No announcement yet.

Skink's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn, that's a wicked workout. You don't fuck around. How many rounds did you do, if you don't mind me asking?

Tonight, I'm eatin' lots. I've got some leftover pork ribs and I've thawed out two big beef ribs. Will use up a bunch of veggies and go to town.

...dammit. I'm hungry now, though!
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• It's too hard to try and keep track of rounds, but I would estimate between 10 and 15 rounds. So lets call it 12.5 rounds.

Mmmmmmm....ribs.
      My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• It makes me tired just thinking about it!
        I have yet to feel a real desire to work out. My physical activity is walking, and I'll be adding swimming in now that summer is here. I do weights once a week, but not because I WANT to . Still waiting to get to that point, but when I do, I'll have lots of inspiration here!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
          It makes me tired just thinking about it!
          I have yet to feel a real desire to work out. My physical activity is walking, and I'll be adding swimming in now that summer is here. I do weights once a week, but not because I WANT to . Still waiting to get to that point, but when I do, I'll have lots of inspiration here!
          I never thought of myself as inspirational, so thanks. Watch out, this fitness stuff is addicting.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Today's workout:

Warm-up -- 2 mile walk with the puppy

Tabata Sledgehammer
            KB Snatches, 2 x 20 each side
            Double KB Clean and Press, 3 x 10
            Chin-ups, 3 x 10
            Goblet Squats, 4 x 10

Hot as balls out today, and I even got an earlier start. I can only imagine if I had waited until noon. I was going to do some more stuff, but I was getting drained from the heat and lots of sweating. The push-ups and swings got cut, but I'll make up for it the next time.

Just got out of the shower and ate a banana. Going to have some eggs and 2 leftover chicken sausages with sun dried tomatoes for the rest of breakfast. In-laws, knowing money is tight, sent some money for the wife and I to go and have dinner and get some time out of the house together. My in-laws are the best people I know. I think we are going to do Outback so I can stay relatively primal. No Bloomin' Onion though, just a large steak and a potato(or sweet potato if they'll substitute it).

Comment

• That's great of them to do that! Definitely make sure you and the wife take time when you need it -- not despite how stressful things have been but especially due to how stressful things have been. Also, it doesn't have to be fancy or anything -- just time that's yours.

I haven't seriously worked out this week. I'm trying a lil' experiment in shaking things up. I've up'd my walking (doing 5.5k a day, walking downtown to work) and dropped LHT for the most part. I'll do some tomorrow but I didn't do anything on Weds. I'm curious to start changing days -- you know, throw my body for a loop. I think I've been too consistent with it, and that's across the board. I've been thinking too much about shit instead of just doing. So that's my new philosophy: "Less think, more do."

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Patrick didn't comment because he's a gentleman. <3

Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                And fear it you should.

dude i do that all the time!!
                ok, of course i'm j/k! i should work on that. it's something i could potentially work my way up to.
                my primal journal:
                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
                  ok, of course i'm j/k! i should work on that. it's something i could potentially work my way up to.
                  I'll be honest, I had no idea that was even an exercise. I watched it and thought, "Uh, is she serious?" I didn't stop watching of course.

Comment

• My first thought was, "does she want to know what it's like to be the bar?"
                    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
                      Patrick didn't comment because he's a gentleman. <3
                      Yes! That's me. ...like a sir.

Comment

• my primal journal:
                        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Heh Exactly! Need to photoshop a kettlebell in his hand instead of a wine glass... though I do love me some wine....

Comment

• HAHA...if only I had some photoshop skills. That guy with a kettlebell in his hand would be my new avatar.

Saoirse, I think we will need some video of you working on your glute bridge exercises...you know, to make sure your using proper form and all.

Well, change of plans. We did lunch out instead of dinner. Went to an all you can eat Argentinian grilled meat place. It was pretty damn good, although they may change the all you can eat part after I made like thirty trips. Then the wife got desert and I order a cappuccino. THEY PUT FUCKING CHOCOLATE SYRUP IN THE CAPPUCCINO! Since when is that an ingredient in cappuccino? So I ended up with a mild dose of HFCS in my coffee, but I guess that isn't the worst that could happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                              Saoirse, I think we will need some video of you working on your glute bridge exercises...you know, to make sure your using proper form and all.
                              Agreed. We wouldn't want you to get injured. We care!

Now get on that video, stat.

Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                              Well, change of plans. We did lunch out instead of dinner. Went to an all you can eat Argentinian grilled meat place. It was pretty damn good, although they may change the all you can eat part after I made like thirty trips. Then the wife got desert and I order a cappuccino. THEY PUT FUCKING CHOCOLATE SYRUP IN THE CAPPUCCINO! Since when is that an ingredient in cappuccino?
                              Second part first: it isn't an ingredient. Very weird. Maybe they heard mocca-something? I don't even know what coffees are out there. I like Americano, because it's basically just strong coffee.

That restaurant sounds like a wicked choice. If I opened a restaurant, I'd call it "All You Can Meat" or, even better: "Eat My Meat."

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                                even better: "Eat My Meat."
                                I can't wait to see the commercials for that restaurant!

Oh, I never even came close to saying mocha anything. It being an Argentinian restaurant there was a little bit of language barrier, but he seemed to speak english pretty well. At the grill I saw something I didn't recognize so I say "what is that?" Answer: "Intestine" Me: "Hmmm...I think I'll stick to ribs and skirt steak, thanks."

Comment

Working...
                                X