No announcement yet.

Skink's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember, the heavier the weight the more the momentum of the swing is going to pull you down. Her form look real good to me. I often go further also, but I imagine it's because of the weight. Don't let the size of the kettlebell fool you. Those look like competition style kettlebells so the are big no matter the weight. In competition the bells are all a standard size regardless of weight. I've also heard that people who do compete in Girevoy sports learn to minimize their movement to conserve energy. She may be just that good.

Here's a picture where the heavier weight pulls him further into the swing:

And Patrick, I show you a video of a hot chick working out and your only observation is a comment on her technique?
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
      And Patrick, I show you a video of a hot chick working out and your only observation is a comment on her technique?
      How's the saying go? Something like, "If you only noticed her technique I have some bad news for you..."

Comment

• Meh. Commenting about a chick on the Internets is like commenting on a single M&M in a Bulk Barn: If I took the time to comment on each, I'd need a good 700 lifetimes. She was hot I guess but nothing that blew my mind. The world's full of hot. I live in a city with a population of 750,000... and we have two universities and a college. I don't needs da Intarweebs.
        August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
          Meh. Commenting about a chick on the Internets is like commenting on a single M&M in a Bulk Barn: If I took the time to comment on each, I'd need a good 700 lifetimes. She was hot I guess but nothing that blew my mind. The world's full of hot. I live in a city with a population of 750,000... and we have two universities and a college. I don't needs da Intarweebs.
          Ah, I live in a town where the average woman is either 68 or 19 and unmarried with 3 kids and one on the way. Without the internets I'd think attractive women did not exist.

Comment

• What's all this kettlebell talk? I just saw a hot chick gyrating for my amusement.
            If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
              What's all this kettlebell talk? I just saw a hot chick gyrating for my amusement.
              HAHA...glad I could help.

Was she the hottest girl I've ever seen? No, but I just really dig a strong woman. It's one of my things. And the fact that she was doing a workout that I would do was the icing on the cake.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• The icing on the cake for me was the anxiety/fear that slapping her a** would cause it to slap back.

Comment

• And fear it you should.

Comment

• Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
                    The icing on the cake for me was the anxiety/fear that slapping her a** would cause it to slap back.
                    Hahaha! True, true.

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                      And fear it you should.

I do these sometimes, though never in a gym or with dead weights. A couple times in a field, but other than that, never in public.

Comment

• Turkish Get-ups with the kettlebell. I want to know where that found a gym that lets you workout barefoot.

Comment

• 715 FUCKING POUNDS AND HE'S DOING FUCKING REPS WITH IT LIKE A NORMAL FUCKING WORKOUT!!!

Comment

• Well, I mean with a name like Zydrunas Savickas, it's almost unfair to the other competitors. "My name is Zydrunas Savickas, I am a husband to a murdered wife, father to a murdered son, and squatter of import cars."

Comment

• Sweet jesus! That guy has gone from homo sapiens sapiens to homo monstrous.

Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
                              Well, I mean with a name like Zydrunas Savickas, it's almost unfair to the other competitors. "My name is Zydrunas Savickas, I am a husband to a murdered wife, father to a murdered son, and squatter of import cars."
                              Very much this. As soon as I heard the name, I'm like "If this were D&D, that'd be a Name of Power +5."

Comment

• Today's workout:
                                Warm-up -- about a 2 mile walk with the dog

Max rounds in 20 minutes

Sledgehammer, 5 swings each side
                                KB Snatch. 5 each side
                                5 Goblet Squats
                                5 Push-ups
                                2 Pull-ups(Alternating each round with Chin-ups)

Felt good today. I pushed myself pretty well. The only real rest I took was when I would walk across the yard from where I do the sledghammer and kettlebell to the other side and do the push-ups and pull-ups and then walk back. This is a pretty leg intensive workout. The sledgehemmer and snatches work the legs more than some people think. By the time you get to the goblet squats you really feel them.

Worked out at noon exactly, so it was plenty hot. It was at about hour 15 of a fast. Afterwards I ate a banana and took a cold shower. I like taking a cold shower after a workout, but the water out of the tap doesn't exactly get ice cold in FL. You get a minute of cold and then it turns more of a lukewarm. I waited about another hour and half after the shower before eating breakfast(or lunch, I guess), 3 eggs scrambled, 5 strips of bacon, and about 4 or 5 bites of mashed potatoes. Later on for dinner will be a large piece of meat and a big ass salad.

Comment

Working...
                                X