No announcement yet.

Skink's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The $85 price tag has been the biggest hurdle. I've tried to explain that I'm perfectly able to look where I'm going and not step on shit. For some reason she sees the streets as being covered with tons of dangerous debris, and I'm am basically running through a mine field. I'm like "Where the hell do you think we live?" It's a nice, quiet, clean suburban neighborhood. She doesn't even like to go in our own backyard without shoes(There might be bees, or a rock!!!)

Oh, and drop-kicking a meat grinder? Now I know what I'm doing this weekend!!!
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• I'm out barefoot in summer most of the time. Been that way since I was little.
      Georgette

Comment

• So true.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• haha that is worth keeping, thanks!
          Depression Lies

Comment

• LOL nicely done Dave. Awesome.

Comment

• Today's workout:

Tabata Snatches X 2
              Tabata Swings X 2
              Pull-ups, 10-10-10-7
              Push-ups, 25-25-20-20-
              Dumbbell Rows, 3 x 10
              Sandbag Thrusters, 3 x 10
              Split Squats w/Bulgarian bag, 3 x 10

So worked out earlier in the day, only a couple of hours after breakfast. Felt a little sluggish at the start. I feel better in a bit more of a fasted stated. Either before eating breakfast in the morning, or with a good 6-8 hours without eating. I'm pretty sure that works best for me.

Last night for dinner I made flat iron steaks(just a quick sear in the skillet), mashed sweet potatoes, and a salad. The sweet potatoes came out really good. I put just a bit of honey in with some cinnamon. Not so much honey as to make them super sweet, but a table spoon or two for the pot. My wife complained that her steak was too rare. I even left hers in longer that mine. I thought it looked like a good medium rare-almost full medium. Over cooking a steak is blasphemy, and I won't do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                Over cooking a steak is blasphemy, and I won't do it.
                May all the gods of this Earth bless ye.
                August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Today's Workout:

100 Snatches - Time: 4:49
                  150 Swings - Time: 6:10
                  Double KB Clean and press, 3 x 10
                  Pull-ups, 11-10-8-7
                  Push-ups, 30-20-20-15
                  Split Squats w/Bulgarian Bag, 3 x 10

Felt good today, especially considering I am getting over a grain/sugar hangover. It was the wife's B-day yesterday and it was the kids choice for the party. Pizza, cake and ice cream, and roasted marshmallows around the fire pit in the backyard. We all had a good time. I'm beyond the point of feeling guilty about what I eat or worrying about gaining weight again, but I know when I eat that crap I'm going to feel like shit after. It's like when I used to get drunk, I knew what was coming after but did it anyway.

Comment

• So well said, Dave. I get that "why did I do this again?!" feeling. SAD Remorse, as it were.

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• No workout today, just relaxing. Yesterday we went to the beach. Yeah, suck on that all you yankee snow birds!!! It was fun. There were some pretty big swells coming in, so not a lot of swimming. the kids had a lot of fun just standing in knee deep eater and letting the waves come in a knock them down. Lots of sandcastle building also. I put sunscreen on the kids, but none on myself. Got a little pick on the back of the neck and shoulders, but not like a real sunburn or anything. After the beach I rented a canoe and took them for a ride back through the mangrove canals to look at some wildlife. All in all, everyone had fun.

Oh, and Patrick would have felt right at home there. I think I saw more Canadian tags on cars then I saw Florida tags.

So no workout today, but I got some workout yesterday standing in the waves and holding the kids(really works the core), so I guess that counts.

Comment

• Seriously, man... Canadians contribute more to Florida's GDP (or whatever) than the export of oranges do.

Comment

• haha...yes, I suppose I should be thanking you and countrymen for spending your dollars down here(especially since I'm sure the Canadian dollar is worth more than ours right now). Since half the houses here are in foreclosure and no one is paying their property taxes, the tourist money is all that's keeping the state afloat. Besides, it gives my wife a chance to use the French she took back in high school.

Comment

• Today's workout:

4 sets each side w/KB's of 5 Swings, 5 High-pulls, 5 Snatches, 5 Clean and Press, 5 Lunges
                            Push-ups, 25-25-15-15
                            Pull-ups, 10-10-7
                            Bulgarian bag Front Squats, 3 x 20

Today's workout felt meh. Not my best day, so didn't really do a lot. Didn't sleep well last night. Lots of coughing, drainage, and upper chest congestion. A little left over today, but not bad. Just tired from lack of sleep. Is it possible the others weren't just kidding, and Canio got us all sick through the internet? I mean, I've heard it is just a serious of tubes connecting us, so I guess in theory it is possible.

Comment

• So Guinness is Primal, right? Had 4 pints last night in honor of the day. I know, I'm a light weight and I'm a disgrace to my family heritage. 4 was plenty for me. I enjoyed them and didn't have to worry about the negative effects in the morning.

Took the kids to a birthday party yesterday at one of the oldest's classmates house. I've never seen people act so weird that I didn't want to eat the crap they were serving. If it's my birthday, my kids, my wife, or anyone I give a crap about, I can see a good excuse to indulge in crap. But I don't even know you people, so don't act all offended that I said no to the Papa John's Pizza. It's not like you slaved away in the kitchen making it yourself. The 5 foot tall 300 lb grandmother said "oh don't worry, it wont make you fat." Yeah, I know it wont make me fat(cuz i ain't eatin' it), but it is doing a number on you.

Workout later today. Going to do more of a conditioning/tabata filled thing today.

Oh, in other new, I finally ordered me a pair of VFF's. On sale for $70 with free shipping, so not too bad. Like i said before, less of a stigma to be the guy with funny shoes than the nut running around with no shoes.

Comment

• 4 is a respectable number. No shame in that. As for Papa John's...do you have any idea how long they slaved over that cold phone to order that pizza?! They were on hold for 45 seconds! Forty. Five. Seconds!

Grats on the VFFs, but they are not funny shoes. They are awesome shoes.

Comment

Working...
                                X