No announcement yet.

Skink's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water my ass, Dr. Insano Tabata Protocol!

P I C T U R E S !

I will post that (in a much larger font, bold) once or twice a week until you comply.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Today's workout:

50 burpees
      100 KB snatches
      150 KB swings
      (should have kept time for these, but forgot my timer. i was happy with the pace though)
      Push-ups, 25-20-17
      Chin-ups, 8-6-5
      See-Saw press, 2 sets of 10
      Squats with heavy bag on one shoulder and KB in opposite hand, 4 sets of 10
      4 laps up and back across the back yard, Grok crawl up and Crab walk back(same thing, wish i had timed it)

I actually thought I might die on the last crab walk, but apparently i survived. It's 86 and sunny out today. I loved it , although I was sweating my ass off. My mother-in-law can't understand why i would want to go and workout in this heat. I can't understand why you would want to sit inside on a beautiful day like this. I also don't think she appreciated the crawling around and getting dirty, oh, and encouraging my daughter to join me(she has clean cloths on for Pete's sake!) Don't get me wrong, my MIL is great and we get along well, but she can be a little on the prissy side.

Hmmmmm....now what to eat for dinner?????
      My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Don't you know that clothes can never be cleaned?! I mean c'mon... it's not like there's some magical machine that you can put clothes into, wait 30 minutes, and they come out damp but clean! You Floridians and your wacky whimsy.

For dinner, I'm havin' ribs. Lots of ribs. With some asparagus and a bit of garlic and red pepper in a frying pan with bacon... because I need the fat to cook the veggies. Obviously. And not for any other reason!

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• If only there was a machine like that. It would sure beat what we do now. You know, dunk them in the lake and then beat them against a tree. Now if only there was some kind of sudsy substance I could put on them to help get the dirt out.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Aaaaaaaaaaargh!!! I don't get people. The in laws just took the kids for a walk and then they have been sitting outside as the sun is setting. I thought "could it be they are enjoying being outside?" Nope. Just came in complaining about how they were so hot just sitting there. They live on a house in the country for fuck sake! Enjoy some fucking fresh air!!!

Comment

• LOL Sounds like some members of my family when they think of swimming in a lake, river, etc. "It's too cold." Ugh.

Comment

• Today's workout:

10 rounds of 5 Sledgehammer left side, 5 sledgehammer right side, 5 KB snatches left, 5 KB snatches right, 5 Sandbag thrusters, 5 push-ups
                (Time = 20:10)
                10 rounds of 5 Bulgarian bag squats, crawl up and back across the back yard, 3 chin-ups
                (Time = 9:30)

Workout felt good, and i got good and dirty doing it which makes my MIL give tat look. I don't know why I like making her uncomfortable like that, but I do . Today was a good day. Started by going to the farmer's market. MIL bought some veggies. i just sampled some raw hunnies and some pepper jelly. Tiny little tastes, but more sugar than I've had in a while. then it was playing in the park, mostly just watching the little at this point. then it was off to another park for a picnic, which for me was a banana and some tangerines(nothing but sandwiches...grrrr). Then again to play in the park. this time my daughter made the request I cannot turn down. "Be a monkey daddy!" So that was a good time.

Comment

• The whole sandwich thing reminded me how much I've been craving a sandwich lately. I have some Chebe foccocia baking in the oven and will make a sandwich with that for dinner tonight with some cream of tomato soup I picked up at Trader Joes. I'll take a picture of my sandwich later and post it on my journal. So excited!!!!!
                  Georgette

Comment

• OK. Have to show my ignorance. What is chebe? Does it taste like bread or is it just a tool to hold the food and eat with your hands? To be honest I don't miss bread that much, and I eat with my hands whether its appropriate or not when I feel like it.

Comment

• Chebe's a gluten free mix you can use to replace bread. It's ok. Not the best I've had. I may have to get to a gluten bakery and check out what they have.
                      Georgette

Comment

• Well I went and hurt myself. During the other days workout I lost balance for half a second and caught myself. I felt something at the time but it seemed ok. Today it is tight as hell. Will take it easy for a few days.

MIL went shopping for us. She bought butter. Here's the problem,

Ingrediants in her butter:
                        Ingredients: Butter (Cream, Salt), Water*, Food Starch-Modified*, Contains Less Than 2% of Tapioca Maltodextrin*, Salt, Vegetable Mono And Diglycerides*, Lactic Acid*, Potassium Sorbate* and Sodium Benzoate* (preservatives), PGPR* (emulsifier), Xanthan Gum*, Natural Flavor* Vitamin A Palmitate*, Beta Carotene* (color).
                        *Ingredients not found in regular butter.
                        CONTAINS: MILK

And here is what I get:
                        Ingredients
                        Pasteurized Organic Sweet Cream (Milk), Microbial Culture.

Oh, and mine also comes from pasture raised cows. I try to explain things, but it isn't sinking in.

Comment

• Yeah, I tried to explain something similar to a family member re: the difference between margarine vs butter or animal fat. I took this approach:

"What's in butter?"
                          "Umm... butter?"
                          "Right. What's in animal fat?"
                          "It's just animal fat...."
                          "Now read the ingredients for margarine. Do you know what half of those things are or what they do?"

Ah well. I take what small victories I win but otherwise let them do their own thing. As long as it doesn't affect me, they can do as they please.

PS: Check facebook, sir.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                            As long as it doesn't affect me, they can do as they please.
                            This is usually my way of thinking, but when they are shopping to feed my family it makes me want to grab them and start slapping them around like Mo would do to Curly.

Anyway, It's official. I am hurt. I totally fucked my back. It is a full on pulled muscle. It was having spasm all night and I hardly slept. Nothing to do but rest and wait. This is doubly awesome since I am still playing nurse maid to my wife.

Comment

• Holy shit, this sucks. Patrick, I have a new found sympathy for you from back when you had the chest injury. My back fucking hurts. I want to go do stuff and can't. I feel lazy and restless, but can do nothing about it!!! I was getting into the car earlier and twisted a little as I got in. This caused a spasm in my back muscle which left me paralyzed in pain. THIS FUCKING BLOWS!!!

Comment

• Ugh. That's the shittiest news! And it's your back, too -- you can't work around that. As sucky as it is, just keep eating Primal, get good sleep and sit/lie down outside in the sun for a while outside every day (when you can). In other words, keep on top of everything else, even if you can't LHT.

Ironically, when you're back on your feet and ready to kick ass, you might find that you've made strength gains instead of the losses that you're no doubt anticipating! I did. It was really weird. Got me thinking about something in 4-Hour Body, whereby sometimes people have awesome progress when they only work out for 15 minutes once a week.

You'll be right back into things soon, I'm sure. Are you going to see a chiropractor or massage therapist?

Comment

Working...
                                X