• Today's workout:

KB Snatch X 200
    KB Swings X 200
    Push-ups, 25-20-15
    Chin-ups, 8-6-4
    Dumbbell rows, 3 sets of 10
    See-Saw Press, 3 sets of 10
    Squats with heavy bag on shoulder and KB in opposite hand, 3 sets of 10

Didn't get to time the snatches and swings(battery is dead in the Gym Boss), but the pace felt good. I'm sure I would have been happy with the time.

Yesterday's dinner of roasted chicken turned out good. I gave the chicken a bacon grease massage then coated it with salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, and parsley. I then surrounded it with sweet potatoes and onions and let it roast for about 2 hours. My first roast chicken so I was happy. The wife finished of the leftovers while I worked out, so it must have turned out OK. She's picky when it comes to chicken. I'll be hitting the leftover chili here in a minute.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Todays workout :

Tabata burpees
      1 min rest
      Tabata KB snatches
      . 1 min rest
      Tabata KB swings

push-ups, 25-18-15
      Pull-ups(straddling the bar), 8-6-4
      Sandbag thrusters, 3 sets of 10

Not the longest workout today, but I kept the rest breaks short so the intensity was there. I felt good after. Was having some Carb cravings, so for dinner i ate half a chicken and an ungodly amount of sweet potatoes. I was pretty stuffed. Only managed one square of dark chocolate for desert.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Today's workout:

Tabata KB Snatches X2
        Tabata KB Swings X2
        Push-ups, 25-18-13
        Chin-ups, 9-7-5
        Sandbag Thrusters, 3 sets of 10

Kept the rest period in between to no more than a minute to keep the intensity level up(I was using every bit of that minute between Tabatas, especially before the last one).

I've been really hungry today. Breakfast was 4 eggs scrambled with chopped up bacon, onions, and orange bell pepper(all cooked in bacon grease of coarse). I just at 2 good sized hamburger patties with a sliced tomato for a late lunch(and I rarely eat lunch), and I am still looking forward to a big steak for dinner tonight. Maybe because yesterday it was a big breakfast, small lunch, and no dinner(well, except for the dark chocolate in the evening). Just didn't want dinner last night for some reason. Oh well, I don't sweat about how much or how often I eat. This ain't rocket surgery after all. Eat when your hungry, eat as much as you need to not be hungry, and just eat real food. You really can't fuck that up too badly.

Comment

• Today's workout:

Tabata Snatches X 2
          Tabata Swings X 2
          Push-ups, 25-20-15

Today is my B-day(Yayyyyyy!). I've kept the meals primal up until now, but there will be cake and ice cream later(chocolate cake with chocolate ice cream ) First we'll be taking the kids to get there picture with Santa. I just love going to the mall around christmas time(does the sarcasm come through in writing?), and then we'll have dinner somewhere. No clue what we'll get, but it has to be somewhere kid friendly so the options are a little narrowed down.

Comment

• Happy Birthday Dave!
            Georgette

Comment

• Happy Birthday! Steak, kids love steak. Really. >.>

Comment

• You mother fucking cock sucker ass weasels!!! You spam my journal on my fucking birthday? If I could find you I would cut your fucking heart out with a spork and use your fucking skull as my beer mug.

Geo and Canio, thanks for the birthday wishes.

We ended up going to chili's. Not exactly my favorite, but my daughter loves it for some reason. I ended up eating chips and salsa, and a big ass burger, bun and all(but it did have Bacon on it ). When we came home I ate an obscene amount of chocolate cake. So I spent all night farting and woke up with a grain and sugar hangover feeling and slightly dehydrated. It was fun though. But I was amazed that we picked the one mall in the world that doesn't have a god damn Santa in it. I explained that this mall is too crowded and all the traffic would scare the reindeer so Santa had to go to a different mall. We'll have to try again next week.

Comment

• Happy belated bday, man!! Sorry for the late well-wishes -- I wasn't around much yesterday. Sounds like you had a good one.
                  August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
                    You mother fucking cock sucker ass weasels!!!
                    I am totally stealing this line.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                      I am totally stealing this line.
                      Wow...the most quoted man on MDA(even more than Mark Sisson) whats to take one of my lines. I feel honored.

Comment

Wow...the most quoted man on MDA(even more than Mark Sisson) whats to take one of my lines. I feel honored.
                        LMAO. Far from the most quoted, and anyway, when you post as much as I do you are bound to get a good one every once in a while. Million monkeys, million typewriters idea

Comment

You mother fucking cock sucker ass weasels!!!
                          When you say that aloud, that is truly bad ass my friend. I think that is in quote of the year running.
                          Georgette

Comment

• Ass weasels are the best weasels.

. . . waitasecond. . . .
                            August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Today's workout:

4 sets each side of 5 KB swings, 5 KB high-pulls, 5 KB snatches, 5 KB clean and press, 5 KB lunges
                              Chin-ups, 10-8-5
                              Push-ups, 25-18-10
                              Bulgarian Bag squats, 3 sets of 15

Good workout today, followed by 3 clementines. Couldn't help it, I can't resist there citrusy goodness. But I figure it all goes right to glycogen stores anyway, so no problems. It has been a nice couple of days off for a birthday weekend(ass weasels aside), but it's back to work tonight. I'm not looking forward to it, but not really dreading it either. The only way I can describe it is that I like my job, but only until I hit the Power Ball.

Comment

• yesterday's workout:

4 sets each side of 5 KB swings, 5 KB high-pulls, 5 KB snatches, 5 KB clean and press, 5 lunges
                                Push-ups, 25-18-15
                                Pull-ups, 10-7-5
                                Sandbag thrusters, 6 sets of 10

Not the longest workout ever, but it was actually pretty intense. Kept breaks to just long enough to catch my breath and then on with the next set. I really need some heavier kettlebells, but they are just so damn expensive. With all our money paying for christmas right now they have to be put on the back burner for the time being. Tonight is my last night of work and then 4 days off. Going to try to take the kids to see Santa tomorrow, hopefully we have better luck than last time. Oh, and I saw that the Merrell Down and Dirty Mud Run is coming to Miami in May 2012. Maybe I will shoot for that since my plans for the Warrior Dash and Spartan Race were shot to hell. They will have a 5k and a 10k. If I can do it I'll stick with the 5k. Of coarse this all depends on how this lines up with work shit. Fucking job always fucking stuff up. Need to win the lottery.

Comment

Working...
                                X