Skink's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
    Wooohoooo!! Freakin' awesome, man! Congrats! Any idea what your target weight might be, despite weight being a relatively silly measurement?
    Thanks. As for a target weight, I'm not sure. I think 160 would be a good number, but I also want a good 10 lbs of muscle added also. So 20 lbs of fat and 10 lbs of muscle. But honestly, I'm going more by sight than by numbers right now. I'll know when I'm there when I like what I see and have the strength I want.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
      Just a quick update. Not that numbers mean too much, but I did break the 170 plateau. Today's weight is 169.
      Woohoo!!!!!!!
      Georgette

Comment

• Today's workout:

Tabata KB Snatches X 2
        Tabata KB swings X 2
        1 minute rest between Tabatas
        Push-ups, 25-20-15
        Dumbbell rows, 3 sets of 10
        Heavy bag front squats, 3 sets of 10

Felt ok today. A little sluggish to start, but good once i got warmed up. I was sweating like a pig out there today. It may be Fall, but someone forgot to mention that to the State of Florida. It has cooled down a little(85), but the humidity is still up there. It may be Fall, but I remind myself it is still hurricane season.

Tomorrow I drive to meet a rescue dog to consider adopting. She is a Lab/Shepherd mix, 2 of my favorite dog breeds. She's living with a foster family, so I won't be going to a kennel like the last place. Hopefully that means it will be a better experience.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Today's workout(although, technically it is yesterday's workout since it's like 2 am right now):

4 sets each side of 5KB swings, 5 KB high-pulls, 5 KB snatches, 5 KB clean and press, 5 lunges
          10 Turkish Geet-ups(5 each side)
          Push-ups, 25-20-13
          Sandbag thrusters, 3 sets of 10

I felt pretty good today. I up'd my carb intake a bit and I think it's working ok. Nothing crazy, but mashed sweet potatos with dinner last night and a banana today at lunch. I did my workout after spending the first half of the day cleaning the house and wowing the lawn, and I still had plenty of fuel in the tank. I've never been totally carb phobic, but I think now that I'm not as metaboliclly broken as I once was and I'm pretty sure I'm pretty insulin and leptin sensitive, so I think throwing in a few higher carb days might help me out. Like I said, I also want to put on some muscle and not just lose fat(although I still have more to lose).

Comment

• Originally posted by skink531 View Post
            In other news, cinnamon and heavy cream in coffee = dessert for breakfast.
            Definitely this. I put hwc and a bit of vanilla extract in my coffee
            Georgette

Comment

• Today's workout:

3 sets each side of 5 KB swings, 5 KB high-pulls, 5 KB snatches, 5 KB clean and press, 5 lunges
              Push-ups, 25-20-15
              Chin-ups, 7-6-5
              Sandbag Thrusters, 4 sets of 10

Comment

• Today's workout:

10 rounds for time - 5 sledgehammer slams right, 5 sledgehammer slams left, 5 KB snatch right, 5 KB snatch left, 5 push-ups
                Time = 12:47

7 rounds for time - 5 sandbag thrusters, 3 chin-ups, lunges w/ Bulgarian bag up and back across the back yard
                Time = 9:25

Comment

• You are crazy, Dave. I wish I could handle that kind of intensity! And think how sweet that is: 21 minutes for an awesome, extremely versatile and full-body workout. It doesn't get much better than that!
                  August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• That is some badassedry my friend.
                    Georgette

Comment

• Haha...thanks Geo, badassedry may be my new favorite word. And Patrick, yeah for being short it did kick my ass. Part of me felt like i should do more since I haven't been at it that long, but the rest of was having trouble moving so I knew it was a good workout.

Comment

• Today's workout:

Tabata KB snatches X2
                        Tabata KB Swings X2
                        Double KB clean and press, 3 sets of 10
                        Chin-ups, 7-6-5
                        Push-ups, 25-20-12
                        Heavy bag front squats, 4 sets of 10

Comment

• My workout today? Picking up a plate of pumpkin pie, lemon merengue pie, apple pie, and a butter tart. After two platefuls of Thanksgiving goodness, two beers and three glasses of red wine.

Yeah, this weekend was a bust and then some. This week I'm getting back to the grind, as it were. Been lazy this last week due to surgery, a move, a stressful work deadline, and then Thanksgiving.
                          August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                            My workout today? Picking up a plate of pumpkin pie, lemon merengue pie, apple pie, and a butter tart. After two platefuls of Thanksgiving goodness, two beers and three glasses of red wine.

Yeah, this weekend was a bust and then some. This week I'm getting back to the grind, as it were. Been lazy this last week due to surgery, a move, a stressful work deadline, and then Thanksgiving.
                            Thanksgiving doesn't count. I believe it's in the book somewhere that pie on Thanksgiving is not only OK, but it is required. Our Thanksgiving is is next month and I have similar plans in store. Not to mention I never make it through Halloween without going through at least a pound and a half of candy corn. Hope your surgery went well. I know the stress that can be. My wife just had surgery herself, and I'm talking time off work to help her. So for me the workout time is what is keeping me sane. Changing catheter bags isn't fun, I don't care what they tell you.

Comment

• Today's workout:

4 sets each side of 5 KB swings, 5 KB high-pulls, 5 KB snatches, 5 KB clean and press, 5 lunges.
                              Push-ups, 25-20-15
                              Pull-ups(done straddling the bar, palms facing each other), 8-7-6
                              chin-ups, 1 set of 7
                              Sandbag thrusters, 4 sets of 10
                              Lunges with Bulgarian bag, 4 sets up and back across the back yard

Comment

• So last night I ate some cookies. Yeah, that's right, i said I ate some fucking cookies, you want to fight about it? I also had some 60% dark chocolate. the cookies weren't even that good and I prefer the darker chocolate now. What a waste of a cheat night. I did have a lot of gas and took a couple of massive deuces in the morning. Luckily I don't get the sick feeling others get when they eat this stuff, but I do see a difference in how my body reacts. It's been a stressful week and I've been drinking a lot more coffee than usual, but not sure what effect it is having. I've been keeping up with workouts, and feel like I might be adding some muscle, so that is good. I've also gained like 7 pounds, but I'm pretty sure it is almost all water.

Comment

Working...
                                X