No announcement yet.

Katzilla's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly!!! You could also use a plain coarse salt mix with maple syrup, or honey - in my world maple syrup is cheaper but it may not be the case where you are. Just something liquidy and sugary - the sugar is hydroscopic (I think that's the term) and it pulls more water out than salt alone, and prevents oversalting for when you forget about your jerky and leave it in the brine too long - you have kids, you KNOW that's going to happen, LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by spughy View Post
      Exactly!!! You could also use a plain coarse salt mix with maple syrup, or honey - in my world maple syrup is cheaper but it may not be the case where you are. Just something liquidy and sugary - the sugar is hydroscopic (I think that's the term) and it pulls more water out than salt alone, and prevents oversalting for when you forget about your jerky and leave it in the brine too long - you have kids, you KNOW that's going to happen, LOL!

Hahah, that's way too true. I try so hard to remember the eleventy billion things I am doing, but I always lose one or two. Thanks so so so much for the information. I love jerky like woah!
      5 foot 5 female.
      Starting weight 187 (10/4/10)
      Got knocked up; Had 3rd babby.
      Current weight 128 (8/20/2012)
      Goal weight 150 (pre-pregnancy weight); Goal weight #2 135 (ideal); Newest goal? RIPPED. I WANNA BE RIPPED.

"Bring a knife to a gun fight--stab them while they're laughing"
      "You were born a winner- you were the fastest sperm"
      I prefer to take life advice from courage wolf

Comment

I ate so well yesterday. I ate a pound of bacon (spread out so I didn't get the shits) a big ass salad with olive salad on it. A coconut smoothie with no sugar added (which my 2 year old LOVED), some left over pot roast. And I ate some coconut oil!

My lard jar is getting full! I am probably going to cook some scallops in bacon fat tonight.

I also finished reading "Why we get fat" and watched "Fat head" which was amazing. It explains the science of Primal/Paleo in an accessible way.

I joined sparkpeople. If any of you guys want to add me my username is katasaurus. <3
        5 foot 5 female.
        Goal weight 150 (pre-pregnancy weight); Goal weight #2 135 (ideal); Newest goal? RIPPED. I WANNA BE RIPPED.

Comment

OH NOM NOM Coconut milkshake recipe.

1 can of coconut milk
          2 tbs of cocoa
          1 packet of stevia
          1 cup ice
          1 tbs coconut oil
          1 pinch salt

Tastes pretty close to the real thing. Soooooo delicious.
          5 foot 5 female.

Comment

I've been eating beautifully (100%) for the last 4 days, (and around 50g of carbs) and I feel amazing. Which is pretty much necessary because my husband is gone for the month at airborne school and it's just me taking care of my little trouble makers. I've not been getting a bunch of sleep (despite going to bed at 9pm) because my toddler keeps taking off her clothes and getting cold, and my baby hasn't mastered sleeping yet.

If it's going to be like this when he leaves for Afghanistan I am moving back in with my mom. I miss adults.

On the other hand, I am making the best out of this and spent the morning playing with my toddler in the snow. (As she calls it "No.")

And in bizarre news I haven't pooped in 3 days, which is a long time for me even with the coffee I've been drinking. I'm not gassy or in pain or anything. But I am confused as to how I can eat over 150g of fat a day and not poop. How does that even work?
            5 foot 5 female.

Comment

Hey the no pooping thing is happening for me too - it started when I went off dairy. I'll go a couple days between poops, and, like you said, no gas or feeling bunged up or anything. Weird. And I'm losing weight really fast too right now - down 4 lbs since Jan 1. Crazy stuff.

Comment

Yeah, I feel like I'm about to drop a bunch too... I wonder if the constipation is a good sign? At least it's not painful. It's nice not being bent over in pain after missing a day though, isn't it?
                5 foot 5 female.

Comment

I know it's the opposite of primal but today I did my first spin class. I really wanted to see how my body would preform now that I am not a carb-fueled maniac. I kicked ASS. My goal was to make it through the whole class and I did. I did a decent job of keeping up with my friend who does this every week. (She's amazing!) I had so much more energy than I ever did before I was primal, I would never have made it through 20 minutes before this! Right now I am carbing up with a can of sweet peas. Today's carb total is 67 according to spark people. That's pretty much in my range where I want to be.

