No announcement yet.

Skink's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it seems like the kids have FINALLY gone to sleep and it's time to relax. Took my magnesium citrate and waiting for it to kick in. I've really started to love this shit. For all those out there that don't do shift work and don't know what it's to have you sleep patterns totally fucked, it can make living like a normal person very hard. The magnesium citrate has been a lifesaver, and I don't even get the Natural Calm. That shit is way too expensive. I just get Vitamin Shoppe brand and it works pretty damn good for so far.

Just ate some Lindt Excellence 90% cocoa bar, so that might keep me up for a little while. But anything with 22 grams of fat and 3 grams of sugar per serving can't be all bad.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

Woke up today around 7am. No breakfast, just coffee. Had to take the wife to a doctor's appointment, so me and my 2 year old walked around and played for about an hour and a half waiting. Lunch around noon. Left over steak(it was a cheap one, not all that good) and scrambled eggs an kerri gold butter.

Worked out this afternoon. I had planned to see how many sets I could get in doing the Viking Warrior protocol, but my right hand is pretty tore up still from the kettlebell stuff from the other day. Feels like a blister underneath the callus. I got about 10 snatches in before I had to quit.

So here is the alternate workout:
      Warm-up - about 20 kettlebell swings and 10 snatches each side(my failed attempt at Viking Warrior. DAMN YOU BLISTER)
      100 Burpees
      Thruster with sandbag 4 set of 10
      3 sets of push-ups, first 2 sets stopped just before failure, and last set to failure.(I really should start counting, I always wonder how many I do.)
      Front squats with the heavy sandbag. 4 sets of 10.

I tried to keep the rest time in between as short as possible. The first 50 burpees were ok, the last 50 were a BITCH. I was sweating my ass off today. It doesn't help that it's probably close to 90 degrees out today. And yes, when I was finished I was a little nauseas, so I was happy with the intensity.

Dinner tonight is a pot roast with carrots and onions that should be done around 5:30 or so. And then for desert some more Lindt 90% cocoa bar. As much of that stuff as I eat I feel like I should be going to meetings or something.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

Originally posted by skink531 View Post
        Hey, what do you know it worked. The before pic was from the christmas 2009, about 2 months before starting and the other one is fairly current. Still have a way to go, but getting better.
        You Look Great! How much are you down now?
        "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
        Currant: 136 lbs
        Goal: 125 lbs
        11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Comment

Well, it seems like the kids have FINALLY gone to sleep and it's time to relax. Took my magnesium citrate and waiting for it to kick in. I've really started to love this shit. For all those out there that don't do shift work and don't know what it's to have you sleep patterns totally fucked, it can make living like a normal person very hard. The magnesium citrate has been a lifesaver, and I don't even get the Natural Calm. That shit is way too expensive. I just get Vitamin Shoppe brand and it works pretty damn good for so far.

Just ate some Lindt Excellence 90% cocoa bar, so that might keep me up for a little while. But anything with 22 grams of fat and 3 grams of sugar per serving can't be all bad.

I LOVE MAGnESIUN CiTRATE!!!
          ♥♥♥
          "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

11 more lbs to go

Comment

Originally posted by Modern Cave Women View Post
            You Look Great! How much are you down now?
            Thanks. So far I'm down to 180 from 250.

Now here is a strange thought that just popped into my head. That before pic I chose doesn't really show how fat I really was. For some reason I was too embarassed to admit how fat I USED to be. Why is that? What's with this residual shame over my former self. Even though I haven't reached my goal yet I have come a long way from where I was. I need to find the WORST fat pic I can find and be totally honest about who I am, and that means admitting who I was.

Ok, well that was a weird thought stream that just came out.

Comment

Thanks. So far I'm down to 180 from 250.

Now here is a strange thought that just popped into my head. That before pic I chose doesn't really show how fat I really was. For some reason I was too embarassed to admit how fat I USED to be. Why is that? What's with this residual shame over my former self. Even though I haven't reached my goal yet I have come a long way from where I was. I need to find the WORST fat pic I can find and be totally honest about who I am, and that means admitting who I was.

Ok, well that was a weird thought stream that just came out.
              Whats your goal??

Ya I have that too .. I think I made every Fat picture of me *disappear* I might have to do some pretty deep digging if I want to have a really good before shot.. *puke*

11 more lbs to go

Comment

Whats your goal??
                Well, origanally my goal weight was 155-160. Now I am shifting away from the specific number and looking at a fitness level I would like to be at. Basically, once I reach Marvel Comic superhero fitness level I should be good. That's not unrealistic, is it?

Comment

A large part of what we do is attempt to subsume what we were by becoming what we want. It's not wrong, because the present does indeed subsume the past (it has to, or there'd be an infinite number of each of us), but it's also slightly dishonest in terms of personal accountability.

