No announcement yet.

Skink's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physical went well. All the urine went into the cup without incident. Good thing I decided to give up meth, huh? Since I knew i would have to give a sample, I had been holding it in since leaving the house. By the time they called me back I was doing the dance in the lobby, and I begged to please do the urine screening first. the only minor glitch was that I had to have my BP taken again because it was too high the first time(which is weird for me since I've always been on the lower side). The problem was they took it immediately after the hearing test. That thing freaks me out and i always think I'm going to fail. I have had tinnitus since as far back as I can remember, and the tone that they are lightly playing in your ear for the test are very similar to the tones I hear all the time already. They said I passed, but I was actually sweating while sitting in the booth trying to concentrate. So there was a bit of a fight or flight thing still going on when they wanted to test the BP. they did it again a little latter and I was back to normal, so crisis averted.

I got to go into Pittsburgh for the test. It is a very confusing city, but I only got mildly lost and only added about 15 minutes onto the drive. It's actually a really nice looking city. I had a nice view from the doctor's office.

Here is the stadium(Guess I have to be a Steelers fan now)

And here is the downtown skyline.

I was going to workout, but I feel like shit. Since my youngest is now in preschool AKA "The Petri Dish", she already brought a bug home. First her, then the oldest, and now me. Fun times. I still will be cooking up some steaks here in a little bit, so it's not all bad.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• You can always be a Browns or Bengals fan. Or be like me, just don't affiliate yourself with any pro football team and then start watching during playoffs. I actually prefer that really. No one gets hurt and you don't feel bad when your team loses.
      Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
        You can always be a Browns or Bengals fan. Or be like me, just don't affiliate yourself with any pro football team and then start watching during playoffs. I actually prefer that really. No one gets hurt and you don't feel bad when your team loses.
        Well the Bengals are out for me ever since the Icky Shuffle. That just ruined them for me forever. I actually like the Steelers, and I won't stop liking my Dolphins(no matter how bad they are). And I'm not one of those fans that gets all butt-hurt when my team loses or someone criticizes them. It's just a game that's meant to be fun for me.

Today's workout:

Cement brick clean and press, 5 x 10
        Chin-ups, 3 x 10
        Push-ups, 20-20-15
        One leg squats, 4 x 10

Today's workout was short and to the point. Today was my first day not feeling like crap and all congested, so I didn't want to over do it. I feel pretty good now.

Yesterday I made pulled pork from this recipe at Everyday Paleo. It turned out fucking awesome. Just had some leftovers again tonight. It's cheap, easy, and taste awesome, so it may be a new staple around here.

Tomorrow we are taking the kids to The Old Time Fair that's nearby. The oldest went today with her class and brought home a beef chart from there. With any luck I will find a local farm to get beef from cheap.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Got back from the fair. It was smaller than I had expected, but it was fun. We're going to call this a carb re-feed day. Lets see, I had a sloppy joe(yes, on a bun), some fudge, nachos with cheese, some fudge, french fries, and what was that other thing....oh yeah, some fudge. In my defense, it was both chocolate and peanut butter fudge. I did mange to avoid the caramel apples, ice cream, and kettle corn. I may have some more fudge in a little while, you know, to make sure I get rid of it all so it won't be in the house anymore. I don't want everyone being tempted by it. I'm like a hero when you think about it.

Back to the clean eating tomorrow.

Comment

• Today's workout:

Painted a shed.

OK, so not much of a workout, but at least I wasn't sitting on my ass all day.

Soooooo much fudge was eaten yesterday. I can easily I am DONE with fudge.....until Christmas

Comment

• You had a fudge weekend; I had a poutine weekend. Ugh. I still feel gross.
              August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                You had a fudge weekend; I had a poutine weekend. Ugh. I still feel gross.
                It reminds us that we don't want to do it all the time.

They don't call it poutine around here, but french fries and gravy is really popular in the Northern WV/Pittsburgh area. I wonder if there is some Canadian influence in the area's past? It's a big hockey town, so maybe all the players that come down here left there mark(Mario Lemieux is a legend around here).

Comment

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                  It reminds us that we don't want to do it all the time.

They don't call it poutine around here, but french fries and gravy is really popular in the Northern WV/Pittsburgh area. I wonder if there is some Canadian influence in the area's past? It's a big hockey town, so maybe all the players that come down here left there mark(Mario Lemieux is a legend around here).
                  Possibly! I know fries and gravy is big in different places, but poutine has one more component: it's a bed of fries, then cheese curds, then gravy.

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                    Possibly! I know fries and gravy is big in different places, but poutine has one more component: it's a bed of fries, then cheese curds, then gravy.
                    Mmmmmmm....Cheese curd. Never had them that way, but it sounds good. I may have to try it.

OK. A serious question for all my Northern friends, since I am new at this. What would be a good minimalist footwear option for the winter months? I don't see the KSOs being a good choice in the snow.

Comment

• I know of some people who wear Merrels(not sure if I spelled it correctly) in winter. I work with a woman who loves them and swears by them. The only minimalist type shoes I wear are my Chucks or my Pumas. Everything else is a normal type shoe.
                      Georgette

Comment

• I'm also interested in the responses you get, Dave. I need me a minimalist winter shoe. I wore my Docs for the first time today and my feet are killing me. Fucking shoes.

Comment

• Today's Workout:

Warm-up of stretching, joint mobility, and a farmer's carry of 2 kettlebells outside from the garage.

Tabata KB Snatch
                          Cement block clean and press, 6 x 10
                          Tabata KB Swings
                          Push-ups, 3 x 20
                          Dumbbell rows, 2 x 15
                          Double KB front Squats, 2 x 10
                          Goblet squats, 3 x 15
                          ...and finally another farmer's carry with 2 KBs back to the garage.

Still looking around for a minimalist winter footwear option. I doubt I would find anything local, but maybe somewhere online. I kind of remember a minimalist "barefoot" hiking boot by someone, maybe Merrell, but not positive.

Comment

• Every now and then I input my days food into a tracker to see what it looks like.

OH MY GOD!!! LOOK AT ALL THAT FAT!!! ALMOST 60% OF MY CALORIES!!!

Now I'm going to get an e-mail warning me how unhealthy I am eating.

Comment

• Dave, you and I need to live closer together. I just made 2.5 lb of ribs, braised in a beer spicy Cairbbean sauce made by a guy here in Ottawa. Tossed in some broccoli, red onion and red pepper after 1 hr. Kept cooking it for 30 min. Removed lid and kept going for another 20 min. Then broiled for 3 minutes. Oh, and did I mention that I topped the ribs and sauce with bacon bits? Because I fucking did. I ate half of it and it fucking ruled. The problem is that no one appreciates my genius.

Comment

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                                Every now and then I input my days food into a tracker to see what it looks like.

OH MY GOD!!! LOOK AT ALL THAT FAT!!! ALMOST 60% OF MY CALORIES!!!

Now I'm going to get an e-mail warning me how unhealthy I am eating.
                                Hahahaha! LE FUQ YEAH!

Comment

Working...
                                X