the supplement world. It's either D2 (plant-based) or D3 ( animal-based.).

Comment

• Up in WA state, getting our old house ready to sell now that the tenants have moved out. LOTS to do!

We are "camping" in the house, so camp pad, low camping chairs are making sure I get to squat many times a day. Weeding in the garden, pruning large branches and hauling around bark and compost are getting me very fit very fast. Yay!

Off for a beach walk at low tide with the mutt. He's loving the cooler (than Boise) temps, but still manages to look sullen and bored when he hasn't been on enough walks...

Have been a bit higher carb--maybe 70-100 for a couple of days and feel fine, but I am dropping back into ketoland this week.

Yesterday's food:
                Tea w/cream, bone broth
                Pastured ham steak with eggs
                Chocolate butter
                Cheese, goat liver pâté
                Ice cream! Potato chips!
                Red wine

Comment

• have fun, don't overdo things with moving and cleaning and such.

I've been pretty good about my diet since I got back into the country. No more ice cream and such for me. But I have had a bit of fruit and a little honey, just want to prevent the drop in my mood that I could feel coming on with no carbs...

Comment

Working...
                  X