• Show
Clear All

• Today's workout:

Double KB Clean and Press, 4 x 10
    Pull-ups, 10-10
    Chin-ups, 8-7
    Push-ups, 20-20-15-10-10
    KB Front Squats, 2 x 10

I meant to do more, but I got interrupter by my wife with stuff. Felt good to be active non the less. It was in the upper 80's today with no breeze, so good and hot. Perfect time to do a 12:30 workout in the sun.

***WARNING: WHINNY SELF PITYING AHEAD*** Today was a shitty day. Started in the morning with an argument with the wife about nothing. But that started it off. Was having a real "World is crashing down around me" kind of day. I have a lot of shit that is bottled up inside right now, and sometimes it's hard to keep it all in. I always feel like I have to be the pillar of strength and calm in the family. That kind of leaves me with no outlet for all this shit. I think that is why I like doing my workout in the hottest part of the day. The more grueling the workout, the more I can get out of my own head while doing it. As much as I know I shouldn't over do the workouts when I'm already dealing with a bunch of stress and I don't need to add too much more, I need it to deal with that stress. For a half hour today i wasn't a guy that just lost his job and is trying to sort his life out. I was just a guy sweating his ass off lifting weights. All I was thinking about was "damn it's hot, and this these kettlebells are starting to get heavy." And thinking about my form. Making each clean and press as clean and perfect form as possible. Ok, enough feeling sorry for myself.

So I had fasted all day today. Worked out fasted, and then just wasn't ready to eat after the workout. I ended up skipping my mid-day breakfast/lunch. I did make dinner a little earlier then normal. Started with a big ass salad. I was out of my good olive oil, and only had the real light flavored stuff I use for making mayo. I had made some bacon bits to put on the salad, so I decided to use half bacon grease and half olive oil for dressing the salad. It was pretty fucking good. Not that it's surprising that bacon grease makes stuff taste good. After that I made a London Broil and roasted sweet potatoes, and i had large portions of both. For desert I had a few squares of dark chocolate, so I'm in a better mood now.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Damn, sorry your day was so shitty man. Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better though.

Comment

• It started shitty, but it actually ended well. Good time with the kids in the evening(when they weren't trying to kill each other).

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• sorry you're dealing with that. we know what unemployment feels like in this house, and it sucks. glad the day ended well.
          my primal journal:
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Shitty days happen; nothing to apologize about there! Glad the day ended well. Sometimes how you feel heading to bed is the most important thing. It can shape the next morning, I find.
            August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Thanks everyone. It's comforting to know there is a place I can vent.

Today is a better day. It is our 16 year anniversary. To broke to have any real celebration, so we put the six year old in charge of the party planning. We will be ordering Chinese food, getting some form of sugary desert from the store(most likely something from the bakery), and watching Aladin on DVD. So, a big night planned.

Comment

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                Thanks everyone. It's comforting to know there is a place I can vent.

Today is a better day. It is our 16 year anniversary. To broke to have any real celebration, so we put the six year old in charge of the party planning. We will be ordering Chinese food, getting some form of sugary desert from the store(most likely something from the bakery), and watching Aladin on DVD. So, a big night planned.

well, let the good times roll!

Happy Anniversary!

Comment

• Happy Anniversary! I love kid run parties.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Sounds like a good anniversary to me. I'm trying to remember a time when I or a significant other had planned "something big" and it ended up being better than a meal at home and curling up on the couch with a movie.

... nope, can't think of anything.

Have a great one!

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Thought of you when I saw this, Dave, and if I had stairs, I'd want this:

Comment

• Patrick, those stairs are AWESOME!!! If I ever build a house that will be a definite addition.

Today's workout:

Warm-up: 2.5 mile walk with the puppy(our usual)

Tabata Snatches
                        Tabata Swings
                        Push-ups, 20-20-15
                        Chin-ups, 8-8
                        Goblet Squats, 2 x 15

Very hot, sunny, and humid as fuck out today. I started my workout all motivated and ready to do a big one, but the energy drained out of me pretty quick. I think I was dehydrated. In fact I'm pretty certain of it. I need to remember to have more liquids in the morning prior to a workout(especially with the heat), other than coffee. So short workout, punctuated with nausea and fatigue, but lesson learned for next time.

Comment

• that's awesome! but all i can think of is kids trying to climb it and falling down the stairs.
                          my primal journal:
                          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Today's workout:

Warm-up - 2 mile or so walk with the dog and 10-15 minutes stretching and joint mobility stuff

3 sets each side of 5 swings, 5 high pulls, 5 snatches, 5 clean and press, 5 lunges
                            Pull-ups, 10-10-7
                            Push-ups, 35-20-15
                            Goblet squats, 2 x 20

Not a long workout, but it did the trick. It was hot and humid again today, but there was a little breeze and i found a little bit of shade to stand in. Still don't think I'm drinking enough water. I switched to the goblet squats lately to put a little extra on the upper body. Doing the longer sets to work the legs and having to hold the weight out in front of me makes it that much harder.

Oh, and once I get all the personal life crap settled I'm going to build me a monster sandbag. I'm thinking at least 150 lbs. And since moving up north is looking like the plan, I have plans for the in-laws 20 acres. Hill sprints of course. I'm going to run a rope between 2 trees to hang and climb on. Build a nice pull-up and dip bar. And maybe a weighted sled for pushing across the open field. Lots of plans, but still waiting to see how things pan out.

Comment

• I know things are the best right now, but I'm completely in love with your plans making some good, practical use of some of your in-laws' space! Stringing a rope is brilliant!

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                                I know things are the best right now, but I'm completely in love with your plans making some good, practical use of some of your in-laws' space! Stringing a rope is brilliant!
                                Yeah, It kind of makes me look forward to the move.

In other news, now i really want to grow a beard just to do this

Comment

Working...
                                X