• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
    Need to win the lottery.
    You and me both my friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
      You and me both my friend.
      Well, if I ever hit the power ball I promise to share.

Yesterdays workout:

Tabata snatches X3 (1 min break after each)
      Double Tabata swings
      pull-ups, 10-8-5
      Push-ups, 25-20-15
      Dumbbell rows, 3 sets of 10
      Sandbag thrusters, 4 sets of 10
      Squats with Bulgarian bag on shoulder ans KB in opposite hand, 4 sets of 10

Took about a half hour or so break and then took the dog for about an hour walk. For dinner I made another roasted chicken with mashed sweat potatoes. It was pretty Google. I prefer red meat, but at about a dollar a pound, beggars can't be choosers.
      My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Heh Did you mean to say "pretty good"? I do shit like that all the time. Stupid brain thinking things while I'm trying to boobs.

. . . I mean "write."
        August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Haha....no, my stupid phone thinks it's a smarter than I am and writes what it wants.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Today's workout:

Quadruple Tabata Snatches(16 minutes that feels like an eternity)
            Double Tabata Swings
            Pull-ups, 11-8(short break to help carry in groceries)-7-6
            Push-ups, 25-20-15
            Sandbag Thrusters, 3 sets of 10
            Bulgarian bag squats, 2 sets of 20

Good workout today. For the quad Tabata of snatches I dropped back down to the 16kg bell, otherwise it would have been ridiculous. Took about a 2 minute break between the snatches and the swings. The rest went pretty good, kept a nice pace all the way through(with the exception of the getting groceries out of the car).

Getting ready to make some chili/sloppy joe type stuff here in a little bit. It's back to work tonight, but thankfully it is only an 8 hour night. I will have to work on christmas eve, but will be off christmas day. Hopefully I will be able to leave early that night so I can be home to help Santa unload his sleigh and then get a couple of hours of sleep before starting the long day ahead.

Comment

• Today's workout:

Quadruple Tabata Snatches
              Push-ups, 30-20-15
              Triple Tabata Swings
              Pull-ups, 10-8-5
              See-Saw press, 2 sets of 20
              KB front squats, 4 sets of 10

First workout after a two day christmas junk food bender. They said no one could eat that much pie, cookies, and pastries in a two day period, the fools. Challenge accepted, and I believe a new record was set. So after 2 days of crap I decided to fast for the most of today. I did my workout at about hour 20 of around a 22 hour fast. I felt good. Just had a big ass salad and a large NY Strip. Christmas was good, even if it was a bit hectic. Unfortunately my oldest came down with something and has been sick. Turns out she has an ear infection which has been causing horrible coughing. Went to the Dr. today and she was put on a Z-pac and cough medicine. Hope for her sake it goes away quick, this cough keeps her awake all night.

Comment

• Today's workout:

200 KB snatches(in sets of 20)
                200 KB swings(in sets of 50)
                Push-ups, 25-20-15
                Pull-ups, 10-7-5
                Sandbag Thrusters, 4 sets of 10
                Bulgarian Bag squats, 2 sets of 20

Good workout today. Nothing new going on. Food intake is good(after the 2 day pie-fest that is). Just living the primal life. Still looking at the Merrell mud run coming up in May. I'd like to do it, so I hope the schedule works out that way. With things that far off you never can tell what will come up. Fingers crossed though.

Comment

• Today's workkout:

20 KB snatches(10 each side, done as more of a warm-up)
                  3 sets each side of 5 KB swings, 5 KB high pulls, 5 KB snatches, 5 KB clean and press, 5 lunges
                  Pull-ups, 10-8-6-5
                  Push-ups, 25-20-15
                  sandbag Thrusters, 4 sets of 10
                  KB swings, 2 sets of 50

Today's workout done fasted(about 16 or 17 hours). Not by any plan, just happened. Not real hungry for breakfast, so I just skipped it. I'll eat lunch here in a little bit, probably breakfast food though(what's a day without bacon and eggs). had to workout with shoes on for the first time in a long time. It's cold out today, or at least by Florida boy standards it is(Yes, I'm aware that it is about half a degree above absolute zero up in places like Canada right now). It is in the low 50's with about a 25 mph wind. I went outside without shoes and within about 10 minutes thought "fuck, i can't feel my toes!!!" so on went the shoes. Even my wife was surprised. Her comment was "You're wearing shoes? How cold is it?" Sweating and cold at the same time is an interesting feeling to say the least. It brings me back to the fond memories of going through the academy up north. The running in 20 degree weather with frozen snot-cycles hanging from my nose.

