Skink's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
    Oh, and did I mention that I topped the ribs and sauce with bacon bits? Because I fucking did.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Exactly.
      August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Scrolling through and saw the Pittsburgh stuff. I was born and raised just southwest of the city. Hated going there, most confusing place to drive. I guess with so many bridges and rivers, it's hard to make parallel roads, but I think they should level it and start over. It does have a beautiful skyline though.

And Pittsburgher's put fries on everything! I moved to CA and kinda miss having fries on a salad (even though I don't eat them often it would be nice to have the option!)

Anyway, just wanted to say hi. Hope things work out with the job.

Comment

• Thanks KimT. Pittsburgh does look nice, but yes I did get lost(slightly). Make one wrong turn and you have to go ten miles out of your way to get back to the road you want to be on. there are supposed to be some really good farmer's markets there, so I may brave the trip again in the future.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• I hated going there for the same reason. Nothing like driving and then being faced with a do not enter sign and a one way street. Very difficult to get around. It was always a joke that you can't get there from here and usually it was the truth. I tried hard to not cross a river.

The farmers markets and co-op in town are supposed to be good and I have friends that go often. I worked out (my husband was a partner) at a great gym in Bridgeville if you're ever in the area and looking for something indoors. I saw the pics of your outdoor space (awesome by the way!) It's mainly a kb, ropes, trx type place. They are holding a kb comp this weekend too. It's also the home of the Pittsburgh barbell club. It's a great place and there are great people.

Comment

• I keep forgetting your in WV now. There may be a store that could help you with your winter shoe/boot dilemna. Shop The ROCKY Outlet Store There is an outlet store in Nelsonville, OH which is just north of Athens. I went to college in Athens so I remember going to Rocky Boots with some friends back in the mid 90's. Might be worth checking out.
              Georgette

Comment

• Jar of macadamia nuts says number of serving per container is 7. LIES!!!

Comment

• Mauna Loa Dark Chocolate-covered Macadamias.
                  Servings per bag: ONE

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                    Mauna Loa Dark Chocolate-covered Macadamias.
                    Servings per bag: ONE
                    That's kind of what I'm having. Eat a few macadamias followed by a bite of 90% chocolate.

Comment

• Today's workout:

Cement block clean and press, 4 x 15 - 4 x 10
                      cement block toss, 2 x 15
                      parallel pull-ups, 3 x 10
                      Goblet squats, 3 x 12
                      Push-ups, 25-20-20
                      KB Swings 3 x 30

So the block toss is with an old hollow rectangular block(i'm guessing about 35 lbs). I grab it and throw it over my head behind me as far as possible, then run to it as fast as I can and do it again x 15. The running to it adds a whole other dimension to the workout. I was getting pretty winded.

Went to another job interview yesterday. The guy said he is recommending me for hire and I should maybe hear something by tomorrow. The pay is absolute shit, but it's full time and has benefits. He did tell me that the company is in the process of a major expansion and will be looking to promote from within. I was a little worried at first when his first words to me were "You're over qualified for this job." We'll see what happens.

Comment

• Good luck man. Anything is better than nothing. Remember, you are in WV, the pay will be shit. I think the cost of living is lower there than it is here in central Ohio.
                        Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                          Cement block clean and press, 4 x 15 - 4 x 10
                          cement block toss, 2 x 15
                          parallel pull-ups, 3 x 10
                          Goblet squats, 3 x 12
                          Push-ups, 25-20-20
                          KB Swings 3 x 30
                          Your workouts still put mine to shame, so here's a friendly and admiring "fuck you, sir."

Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                          Went to another job interview yesterday. The guy said he is recommending me for hire and I should maybe hear something by tomorrow. The pay is absolute shit, but it's full time and has benefits. He did tell me that the company is in the process of a major expansion and will be looking to promote from within. I was a little worried at first when his first words to me were "You're over qualified for this job." We'll see what happens.
                          Starting low but having room for advancement is actually pretty kick-ass! What field would this be in, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm really rooting for you, Dave. Let us know what happens, no matter what. We're all hoping for the best for you and your family. (Also, I'm considering grabbing my parents' car in January and heading south. Let me know if you'd be game for a meetup, if this very tentative plan comes to fruition!)

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Haha...I take the "fuck you" as a true compliment.

The job would be in the distribution center for a big retailer. It's definitely entry level, but I can see working my way into other areas.

And yeah, if you happen to find yourself near Pittsburgh or surrounding areas let me know. I'd say I would show you the town, but I would probably get lost. I'm sure I could manage to find somewhere to buy you a beer though.

Comment

• I'll definitely let you know if I happen to be in the area, or if I outright plan to get my ass there in the near future.

Comment

• Today's workout:

Cement block clean and press, 10 x 10
                                Parallel pull-ups, 3 x 10
                                Cement block toss, 4 x 10
                                Goblet squat, 4 x 10
                                KB swings, 2 x 30

No more than 30-40 sec. break between sets.

The short breaks made it pretty tough today, but it felt good.

Made chilli for dinner. I kicked up the spices a bit since I was the only one eating it. It tasted good, but I still had a sweat going 10 minutes after I was done eating. Too spicy for the rest of the family, but good for me. Since I'm ok with dairy I put in some sour cream and shredded cheese, and then garnished with some green onions. It was a big pot, so I'll be eating leftovers for the next few days.

Comment

Working...
                                X