No announcement yet.

Skink's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm in about the same place as you Patrick. My workouts totally sucked over the winter, but I have stayed in about the same spot. Thankfully spring is here and my motivation to get moving is back.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Yesterday's workout:

Tabata snatches x 2
      Tabata swings x 2

1- 2 minute rest between tabatas.

I will be making a trip to Lowes to get sand this week. I'm also thinking of getting a heavier kettlebell, but we'll see.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Today's workout:

Double KB clean and press, 5 x 10
        Dumbbell rows, 4 x 12
        Suitcase squats, 5 x 12
        Push-ups, 1 x 40 - 1 x 20 - 1 x 12
        Walking goblet squats, 2 x 20(10 steps up and 10 steps back)
        KB swings, 1 x 60

77 degrees out while doing my workout(woohoo!!!). It was nice to wear shorts and a t-shirt again.

Comment

• I r jelus. Only about 60F up where I am. That said, it is happily Vibram weather and that ain't nothin'.
          August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
            I r jelus. Only about 60F up where I am. That said, it is happily Vibram weather and that ain't nothin'.
            60 ain't too bad. I'm with you on the vibram weather. I was getting tired of wearing the big and clunky(yet warm) shoes. I was seeing a correlation between thick soled shoes and an increase in lower back stiffness.

Oh...and now I can't get this image out of my head, thanks to you.

Comment

• Today's workout:

Dumbbell rows, 4 x 12
              Suitcase squats, 5 x 12
              Push-ups, 1 x 40 - 1 x 20 - 1 x 12

I felt pretty good. Warm out, but overcast. A little sunshine would be nice, though. The ground was a little soggy, but not bad. It rained on Wednesday, which was supposed to be my oldest's 1st soccer game. Unfortunately the game got cancelled due to lightning. Make-up game on Saturday, so it's ok.

Comment

• Today's workout:

Quadruple Tabata of swings

The most fun you can have in 16 minutes. It was in the low 40's out, yet I still managed to get the sweat dripping.

Comment

• What weight kettlebell are you using again?

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                    What weight kettlebell are you using again?
                    20 kg. I think that's somewhere between 40 and 45 pounds.

Comment

• Nice. That's a solid weight to use for Tabatas! (Especially 16 min worth... jebus, dude.)

Comment

• Today's workout:

Farmer's carry(carrying the kettlebells outside to the fire pit)
                        Dumbbell rows, 4 x 12
                        Goblet squats, 5 x 12
                        Push-ups, 1 x 40 - 1 x 20 - 1 x 15 - 1 x 10
                        Double KB walking lunges, 4 x 10
                        KB swings, 1 x 60
                        Farmer's carry(carrying kettlebells back to the garage)

Good workout today. Today was like the old days with the kids playing and watching me workout. The oldest shared an idea for an exercise with me. She said I should do push-ups while balancing a kettlebell on my back. I told her that is a pretty good idea, but that it would probably kill daddy at the moment.

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                        ... jebus, dude.)

HAHA...first I R Baboon and now Homer. Now I want to go watch the Simpsons.

Comment

• Your daughter sounds awesome!
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Killin' daddy? You better believe that's a paddlin'.

Comment

• Today's workout:

Warm-up - about 15 minutes of my kids beating me up.

Farmer's carry(carrying out the kettlebells)
                              Double KB clean and press, 6 x 10
                              Dumbbell rows, 5 x 12
                              Goblets squats, 5 x 12
                              Push-ups, 1 x 45 - 1 x 20 - 1 x 15
                              Double KB walking lunges, 2 x 20
                              KB swings, 1 x 60

In the 80's today, but with a strong wind blowing. The wind kept the sweat from pouring down. While I was doing the cleans and presses, my daughters where doing over head presses with logs for the fire pit. Then they found a worm crawling around and decided to use the logs to build a house around it to protect it from the birds. Then it got interesting. My oldest saw a blue bug on a big stone that she thought was a "pretty bug". Then her sister came over and smashed it with a log. Her sister yelled at her saying it was pretty and asked why she did it. She answered "But, I like seeing the yellow stuff squish out of them." That may have been the best answer I've heard. I did explain that we shouldn't squish bugs that aren't trying to hurt us.

Comment

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                                While I was doing the cleans and presses, my daughters where doing over head presses with logs for the fire pit.
                                Cutest. Mental. Image. Evar.

Comment

Working...
                                X