Comment

• Shoes! That's it. You're out of the Primal Club, sir. I want your spear and secret decoder ring on my desk by the end of day.

As for the cold. . . I decided to wander down to Bridgehead this morning. It was -30 with the wind. Fuck I'm stupid. I was one of the only people there. But hey, at least it was nice and quiet. . . !

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• -30!? Holy crap!!!! And here I am complaining about having to wear shoes.

Comment

• It's all a matter of comparison. The -30 blew me away, too. I was used to max -5 up til now. January's always a bitch-goddess, though. (So is February.)

When you go from 70 to 50-ish, that's a solid shift. I'd be annoyed to have to wear shoes, too.

Comment

• Today's workout:

200 Snatches(sets of 20)
                          200 Swings(sets of 50)
                          Push-ups, 30-20-15
                          Pull-ups, 10-8-5
                          Bulgarian bag front squats, 3 sets of 20

I felt good today. The pace during the swings and snatches was kept going at a good clip. I really forced myself to keep the rest periods to just enough to catch my breath and then back at it. It was a little cold this morning when I took the dog for about an hour walk, but it felt refreshing. A little cold and windy, but the sky was clear and the sun was shining. It warmed up a bit before doing my workout this afternoon. Warm enough for shorts and a t-shirt(60's), but cool enough to keep the sweat from pouring.

So it looks like I may need to crate train my dog. I was hoping to let her stay free in the house, but it looks like that may have to change. It seems like she gets seperation anxiety now when we leave for even a short time. She gets into things and chews them up. The first few times we left her she was fine, but now it's every time. Today we were gone for about 45 minutes and she managed to get a pack of toilet paper out of the hall closet and completely shred it. Other times it has been things a bit more valuable. She gets a good long walk every day, lots of attention and play time, plenty of things she's allowed to chew on, so I'm not sure what else to do. And to top it off, when we get home and even before we find what she did, she gets so scared she cowers on the floor pees. I don't want to crate her, but I think I have too. I would leave her in the back yard, but a few times she has tried so hard to go after the ducks and iguanas she tried to get under the fence. She also has a fearand deep hatred of lawn equipment and gardening tools. She goes crazy even when it's me holding them. She once tried to "rescue" me from the weed eater. All of my neighbors hire landscaping crews to cut the grass. I would hate for something to happen with them if I left her outside when i wasn't home.

Comment

• Bandit was horrible as a puppy. He even chewed both mine and the hubs wallets, shoes, tp, you name it. Our vet always said no matter what kind of training you do with the dog, its a natural instinct to tear things up until age 3 in human years. Bandit will be 4 next month and he is calm as cucumber. Even though he is a big lap dog, gotta love him.

You know the weather is bad when it's been warmer in Ohio then it is in Florida.
                            Georgette

Comment

• Today's workout:

3 sets each side of 5 swings, 5 high-pulls, 5 snatches, 5 clean and press, 5 lunges.
                              Heavy sandbag cleans, 4 sets of 10
                              Push-ups, 25-20-15
                              Chin-ups, 10-8-5.5
                              Pull-ups, 5
                              Sandbag thrusters, 5 sets of 10

Only got about 4 hours of sleep today, so i felt a little sluggish in the beginning. Once i got going i was good. I haven't done the cleans with the sandbag in a while, I had forgotten just how much it works the grip. My fingers still kind of hurt a little.

So, at work a friend of mine likes to still refer to me as "fatty". The other day I mention that i have lost around 90 lbs and wondered when i would get to stop being the "fat guy" with him. He jokingly says never. I ask if he realizes that I'm now in better shape than him. Of course He just blows it off and says well of course I weigh less, he's 6' 1" and I'm only 5'9". Just for shits and giggles I run our stats through a BMI calculator(not that i put much value on BMI), and what do you know, his BMI is higher than mine. For some reason seeing a couple of numbers on a screen changed his tone when seeing me half of my original size didn't. Funny thing is, he now wants to ask me things about working out and fitness.

Comment

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                                For some reason seeing a couple of numbers on a screen changed his tone when seeing me half of my original size didn't. Funny thing is, he now wants to ask me things about working out and fitness.
                                Funny that it takes official sounding numbers to shut people up at times. Good for you Dave.

Comment

Working...
                                X