No announcement yet.

Skink's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh....woke up with a bad hangover this morning. How much did I drink last night? NONE. This is a pure food hangover. Everyone has been complaining that we never have treats anymore, and the only places we ever go out to eat are places I can get a steak. Yesterday I broke down and we had pizza for dinner and cookies for desert. I woke up feeling like I drank a 12 pack of shitty beer. Today I plan on fasting until dinner time and maybe keeping the carbs down low today. We'll just call last night a crab refeed that had less than optimal carb sources.

I have decided that when the tax refund gets here I am going to upgrade my workout equipment. Heavier kettlebells and some gymnastic rings(going to hang them from a tree branch. guess that will work) on the list so far.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Cool! Let us know how those rings work!

I definitely need to be more proactive about staying Primal. Weekends are the worst for me. Weekdays are normally okay.
      August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
        I definitely need to be more proactive about staying Primal. Weekends are the worst for me. Weekdays are normally okay.
        If it helps, just picture that every time you fall off the primal wagon on the weekends I will be sending you one of these.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Today's workout:

Tabata day!
          Snatches x 2
          Swings x2
          Short break in between each. Just enough to catch my breath and let the heart rate slow down.

Push-ups, 1 x 40 - 1 x 20

Felt really good today. It was a little cold out(upper 30's, maybe 40), but I got a pretty good sweat going(I was steaming).

Update: New 55 lb kettlebell and gymnastic rings purchased yesterday. Looking in the regular sporting good stores, a 55 lb would cost like $100. I got this one on ebay for $62 including shipping, so that is like less than $1.13 a pound(which is the best I've seen anywhere). Today, while taking the dog for her walk, I spent the time scoping out trees with good limbs for hanging the rings. Eventually i will make it to Lowes(or maybe Walmart has them) to get sand for the sandbags, and then I should be good for a killer spring and summer of fitness fun(can't to start sweating my ass off).

Comment

• Today's workout:

Chin-ups x a lot(as many as I could in each set until I couldn't do 1)
            Bulgarian bag squats, 6 x 20
            Push-ups, 40-20-12-9

Raining today, so I had to do a modified indoor workout. It was still pretty good, though. I managed to keep the intensity up. I was going to do my workout yesterday, but just did yard work instead. I had thught that I would cut the grass real quick and then do my workout. After mowing and then weed wacking I just said "fuck it...I want dinner."

Oh...and what the fuck is up with the cold and rainy weather? Get your shit together Spring!

Comment

• Today's workout:

Single KB clean and press, 5 x 7
              Dumbbell rows, 4 x 10
              Goblet squats, 5 x 10
              Push-ups, 40-25-15-15
              Swings, 3 x 35
              Body rows(on the rings), 2 x 10

Good workout, but I was having some minor pain in my left bicep down by the elbow. Felt it most in the cleans. It wasn't bad, but aggravating. I was also having some DOMS from the indoor rainy day workout. That was a fuck ton of pull-ups.

Here are my new toys:

Comment

• Not only are your toys awesome, but it looks like you've got a sweet play area with spring finally springing!

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Today's workout:

KB snatches, 4 x 10 each side
                  KB clean and press, 4 x 7 each side
                  Ring pull-ups, 4 x 8
                  Goblet squats, 5 x 10
                  Push-ups, 1 x 40 - 1 x 20
                  Body rows(on rings), 4 x 10
                  KB swings, 1 x 50

Well, i am happy with the new workout stuff. It was a good investment. It has raised the intensity level up nicely. The rings offer a lot of possibilities for mixing things up. It was a nice day out, so the workout was enjoyable. I was going to workout sunday. but it was raining. Then yesterday it was raining again. I was going to do an indoor one again, but when I got home from work I felt like I could fall asleep on the couch. I took that as a sign my body needed a little extra rest, so I took it easy. Definitely didn't take it easy today(the swings almost killed me...anymore and I would have puked.)

Comment

• My Honey likes your kettlebell. I am scared by it!

Comment

• Sabine, if you're scared of that one, you'll love these!

Art in Motion

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                        Sabine, if you're scared of that one, you'll love these!

Art in Motion
                        I kind of like this one:

It reminds me of a samurai mask, and(as anyone who knows me will tell you) I am a total geek for anything samurai. After seeing the $200 price tag though, I may have had a small heart attack.

Today was my oldest's soccer game. She kicked some ass as always, and they won 5 to 3. Afterwards the kids were playing on the playground. The kids were trying to climb up the A frame poles on the swing set, and my daughter asked if I could do it. I was a little worried the other adults might not like my behavior, but went ahead anyway. I climbed up the pole and then onto the cross bar on top before dropping down. My daughter's friend said "Your dad is awesome!" and I could see me daughter liked that. So fuck all the boring assholes. I made my kid happy(and I ain't gonna lie, I like to play too).

Comment

• Today's workout:

KB snatches, 3 x 10 each side
                          KB clean and press, 4 x 7
                          Pull-ups, 4 x 10
                          Goblet squats, 5 x 10
                          Push-ups, 40 - 20 - 15
                          Body rows, 4 or 5 x 10(I lost track in the middle)
                          Swings 1 x 50

Comment

• Demonbelle! Yikes!

Comment

• First for the negative: today was not very Primal.

But for the positive...I am a S'more making god!!!

Comment

• ^As every self respecting Dad should be.
                                Our boys love to have backyard bonfires and make s'mores. We can't wait for the 2 month burn ban to be over on May 15th.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010
                                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Working...
                                X