I also just gave my friend her xmas present (The Primal Blueprint) because she's seen the transformation I've gone through and she's really interested. It makes me feel good to share this. I've never felt better. I've got two other friends who decided to give it a shot, and they are kicking ASS. I'm so glad to pass primal along, I just feel so good all of the time and I want everyone else to, too!
                  5 foot 5 female.

Comment

I was doing so well without diet coke in my life, and then I messed up. I had some yesterday and I noticed it totally made a crazy difference in my hunger and cravings, I was starving, and for the first time in a while I wanted carbs. I am cutting it out forever. Peace out, diet coke. You nasty.

I think it stalled my weight loss, which sucks because my goal is to lose a bit more before my husband gets back from airborne school.
                    EFF YOU DIET COKE.

EFF YOU IN YOUR NASTY FACE.

Uhh, yeah. That was weird and ranty.
                    5 foot 5 female.

Comment

A few of my girls have gone primal and I'm so tickled by how well they're all doing. I've been blabbing on and on like a maniac about PB, which I am sure is totally annoying but I just feel so good and want everyone else to, too.

I just gave my copy of TPB to my BFF from law school. She's a big fan of meat and thinks she can do it. Her sister was just diagnosed with celiac disease and I suspect that she has similar issues too.
                      5 foot 5 female.

Comment

It's been like a week since I've weighed myself and I kind of wonder what happened. It sounds crazy but I can imagine that I've lost, gained or stayed the same. They all seem plausible to me.

I wonder if "Operation Lose a Butt-load of Weight Before Husband Returns" might be a huge bust. I feel like I've been eating too much food. But it's been very primal. I did have some fruit which for me is unusual. My stomach looks ok though.

Tomorrow I will be traveling home where I have more control over the food, which is a huge relief. I miss cooking for myself. Plus I don't add brown sugar to everything like my step-mom. Oh god.

I also need to get away from this place because it's diet coke central. I miss my soda water. I love the carbonation, but I don't want any artificial crap and I have the worst time saying no to diet coke.

Also I am still not pooping on my own and that freaks me out. I've had two packets of that "smoothe move" tea because nothing is happening. I'm not cramped or gassy but I kind of like pooping every day. I'm sure I need to find the zen in this but it's hard.
                        5 foot 5 female.

Comment

Katzilla, did you stop drinking coffee, by any chance? I stopped when I stopped dairy - coffee isn't coffee without cream - but I found the pooping got more regular when I added it back in. Bad, bad caffeine, and I should probably wean myself off it, but it's so goooood. I'm drinking coffee black or with coconut-based "creamer" which is ok but not fabulous.

Comment

Originally posted by spughy View Post
                            Katzilla, did you stop drinking coffee, by any chance? I stopped when I stopped dairy - coffee isn't coffee without cream - but I found the pooping got more regular when I added it back in. Bad, bad caffeine, and I should probably wean myself off it, but it's so goooood. I'm drinking coffee black or with coconut-based "creamer" which is ok but not fabulous.
                            I'm still drinking it! I actually upped my intake since these dang kids have me up at all hours, lol. The baby just got two teeth (of course while the husbands away) so I am drinking coffee like it's going out of style.

I think caffeine will be my only vice, besides chocolate. Yummmm.
                            5 foot 5 female.

Comment

We made it home and I made it to my scale! *Drumroll*

I lost weight. 2lbs since the 11th, which is good enough for me. Even with all that stupid diet coke. I'm back to my water now, thank goodness.

I tried on some new pants I just bought last week. I bought them tight but they fit perfectly now. Although I should probably stop buying low rise jeans because my stomach is still all puffy saggy and weird from the baby. I really hope that the loose skin tightens up. I'm dry brushing it, but not putting any cream on it or anything because I don't really believe a cream will work.

I'm back in 9's or 11's depending on the brand. I'm quite pleased.
                              5 foot 5 female.

Comment

Yay for skinny jeans!!! And yay for lbs gone! Enjoy your water!

Comment

Working...
                                X