• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that would be so much fun!
    my primal journal:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• I agree with Saoirse: could be anything minor you'd not even think of. I'm not saying diet shift to Primal wouldn't help, but could be something even simpler.

re: the pool: I want to go there.
      August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Yeah, I figured the trigger would probably be something environmental that we could try and eliminate the best we can, but some things(pollen for example) there really isn't a lot I can do unless I lock her in a room with a HEPA filter. I keep reading all these stories of people who no longer need allergy and asthma meds when they switch to a Primal lifestyle. I just don't like the idea of her needing two medications every morning forever. Not to mention, i want them all to have the other life-long health benefits I am experiencing.
        My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• oh right. my son isn't 100% primal, but he doesn't need a daily medication. he has an allergy med which he takes when we know we're going to expose him to his allergens, but otherwise it's just a rescue inhaler once in a while. HEPA air purifiers, weekly cleaning (vacuuming, wet dusting, washing bedding in HOT water, etc.) may help if she's allergic to dust mites or environmental allergens which are accumulating in the house. also, i'm thinking about saving up to get him allergy shots. an adult friend of the family has asthma but doesn't even remember how to treat it because he hadn't had a need since he started getting allergy shots as a kid.

wrt diet, at the younger ages food allergies can make a difference too. a food allergy isn't likely to cause an asthma attack directly, but it will increase the inflammation in the diet and make your kid that much more likely to reach the tipping point. and sugar makes a big difference as well wrt inflammation.
          my primal journal:

Comment

• Hey, Dave... just had a thought. Was your daughter's issue on the same night you made those stuffed peppers? Has she had any other minor breathing issues after having eaten peppers, tomatoes, eggplant, etc? Possibly a nightshade thing, is what I'm thinking. Not entirely, but perhaps nightshades exacerbate it?

Hope she's feeling better and that a diet shift (at least a three-week trial run should be agreeable to your wife) sorts things out!

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
              Hey, Dave... just had a thought. Was your daughter's issue on the same night you made those stuffed peppers? Has she had any other minor breathing issues after having eaten peppers, tomatoes, eggplant, etc? Possibly a nightshade thing, is what I'm thinking. Not entirely, but perhaps nightshades exacerbate it?

Hope she's feeling better and that a diet shift (at least a three-week trial run should be agreeable to your wife) sorts things out!
              No, this is something that's been coming on for a while. It's been coming slowly, so we always thought maybe allergies, or just thinking she's been getting a lot of colds recently. I think that now that we know we can do something about it. I'll be going to get a new vacuum with a HEPA filter and upgrading our A/C filters, and maybe gets some other air filters for her room.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• I have eaten so much easter candy tonight that it's not even funny. It's not even good quality candy! CANT.STOP.EATING.IT.

Comment

• ha! you sound like me last Halloween. every easter i buy a ton of candy, but this year i've toned it down quite a bit, and included pistachios-in-shell (the kids love those, but we never buy them). it's all good, organic-ish stuff but they've already had so much sugar.
                  my primal journal:

Comment

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                    I have eaten so much easter candy tonight that it's not even funny. It's not even good quality candy! CANT.STOP.EATING.IT.
                    Well, at least Easter is only once a year. Next year just eat the Easter Bunny...totally primal.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                      Next year just eat the Easter Bunny...totally primal.
                      That's the kind of karmic balance that hits me. . . right here, man. Right here. <taps his stomach emotionally>

Comment

• The diet so far today has consisted of hard-boiled eggs and massive amounts of chocolate. The amount of methane gas I will be producing today will be reaching epic proportions. Please keep all open flames away from the skink household.

Yes, I will be considering setting snares in the backyard for next Easter. Instead of the traditional Easter ham we will be having hasenpfeffer.

Comment

• LOL good luck with any gas leaks. Happy Easter!

Comment

• Ughhh....crappy chocolate hangover today. I think a little while of fasting is in order. With the exception of coffee, that is.

Comment

• My 3 year old just described me as a big kid daddy. That made me happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                                My 3 year old just described me as a big kid daddy. That made me happy.
                                Nice! Good to know you are keeping young at heart.

Comment

Working...
                                X