No announcement yet.

Skink's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks everyone. And the John Lee Hooker hit the spot .

Interview went well. The guy doing the interview was a former cop himself who found himself where he is now because of a similar situation, so he was very sympathetic. I was worried they would say I was over qualified or would be too disappointed with the pay to stay long and not hire me. If the final decision were his I would have the job today, but it has to go through Human Resources for the final say. Should hear something no later than Monday. It's only at about 1/3 of my former pay, but it's something for now. It is entry level with the possibility of future advancement. In the mean time I will continue looking everywhere else. Moving up north is looking better and better. Actually, this job is with a large company that has locations nationwide, so maybe if i get on here i can transfer to a location up north when the time comes.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• very un-primal day today. It started out good, and I had every plan to stay clean, but things happen. My daughter had an assembly today at school where she was recognized for her success in the accelerated reading program. One of the things they gave her was for a discount at Yo-Blendz. Not sure if they have those other places or not. It is a frozen yogurt place where you basically build your own sunday with about a thousand different toppings, and they charge you buy how much it weighs. Well I managed to build a sunday that would have made the gods weep. And this was before ever eating dinner. I know I will be hungry later, so I still plan on making dinner. I was planning on burgers(no bun of course) with pepper jack cheese and salsa, with a salad. I'll still make them, just maybe not eat as much as I would have.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Yeah, I've been unPrimal today, too. I'm about 5 pints in, 3 whiskeys, 1 glass of wine. Think I'll top it off with some stupid food. It always makes me regret it, but damn if it doesn't boost positive Primal eating in the days to come.

Your resolve to accept less pay is freakin' amazing. It's a hard thing to do -- I know; I've been there. However, you gotta do what you gotta do. It isn't about pride or ego. It's about necessity, and the short-term. G'luck, my friend. Fire me a message if you ever need to vent or talk.
        August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• My blog: My Primal Adventure

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
            I'm about 5 pints in, 3 whiskeys, 1 glass of wine.
            If I did that I think I would be dead.

Yeah, pride and ego are out the window. I'm just a guy trying to take care of his family. Thanks for your support. I'm glad I have you all hear for when I need to vent my spleen.

Comment

• It sounds like the interview went well. That pay sucks but as you said, it is something. Keep trucking dude, something will turn up.

Comment

• I'm just waiting to hear back from our local fro-yo chain about their nutrition facts. We're planning an end-of-school treat soon, and I want to know what I'm getting myself into. It is really not the worst, if you've got the carbs to spare and stick to the fruit and nuts, and not the CANDY (oh, my goodness, the candy! They have every kind of horribly yummy thing you can imagine!).

Comment

• Unfortunately I did not stick to the fruit and nuts. I went with chocolate yogurt with M&M's, chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, chocolate chip cookies, crushed kit kat bars, crushed up waffle cone, and topped with hot caramel. So.....almost primal, right?

Comment

• That depends. Did you eat it with your hands?

Comment

• Well my kids looked like they did. I'm pretty sure more chocolate syrup landed on their shirts than made it into their mouths.

Comment

• Ate a couple of burgers last night. the combination of pepper jack cheese and real salsa(not the Pace crap) made them pretty damn good. Just a touch of the excess sugar hangover feeling today. There is just a tiny bit of congestion lingering now, so I am debating if I should go do a light workout today. Maybe I'll just do a park day with the kids and my workout could be just playing with them. That's if the weather holds. It's been raining like 10 motherfuckers the last week. It's sunny now, but you never know.

Comment

• 10 motherfuckers huh? What exactly does this unit of measurement equate to?

How many motherfuckers in a shit-ton for example?

How many assloads in a motherfucker?

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                            10 motherfuckers huh? What exactly does this unit of measurement equate to?

How many motherfuckers in a shit-ton for example?

How many assloads in a motherfucker?
                            I believe that 10 motherfuckers is roughly half a metric fuck-ton

Comment

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                              I believe that 10 motherfuckers is roughly half a metric fuck-ton
                              Measurements and Equivalencies Canada has confirmed this to be true: There are 20 motherfuckers in a metric fuck-ton.
                              August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Thanks Patrick. You Canadians and your math skills. You know us Americans aren't very good at those metric conversions.

Today's Workout:

About 5 minutes of stretching and jump rope to warm up

Max rounds in 15 minutes
                                2 Chin-ups
                                5 Push-ups
                                10 Squats

First day after a long break, so I didn't go balls to the wall. Decent pace but not break neck speed by any means. I can only imagine what I looked like in my warm up. I couldn't find my jump rope, so I had to use the pink and purple Dora the Explorer one. I'm sure I looked just adorable.

No park today. Just to much busy work at home, and then the little one fell asleep. We just did some backyard playing. We'll try and do it tomorrow. Saturday is farmer's market day anyway.
                                Last edited by skink531; 05-25-2012, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X