Shit, man... we all do it. I get the same feeling when I look for an old picture. I've found I'm worse than you, though: I don't even have pictures from that period of time. Also, the pictures that do exist are themselves lies because I stand in ways that either minimize or block what I disliked about myself, or I sucked my freakin' gut like mad.

Well, origanally my goal weight was 155-160. Now I am shifting away from the specific number and looking at a fitness level I would like to be at. Basically, once I reach Marvel Comic superhero fitness level I should be good. That's not unrealistic, is it?
                  Hahaha! Nice. And not unrealistic, no... not so long as it motivates ya.
                  August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

So what did I do yesterday....woke up a little after 7am. Breakfast of beacon, eggs, and coffee. Spent most of the day running between Flamingo Road Nursery and Home Depot. Got some shrubs for the side yard, my wife had to get some outdoor decorative thing, and then into the farmers market. We picked up some tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, and mangos.then on to home depot to pick up stuff to start our own vegetable garden. So I spent a good part of the day lugging around lumber and bags of soio and organic compost(or as my oldest daughter said "eeewww, cow poopoo!). Then had to build the raised bed(really pretty easy, couple of nails and you're done), but the harder part was getting the land ready where we wanted to put it. The only good spot in the yard the gets the most sun is on an incline. And this being south florida, it is all sand and rock. So broke it up and leveled it off. Need to go back and get a bit more soil and then ready to plant. The only concern is we have a shit load of feral iguanas that love to eat any and all plants, so I'll need to make a fence to go around it. I hung up a reflective owl thing, don't know if it will work.

For lunch I had some leftover pot roast and vegetables.

Dinner was rib eye steak, sweet patato fries(fried in bacon grease), and a salad. I FUCKING LOVE sweet patato fries. The rib eye was organic, but not grass fed. Still good though.

Just started ordering from a new source for grass fed beef. It is a local buying club that buys direct from an Amish farm. We'll see how it works. They have pick-up days every 2 weeks. It would be nice not to have to buy in bulk. I will get my first pick-up on th 25th. Hopefully it works out to be worth it. Otherwise its back to U.S. Wellness and Slankers.

It's back to work tonight. Only an 8 hour night tonight, so home at 3am. Then only two 12 hour days after that and then 3 days off.

Comment

LOL Thats a great goal! And theres no such thing as unrealistic..

11 more lbs to go

Comment

. The only concern is we have a shit load of feral iguanas that love to eat any and all plants, so I'll need to make a fence to go around it.
                        Thats funny we were talking yesterday on some thread about how iguana's taste.. and you lucky guy have them in your back yard!

Just started ordering from a new source for grass fed beef. It is a local buying club that buys direct from an Amish farm. We'll see how it works. They have pick-up days every 2 weeks. It would be nice not to have to buy in bulk. I will get my first pick-up on th 25th. Hopefully it works out to be worth it. Otherwise its back to U.S. Wellness and Slankers.

does grass fed taste better then grain fed? I heard it was a little tougher hmmm I should be making a switch I think
                        It's back to work tonight. Only an 8 hour night tonight, so home at 3am. Then only two 12 hour days after that and then 3 days off.

What do you do for work? I want to get into the Carpentry field.. Just finished my pre-empolyment schooling.. Should be getting phone calls soonnn I HOPE!!!
                        Hope you are well today!

11 more lbs to go

Comment

Hope you are well today!
                          Doing good, thanks. I haven't given any thought to eating the iguanas. I look at them like I would a rat. As for the grass fed beef, I really do like it. When people say its tough they probably didn't cook it right. You need to use lower heat and shorter cooking times. Rare is the best. As for what I do, I am the PO-PO. I'm always hesitant to tell people, though. Some people change their opinion of me based on that, even though they thought I was the nicest guy right up until then.

Comment

Doing good, thanks. I haven't given any thought to eating the iguanas. I look at them like I would a rat. As for the grass fed beef, I really do like it. When people say its tough they probably didn't cook it right. You need to use lower heat and shorter cooking times. Rare is the best. As for what I do, I am the PO-PO. I'm always hesitant to tell people, though. Some people change their opinion of me based on that, even though they thought I was the nicest guy right up until then.
                            the Po-Po .. hmm an officer?

11 more lbs to go

Comment

the Po-Po .. hmm an officer?
                              Yep, that's me. Just picture Judge Dred.

Comment

Yep, that's me. Just picture Judge Dred.
                                Well gee whiz willakers.. I don't think we should talk anymore..

I wanted to become a police women a couple years back but the physical test kinda scared me off.. I think I will be a better carpenter, and Plus doing this rather then that I wont be relocated so often.. well actually not at all .. unless I really wanted to move..

11 more lbs to go

Comment

Working...
                                X